Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

got somebody good today

tequilasundae

Feb 9, 2006, 8:19 PM
was doing an insurance swap for a customer, while her child was running around the store playing w all the demos..i hear the classic "LOok Mommy" and turn around to see the kid grabbing the samsung a940 and rotating the top piece..(viewfinder)..mom says "great dear, it rotates"...so I said "no it doesn't!"
😳 the smiley there sums up the look on her face, then i told her i was just kidding!! 🤣 🤣 a customer said that wasn't very funny, but i smoothed it over, saying i could have gone on with the gag..saying that its a400 $ your kid broke...but she was nice... 🤣
xIsamuTM

Feb 10, 2006, 1:52 AM
right on! I'm gunna try something like that next time i catch a little urchin messing with the demo phones.
evilbstrd666

Feb 10, 2006, 12:23 PM
Ah, that one is good. But how about this one:

We have a computer set up for limited public use; often we have dumba**es that try to download/look at p0rn or play games incessantly at high volume.

So, to solve this, we have these remote switches - in our case, you plug your monitor into this device, which you plug into power. Then there is a remote with a on/off button on it.

Now, when a teenager wants to hit up our computer for some free p0rn, we just hit the power button after a random amount of time, and then they think they broke it! You can even go running over there, claiming that all the computers are down, accusing them of breaking it, and the problem is solved.

Damn kids.
KrazyJoe

Feb 10, 2006, 12:25 PM
That's awesome!

I used to work at Best Buy and we'd get kids playing with Rhapsody (the music software) usually playing some crap really loud. I'd just crawl under the display (they can't see the other side) and unplug the computer to get rid of them.
evilbstrd666

Feb 10, 2006, 12:28 PM
That sounds a little more satisfying - you get to yank the cord without them knowing... 😈
Vox Dei

Feb 10, 2006, 3:29 PM
Then yell at them for breaking it 😁
aemsafd

Feb 10, 2006, 12:25 PM
Awesome!
tequilasundae

Feb 10, 2006, 1:34 PM
i used to tend bar back in the 90s and we had the reject button to turn off an objectionable song and go on to the next track.,..i knew in a Nanosecond when "i would do anyting for love but i won't do that" came on, so for some reason it was never played on my watch 🤣 😈

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.