Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Hot off the presses!

djdelay

Feb 24, 2006, 5:19 PM
So this just happened......

A lady calls in, a real sweet lady. Here is how it goes:

Me: "Thank you for calling _________, my name is __________. How may I help you today?"

Her: "Yes, I'm having some difficulty with my phone...........

It was run over by a bus."

At this point I proceeded to laugh right into her ear........Man. What are some of these people thinking when they call in? Do they really think that they can convince me the bus is a manufacturer's defect from motorola?
Nikoletta

Feb 24, 2006, 6:07 PM
What you mean they're not designed to withstand being run over by a vehicle! Dang Motorola, they need to make tougher phones. I'm going to a different carrier because you sell crappy phones! Unless you give me a free RAZR to make it up to me.
longsleeves

Feb 24, 2006, 6:18 PM
when will manufactors learn their phones need to survive meteor impacts and trips into a black hole, they have the technology I know they do but instead they manufactor flimsy phones.
evilbstrd666

Feb 24, 2006, 8:52 PM
No kidding.

I mean, why should customers treat a $400 electronic device like a $400 electronic device? What customer really cares - the carriers probably get the damn things for free, right? And they sell them for $400! They are all theieves!

I mean, really, it isn't that hard to manufacture a phone 2 mm thick with a screen the size of that in the movie theater but still small enough to fit in your pocket. They only have to break the laws of physics - how hard can that be? I mean, customers break the law all the time, so it has to be easy....
kapwww

Feb 25, 2006, 9:23 AM
They need to be waterproof too...
CptFarlow

Feb 25, 2006, 10:15 AM
Yeah...there is no reason why dropping it in the toilet would damage it. /sarcasm

On a side note...I was selling a phone yesterday, one of our phones with rubber edging, making it a bit more rugged than our others, the Sanyo 7500 to be exact. I pointed it to him and started mentioning some of the features, the ruggedness one of them...and he replies with, "So it can get rained on, right?"

Then he stood there in disbelief when I told him you should never let any electronics near water.
kapwww

Feb 25, 2006, 2:10 PM
I have asked people if they would take a new plasma tv, dump it in the lake, and still expect it to work. Same thing with an Xbox or a computer. They helps them get the point a little before they start complaining about the manufacturing. At that point, they can't blame me anymore. It's great...
tequilasundae

Feb 25, 2006, 4:22 PM
i had one once ..guy hands it to me..says its a piece of sh&*....i asked why..they said well
my cousins phone fell in a snowbank too and IT still works... 😳
of course no ins or anything 🤣
BrianJ

Feb 24, 2006, 6:23 PM
"But it didn't say anywhere that it couldn't be run over by a bus!" or "You never told me that it couldn't be run over by a bus". Those are always funny. And you can replace bus with things like hot tubs, mowers, bottoms of lakes, etc etc etc. 🙄
evilbstrd666

Feb 24, 2006, 8:53 PM
And then they ask you what neglect means.....

And somehow dropping the phone from shoulder height isn't neglect either....
lknjedi

Feb 24, 2006, 6:27 PM
Guys, I think we shoud be like those lottery guys... 8 of us develop a water proof cell phone.. perfect for scuba divers, and 95% of our existing clients... we would be so rich!!! we could sit on a private island on our laptops laughing at the jokers that took our place on phonescoop.com complaining about customers...
lknjedi

Feb 24, 2006, 6:30 PM
I just had one of those "I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR 300 YEARS!!! I HAVE!! LOOK IT UP ON YOUR COMPUTER!!!"

thats another thing... why do they assume that we can look up EVERYTHING about them on the pc??? "Sorry bud, I can not tell you how long you talked to Tabitha 11/07/1982..."
yossi296_65

Feb 25, 2006, 4:58 AM
What? Computers are not gods?? Are they not everpresent and allknowing?? lol.
CptFarlow

Feb 25, 2006, 10:20 AM
I don't get that either. I guess they assume that since I have a monitor, mouse, and keyboard, then I must be able to see every little detail about their account.

Even when I tell them, "Sorry, I don't have the program to look that information up, but customer service could look at your bill for you."

Customer: "Well, can't you just hit a button and bring it up?"

Yeah sure, slut...if that were the case I'd hit 'the button' and give myself a raise, too. In fact...I'd give everybody on phonescoop a raise as well! God knows we all deserve it. 🙄
longsleeves

Feb 25, 2006, 12:48 PM
can I get at least an extra $2 that would help so much.
Scotch

Feb 25, 2006, 2:15 AM
But, but... but I thought it was ruggedized! POS phone.

For those whose sense of humor was surgically removed, or run over by a bus, that was a joke. 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.