Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

it never ceases to amaze me..

tequilasundae

Feb 18, 2006, 2:47 PM
the sheer dumbassitude of some people..
i had 2 in a row..
a couple came in(she had a shiner) and instantly i heard "Dueling Banjos"!..they pointed at another assc and said they'd wait, but he was deep into 2 lines and wasnt gonna be done so i took them..
she hands me a clearly dropped phone, with a chip out of the battery,and scuff marks on the rest of it..and she says she's here to "give her $50 and walk out with a new phone" 🤣 🤣 🤣 she then said she "just wants to buy one" so i told her it was full retail (lockline fell on dumb ears..)she also said she wanted an upgraded phone..
so i said here are the rest ..$279,$349,$399..
she picks one..so i ring it up...and say $311.99! "what??" $311.99. "no its 50." no its not..U ha...
(continues)
tequilasundae

Feb 18, 2006, 3:38 PM
they were followd by a couple that who said their phone wasn't keeping a charge..so i took it in back to see what might be wrong(and to look officious)..i opened it up and OMG..its got moisture..and of course no insurance. 😛
and not with phone long enough to get rebate...
so i show her both watermarks..(battery and set)..cause she's in denial ( dere ain't never been no water in it,,) ok so i show her a dry battery...when faced with stone cold reality she changed her tune..."dis phone be messin up..you all screwed me..You sold me a bad phone/...blah blah blah... 🤣
evilbstrd666

Feb 18, 2006, 7:57 PM
Don't feel bad, had the same thing today.

"Oh, this crappy phone doesn't hold a charge anymore, and I want a replacement!"

1) We are not a corporate dealer. We are a 3rd party dealer. We aren't even licenced to sell the Lockline insurance - so we don't touch it. The closest I am willing to get, is to dial the phone for you to talk to them about it.

2) Maybe, just maybe, you could convince me the phone sucks IF water doesn't drip out of between the battery and phone itself. Just for fun, I ask, has it been exposed to moisture, and get the usual, no, of course not. Uh huh. Except this time, I didn't have to explain it, I just had to show her! And of course, it's her son's fault. I have a novel idea -- DON'T GIVE A LITTLE KID ...
(continues)
yossi296_65

Feb 18, 2006, 10:17 PM
customer: my son broke my phone. whom do i complain to?

me: your son?

customer: seriously though, how do i get my phone replaced?

me: i can sell you a new one. we have this bluetooth enabled camera phone with memory expansion slot. let me check your upgrade eligibility to see about getting you a discount on it.

customer: what do you mean sell me a new one? isnt this covered under manufacturer's warranty?

me: unfortunately no.

customer: well its not my fault the phone broke!! why should i have to pay for it ????

me: because its not defective, your son broke it.

customer: where's your nearest other store im gonna try there.....

me: here's directions
evilbstrd666

Feb 18, 2006, 11:00 PM
Wait, there is a better way:

Complain to God. Your son is defective!
yossi296_65

Feb 18, 2006, 11:01 PM
lol
Scotch

Feb 20, 2006, 2:29 AM
What?! You expect people to take responsibility for their own actions? This is America, man, people can just deflect blame.

I blame it on the hippy generation. See how easy that is? 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.