Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

New Movie

aemsafd

Feb 22, 2006, 10:52 AM
Has anyone seen that new movie starring Harrison Ford?

Jack Stanfield (Ford) plays a mild-mannered sales representative for a cellular phone company. But his world is turned upside down when brutal terrorists kidnap his family. Their ransom: they want Stanfield to waive the activation fee for their new line of service. Thus begins a brilliant game of cat and mouse, as Stanfield tries to electronically beat the system in time to save the lives of his wife and children.

"This movie will leave you on the edge of your seat!"

"The plot twists will leave you breathless!"

NOTE: Despite what you may think, this movie is NOT based on anything that captainplooky has ever done.
Willwise

Feb 22, 2006, 11:00 AM
🤣 🤣 🤣
Nikoletta

Feb 22, 2006, 12:11 PM
Sounds like they left some things out about the terrorist demanding a free RAZR with a free Bluetooth headset. Apparently the writers left out a bit of research
brentgodwin

Feb 22, 2006, 12:13 PM
the writers also forgot that they want to use T-mobile's pink RAZR on Verizon service...
aemsafd

Feb 22, 2006, 12:16 PM
Hey, they can't spoil all of the plot. Every time the hero makes some progress, the terrorists make another demand like free shipping, extended life batteries, etc. But you wouldn't want the movie ruined, would you?
brentgodwin

Feb 22, 2006, 12:21 PM
true....

Casting thought...

Steve Buscemi could be the terrorist...
aemsafd

Feb 22, 2006, 12:25 PM
No ... Steve Buscemi has a sense of humor.

Maybe we could get Hitler to play the part of plooky
Nikoletta

Feb 22, 2006, 12:29 PM
The obnoxious customer who stands in the corner and says that Jack is doing his job wrong and should be ashamed of himself for breathing... and then we find out is secretly plotting with the terrorists and has no soul... or better yet, he's in league with the Aliens who are really behind the whole plot to try and throw the earth into chaos? That would be a perfect role. (Sorry, my brother and I were talking about "Flight Plan" and "Forgotten" the movies today and that prompted this train of thought.)
Mid_Isle

Feb 22, 2006, 12:38 PM
Hitler? You'd never get him, I hear he's in the Argentinian National Production of Streetcar Named Desire...

And apparently...

He's FABULOUS!
aemsafd

Feb 22, 2006, 12:53 PM
I didn't know Hitler was gay!
Mid_Isle

Feb 22, 2006, 12:55 PM
I don't know about gay, bu I hear he's causing quite a fuhrer!

(insert rim shot here)

Thank you ladies and gentleman, enjoy the veal, I'll be here all week!
aemsafd

Feb 22, 2006, 1:00 PM
Wow. That was just really lame.
Mid_Isle

Feb 22, 2006, 1:03 PM
🤣

such was my intent.
Mid_Isle

Feb 22, 2006, 12:29 PM
With Bruce Campbell as Ford's sidekick

No

His Sidekick 2!

(Ok, even I thought that was pretty lame)
kellenhoskins

Feb 22, 2006, 12:17 PM
Yeah man i just paid $500 for this phone if you wont let me use it i will kidnap your family until you upgrade your network so it will work
ButtaKnife

Feb 23, 2006, 1:54 PM
At least it probably wasn't written any worse than the script for the Wing Commander movie.
aemsafd

Feb 22, 2006, 6:19 PM
Obviously this post needs to be bumped
brentgodwin

Feb 22, 2006, 6:36 PM
How about DeNiro and Joe Pesci as the mob bosses behind the terrorists...

Al Pacino would be the cop that is in between the terrorists and Harrison Ford as he is the brother of Ford's wife and Joe Pesci's cousin and was once in the mob family business...
tequilasundae

Feb 23, 2006, 1:23 PM
aemsafd said:

"This movie will leave you on the edge of your seat!"

"The plot twists will leave you breathless!"

blockquote>

are these quotes by chance from Earl Dittman of Wireless Magazine, or Shaun Edwards of Fox TV?>? 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.