Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

the "ive been a good customer " discount..

tequilasundae

Feb 13, 2006, 3:14 PM
iLOOOVE when u tell people they can't have something (this case it was a new phone to replace a cracked one that was 6 mo old, or just 'pay the difference' and get a better phone)..and they pull that "well you should do that cause i'm such a good customer"//i told the guy 'if i had a dollar for every time ihave heard that'....he didn't like it too much.. 😳
ButtaKnife

Feb 13, 2006, 3:51 PM
🤣
I chuckled when I read that you told him the "if I had a dollar..." bit. Do they think they're the only ones who deserve anything? If you were such a good customer you would have insurance for your phone!
tequilasundae

Feb 13, 2006, 4:02 PM
this chucklehead did have insurance..we just didn't have a phone to give him..which of course only made him madder..the really stupid thing is when people try to play the 'good customer' card..does it get one anywhere at anyplace else???
😳
Nikoletta

Feb 13, 2006, 4:03 PM
Not with us.
tequilasundae

Feb 13, 2006, 4:26 PM
'letta..i knew the answer to that b4 i asked it 😁
Palmer1021

Feb 13, 2006, 4:59 PM
I think every one can say that as soon as that card is played things are done for them. I know if they drop that "TRUMP" card I will go out of my way to try and find a way not to help them it makes me pissed inside that they think they are so special. Makes me laugh at them and just want to say "if only you knew how far that actually put you behind with me."
sacdude

Feb 14, 2006, 1:45 AM
niki you really need a new job
celesticatfl

Feb 13, 2006, 5:03 PM
IT's like if they'd only kept their mouth shut they could get more out of you. I feel that same defiance, thinking, "Oh you did not just go there....now I'm not going to offer anything." Have a nice day Buh Bye.
tequilasundae

Feb 13, 2006, 5:44 PM
i mean really, how does one keep the sarcasm from leaping off ones face when they ask that question....
cingcing

Feb 14, 2006, 6:59 PM
I like to hit them with the "Grocery store analogy."

I bet you go to the same grocery store at least once a week don't you? Probably have for years.

Yeah, sure.

You probably have spent thousands of dollars of your hard earned money there over the years.

Yeah.

Do you think they owe you a bunch of free food for your loyalty?

They tend to get the point. Wireless company's are NOT non-profit organizations, and this isn't Tijuana. The prices are there for a reason.
Vox Dei

Feb 14, 2006, 7:40 PM
Seriously? They get the point? I always get "It's not the same" Of course i'm using something a little closer. Like the Cable company. They make you sign contracts but you don't get a free TV with it.
cingcing

Feb 14, 2006, 10:46 PM
Actually I think the closest situation to Wireless companys is alarm companys. They make you sign a contract with a monthly service fee, and give you the system. I would use this one more but not that many people have home security systems.

I don't really like the Cable co. analogy cause the cable co. doesn't actually sell tv's. Plus, I have never signed a contract for cable. That might be a regional thing, I don't know.
Sholyhit

Feb 15, 2006, 1:08 PM
I get this one all the time, "I've been with you guys for 2 months now and I've always paid my bill! I deserve *insert here* for free!" Yeah... let's see.. You signed up 2 months ago, paid 1 bill (full month and prorate month) and now you think that because you got your free phone, which cost US $147 and you paid us $129 for your bill, you deserve a phone that retails for $450 for free? Yeah... and I'll throw in some more crack rocks for free.. you seem to have smoked all of yours...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.