Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

this guy is nuts

newfette

Feb 23, 2006, 12:52 PM
so this guy walks up to me, real shady looking.. just cam out of the liquor store.. kinda staggering.. and he starts looking at my dummy phones...

I ask him if there's anything i can help him with and he told me he wanted a camera phone..

i sail ok.. this is the one we have for free blah blah blah...

he's like no.. "i want the most expensive phone you have"

so I showed him the Motorola Razr.. just came out (i know i'm in canada were a little behind the times.. )

but i told him that the phone would not work in an analog area(which is the majorityh of the area around here).. that this phone was purly a digital phone.

dud doesn't care.. so i think ok.. whatever

I start entering his info into the computer and it comes b...
(continues)
yeahright

Feb 23, 2006, 1:01 PM
He probably just robbed the liquor store 😲
newfette

Feb 23, 2006, 1:05 PM
lol.. i dont care i just made a sale
😁
djdelay

Feb 23, 2006, 1:12 PM
He sells drugs.......
Sholyhit

Feb 23, 2006, 1:29 PM
Are you sure he came out of a liquor store and not a crack house?
newfette

Feb 23, 2006, 1:32 PM
lol.. i'm sure..

but i dont know.. have you ever gotten that gut feeling about something
Sholyhit

Feb 23, 2006, 1:37 PM
4 of the customers we have sold phones to in the past month are in jail. 1 robbed a bank. The other 3 were inolved in shooting deaths. Welcome to Ghetto Wireless...
newfette

Feb 23, 2006, 1:43 PM
lol

no doubt..

so you have any job openings??

sounds like i would fit tight in there
tequilasundae

Feb 23, 2006, 1:48 PM
Sholyhit said:
4 of the customers we have sold phones to in the past month are in jail. 1 robbed a bank. The other 3 were inolved in shooting deaths. Welcome to Ghetto Wireless...

you work for a co. with the intitials GW??
ESmurf

Feb 23, 2006, 1:51 PM
Tequila, Do you???
Sholyhit

Feb 23, 2006, 1:53 PM
Why would you ask, Mr. Moreno?
ccanady

Feb 23, 2006, 1:48 PM
We get these customers every now and then. When you are locked up and you get out you get a lump sum of money. I have had guys come in and pay their deposit and buy the phone and shop the mall while we do all the work. One guy had thousands of dollars and was just throwing away money.
Wakkado

Feb 23, 2006, 2:49 PM
They give you money?!?!?

Jail is looking better and better...

I think I will sharpen up my martial arts then head to prison for the peace and quiet
ccanady

Feb 23, 2006, 2:50 PM
I know its funny how they come out loaded for doing a crime.
ESmurf

Feb 23, 2006, 2:56 PM
I asked someone about that when I worked at the bank (they didn't come out w/ accounts and the jails account was with us). It's the money they have when they went it. Most of the checks I cashed were under $10.00. I had a few under $1.00. This was the county jail. Prison may be different. Or if you're in for a long stint it may be COL adjusted.
Cunning_Linguist

Feb 23, 2006, 7:07 PM
The way it works is:
A) If you have someone depositing into your account monthly (For things like Cantina, where you buy extra food and undies etc.) you get that balance back, the day you are paroled.

B) If you were arrested with money. You get it the day you are paroled.

C) If you were working for the state.. making license plates, doing out-of-prison work programs etc. you normally earn about 1.40 an hour, and you can get that the day you get out.

Or, so I am told.
longsleeves

Feb 23, 2006, 7:10 PM
I had a friend in jail and all the money they earn or that we deposit to their account they get to spend on commissary. Things like ramens and candy shoes underwear etc...
Cunning_Linguist

Feb 24, 2006, 5:43 PM
Yeah, Commisary, Cantina, same thing, depends on where you are doing your stretch.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.