Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

786-718-9058 spanish recording

ErikaMarie

Feb 23, 2006, 2:04 PM
All of our freakin' demo phones are being called by this # like 15 times today so far! I'm going nuts! When you call it, it gives a short ring then a fast busy.

I have no clue what the guy is saying...

Has this happened to any of you?
ErikaMarie

Feb 23, 2006, 3:10 PM
KrazyJoe

Feb 24, 2006, 4:52 PM
I get 5 - 10 calls a day that are hang-ups. It's really annoying. I wait 3 rings and hold the phone for 10 seconds before I say anything so I don't waste my breathe.

Sometimes they wait to hear me speak before hanging up though.

And I don't have the luxury of caller ID here.
3ntropy

Mar 8, 2006, 4:16 PM
great article. no problems like that for me.
Cigee

Mar 13, 2006, 5:39 PM
I get these calls on occassion and I have no idea what they are saying. Does anyone know? I know there is an article you posted, ErikaMarie but I am internet challenged in this store and am not able to open it.
alejandro

Feb 23, 2006, 3:33 PM
I always used to get sprint relay calls (service on the computer usually reserved for deaf or mute people, but i suppose a good way to hide your tracks) from someone wanting me to charge his credit card and send him phones (Which were GSM and i sold CDMA) to an address in africa for his business associate. They were entertaining each time and everytime the operator calls they ask if you know what a relay call is and i usually said something like what i described "service on the computer usually reserved for deaf or mute people, but also a good way for crooks to use stolen credit cards and cover their tracks"
deeterman

Feb 23, 2006, 3:53 PM
I had the very same call from a relay serv for sprint. the guy wanted me to sell him 7 phones outright with a credit card over the phone and have them shipped to africa
alejandro

Feb 23, 2006, 4:05 PM
yes, the most high-end GSM phones, and when informed we did not carry those phones he asked what was the most expensive phone we carried, It was entertaining, and we got the calls at least once a week.
tadams

Feb 23, 2006, 5:05 PM
I have had the SAME thing happen. 3 Razrs outright, when they FIRST came out. I was like, um... NO! I no know what number will pop up for a relay call, and I usually let it ring thru to my phone lady.
alejandro

Feb 23, 2006, 5:16 PM
i looked it up on the internet, and found matches like FCC complaints with things ranging from 50 shoes sent to africa to 20 tires sent to africa. Shoes, tires, and cell phones, the integral part of every rebel army.
johnnybmagic

Feb 23, 2006, 10:48 PM
Yep, I had that happen twice, both times they were asking for 5 RAZRs.
katman_blue

Feb 24, 2006, 5:14 PM
I had that happen not too long ago. They wanted 5 razr's. It happens every now and then...this last time I told them each phone was $999.99 and the relay operator came back after a short pause and said "OK do you accept credit cards?"

I laughed, and said "no we only accept debit cards from El Banco Central, sorry" and hung up.
3ntropy

Mar 8, 2006, 4:18 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣
UOQuack

Mar 8, 2006, 3:55 PM
We used to get lots of relay calls too, until I decided enough was enough, and now we tell the operator that we can't assist them with a relay call due to fraud concerns, and the customer will have to come into the store. They dont call our store anymore.
danielson

Mar 7, 2006, 6:08 PM
Can you copy and paste this for those of us with firewalls?
ErikaMarie

Mar 7, 2006, 6:48 PM
The phone number "(305) 371-7266" is a Miami, FL based phone number and the registered carrier is Bellsouth Telecomm Inc Dba Southern Bell Tel & Tel.

ML INC
305-371-7266
999 BRICKELL BAY DR, Suite#209 Miami, Florida

building: http://www.miamicondocomando.com/four-ambbass adors-miami.htm

I received a phone call from these people this morning at 11:30 on my AT&T/Cingular wireless phone, in Texas. I didn't answer because I was in class and I had my husband search and he said the number was from Miami. Then I came home and searched and I found this forum and searched some more. Anyway, the people who own the apt/ste 209 are from Venezuela (explains why they are sp...
(continues)
xIsamuTM

Mar 8, 2006, 12:52 AM
we have he address, someone needs to firebomb thier a$$es, 100.00 to the person who brings me their heads!!

note: xIsamuTM, WZOM Productions, In your Phase New Media, and MeCast Encodings do not condone or advocate the use of violence. Violence *will solve problems, about the only thing that ever permanently solves anything, but we do not agree it's good. The opinions in this post are not those of the above pseudo-companies, phonescoop, or of the person posting.
ErikaMarie

Mar 8, 2006, 12:54 PM
I saw the whole thing... they hit you first.
3ntropy

Mar 8, 2006, 4:24 PM
loved the disclaimer. 🤣
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 11, 2006, 2:02 PM
States are in control of driving and license laws. By the summer of 2004, some 40 states had agreed to allow some alternatives to the social security card requirement, although this can involve much red tape. Motor vehicle administrations in 18 states (HI, IL, MI, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NY, NC, ND, OR, RI, TN, UT, VT, WA and WI) do not require driver’s license applicants to be legal residents

Which is sooooo ignorant. that's it, why dont we just give em the key to the city as they sneak across the border
ErikaMarie

Mar 10, 2006, 10:53 AM
It seems to be a nationwide problem but none of you have said y'all are having the same problem?

I know T-Mobile, Cingular, Sprint, & Nextel have all been experiencing the same thing.
disco inferno

Mar 13, 2006, 9:00 PM
I got VZW and i got one call, i forgot the number but it was a lady with an Indian accent saying that "My government" wanted to give me a "grant" of $6000, when i asked her why she couln't give me a sraight answer, first of all anyone acctually calling from the government wouldn't refer to it as a third party like "my government" and the government doesn't give out money for nothing... oh wait yeah they do it's called wellfare. oh well those bstards didn't get anyof my information, even tho they did know my address which they wanted me to confirm which makes me wonder how much of my other information do they have?
ErikaMarie

Mar 15, 2006, 9:54 AM
That's not "the call" I was referring to though.
xIsamuTM

Mar 15, 2006, 11:40 PM
so... I should tear up the check then?
The Lost Ramone

Mar 16, 2006, 9:50 PM
786-879-6669

sounded very close to what was described here.
SprintBGN

Mar 17, 2006, 1:14 PM
they're metro pcs numbers, here in miami, there's always something shady going on...unfortunately the numbers are disconnected so i couldn't translate what was said.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.