Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Are you freaking kidding me right now!?

ESmurf

Feb 11, 2006, 6:47 PM
OK so I'm a little GRRRRR right now. I'm not one to let things get to me, I've been having an alright day, for the newest and one of the slowest stores in the market I'm doing pretty well.
Dude comes in YELLING on his phone - not mad just loud - his lady friend (I assume wife she knew his SSN) is telling him to get off the phone and is talking to me about getting him a plan and porting his number. Cool, a sale, I like that. I'm showing them the plans. They keep sidetracking on EVERYTHING I mention. OK cool, I know my stuff, lets talk about EVERY feature you've ever heard of. THEN dude keeps interrupting me mid sentence to ask about a phone. No problem, I know the phones alright too. You apparently didn't like that feature. Whatever. Asks m...
(continues)
axess_denied

Feb 11, 2006, 7:17 PM
Nokia 3595 is actually only 36-18 months old. I wouldn't quite consider that ancient, especially since it still is considered a "new" phone as the Nokia 6010 model (same exact innards, features, and software batch just a different face-plate.)It was changed due to a design flaw in the keypad (multiple numbers on one key.) The transfer cable is pretty simple too, you just put the connection into the battery seat. The little plunger on the transfer cable reads from the chipset while the rest of the piece powers the handset.

Anyway, people like this crack me up! I typically ask them to get off their phone before I even will begin having a conversation with them. "Hi, welcome to Wireless Store, I'll be happy to assist you once you've finished...
(continues)
ESmurf

Feb 11, 2006, 8:13 PM
OK so his old model may not itself be ancient but it did look like it was dug out from somewhere. I don't know how people can let their ANYTHING, especially their phones (being that it's in close contact w/ your face... the part of your body w/ the most holes therefore the most susceptible to taking in germs) get so filthy. I probably could have gotten the cable to work. I did have it put in correctly if I wasn't gettting so worked up at being rushed.
Like I said, I'm pretty quick. I don't get rushed often. More often I have people telling me to slow down. When I do get rushed it bothers me to THEN be slowed down. Make up your mind do you just want to take your phone and leave or do you want me to explain everything to you in one syllable w...
(continues)
Polvo de ajo

Feb 11, 2006, 7:23 PM
I got in trouble once because a customer kept interupting me when I was answering their questions, and I stopped talking to them. they asked me if I was going to answer them and I asked them if they were going to shut the hell up for 5 minutes and LET me answer.

haha, I don't work at that carrier anymore.
axess_denied

Feb 11, 2006, 7:27 PM
😢 Why aren't we allowed to ever say anything fun? It really isn't rude to ask people why they make it impossible to communicate with them, is it?
Polvo de ajo

Feb 11, 2006, 7:30 PM
lol, it is the way I do it.
axess_denied

Feb 11, 2006, 7:53 PM
🤣 See, I usually am able to insult most of my customers by using words they don't understand. That way I know it happened, anyone intelligent within earshot knows it happened, but idiot customer doesn't. That sh*t is the most fun.

Mine today went as follows:

Customer comes to us and starts telling us that our carrier is "a piece of sh*t" because they bought their phones through Sam's Club and are having a bad time with the equipment. They told us about the experience they had with the warranty exchange process. In their case they sent in a damaged phone and said they should not have been charge for it. The customer then began to tell me that "whoever put that charge down is a pece of sh*t!" (Apparently feces are on this guy'smind a...
(continues)
Polvo de ajo

Feb 11, 2006, 8:07 PM
beat this

we have a bill payment machine in our store for one of the companys we carry (we carry 4), being that I'm located in a mall other carriers (that we don't carry) send people to our bill payment machine to get their account info so they can do a port. when they do this the customer that they send over here asks me for my help getting his account information, and explains to me why he needs it (don't ask me why, people always feel the need to tell way more info than I need to know). I usually end up getting them a much better deal than they were origionally offered and they go with another of the service providers we carry.

after the people leave with their new phone (usually a free one) and new service plan they go back to t...
(continues)
ESmurf

Feb 11, 2006, 8:16 PM
Seriously, you're doing your job. Good for you! You're company must love you.
Maybe the other companies reps should just stop sending their customers right to you if they can't handle the competition.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 11, 2006, 8:31 PM
I have most of my trouble with this one kiosk right within eyeshot of my location, they're usually the ones sending customers to my location and calling and complaining when I sell them. but that's not the only problem we've had with them. they're constantly leaving their advertisement flyers AT our location (a sales rep will walk by our kiosk and leave them on the counter) or they'll stand outside our store and hand flyers out to customers who were walking into our store.

our mall strictly forbids this, but they do it anyways, and then get mad when I call security on them, or walk to their kiosk and straight up to them to tell them to stop leaving their flyers on our counters or I'll tell mall management about their lease violations. it'...
(continues)
ButtaKnife

Feb 11, 2006, 9:39 PM
They send their customers to you and expect you to help them make their sale? I'm...stunned...wow.

Good work! Let the idiots whine.
Vox Dei

Feb 13, 2006, 4:50 PM
Why haven't you called mall managment on them? Or if your not the manager of your store why hasn't your store manager done it? You'd think security would have talked to mall management. I'm sure your store pays alot more for it's lease than the kiosk so i'm sure it would stop really fast if the mall managment went to their store manager waiving the lease agreement. (paper waiving is always fun)
tequilasundae

Feb 13, 2006, 11:48 AM
i used to work for an indirect, that when we first launched, people with probls that visited the corp store, were told by the sales reps to return their phones to us..we later found out they were being resold the phones at the corporate store.. 👿
ESmurf

Feb 13, 2006, 12:33 PM
😲
Thats HORRIBLE!!! I'm so glad the two corp stores (or any w/ the same carrier for that matter) are each about 30 minutes away in opposite directions...
Ya, I get stuck w/ a lot of phone problems that I can't fix and a lot of things they really need to go to corp. to do so it's hard to tell them they have a drive ahead of them. But at least I don't have to deal with other companies swooping my sales.
tequilasundae

Feb 13, 2006, 1:03 PM
yeah we took care of that real quick..i no longer work there...
celesticatfl

Feb 13, 2006, 5:58 PM
Oh, I had a couple in my store like that. 5 mins to closing on top of it. Only along with the hundred questions and distractions game, they picked up every store model phone and interjected questions on pricing and then tried to open the related accessories to try them on the models! It was worse than having wild children in the store, and these were adults with totally NO BOUNDARIES! Oh and of cousrse they came up $500 deposit after they picked out their dream phones and all the accessories.
Insert Witty Name Here

Feb 13, 2006, 6:13 PM
What state are you in? Are you in Ga?
ESmurf

Feb 13, 2006, 9:26 PM
Nope, I'm in MN.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.