Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Wow .. he really got away with that?

nytshad

Feb 2, 2006, 9:59 PM
I just had to post a ridiculous event from my store today.

Apparently some random customer has been coming into the store for a past couple days, plugging his phone into the a charger intended for a cooresponding demo unit, and then LEAVING the store for an hour or two. Previously we had been unable to catch him on the way in or out, so one of the sales reps took his phone off the charger and hid it in the manager's office. When the guy came back asking if anyone had seen his phone, the biggest, scariest manager in the store took it out to him and started to explain the legal ramifications of his actions. Two words into his speech, the guy turned tail and ran from the store.

BUY A CHARGER, DUMB@SS
evilbstrd666

Feb 3, 2006, 12:50 PM
Ah, you should have just taken it. Free phone with free service paid for by some moron.

You could just tell the guy someone ran off with it before you could stop them.... 😈
kracing

Feb 3, 2006, 1:11 PM
Too funny! 🤣

I have had people come in and ask if they could charge their phone for a few min. while they go next door, or whatever.I always tell them no, but we do have chargers for sale. 🙄
tequilasundae

Feb 3, 2006, 2:15 PM
we had a guy at my last job buy a car charger for a Kyocera slider (virgin), then tried to return it after he charged his phone up..of course picked a day when a DM was here..we offered to send him a refund check , but he claimed to not be living anywhere...thru the cannabis haze he didn't read the return policy.. 🤣
MrBoo

Feb 6, 2006, 12:49 PM
I get that all the time...people coming in to charge their phones. There are a select few that we let do it (typically regular customers that we are friendly with) there was this one lady that would come in, walk past all of us not saying a word and go behind the desk to get to her phone. One time we took her phone off the charger, when she came in looking for it we told her we hadn't seen it. Then we mailed it to her with a little note telling her that we didnt appreciate what she was doing...haven't seen her since...
ButtaKnife

Feb 6, 2006, 2:31 PM
😳 That is AWESOME! 🤣

I hate when people abuse kindness. I might charge someone's phone for them for a bit if they're friendly but otherwise buy a charger you cheap punk.
Ex-BIGDOG

Feb 5, 2006, 3:56 PM
We posted a FEE on our FEE chart explaining that a phone charge is $5 for every 15 minutes. (We have a lot of punks thinking they can just do it whenever they want) Of course they say things like:
"That's ridiculous!"
'Not as ridiculous as you forgetting to
charger your phone, or not having a car
charger'
"Are you serious!"
'Totally, joking...it's actually $19.95!
And guess what you can charge your phone
from now on when ever you want and never
have to bother us again!'
"You guys charge for everything!"
'Well we wouldn't have to if customers like
youself would actually by a DAMN charger!'

GUESS WHAT...Posting a FEE on your counter works like a charm.
A) It's a sale for the store.
B) Most of the ...
(continues)
Insert Witty Name Here

Feb 3, 2006, 2:46 PM
We have customers that ask us to do that.

You know, actually what that dumbass did was pretty slick on his part - well, up until he was caught.
danielson

Feb 6, 2006, 1:49 PM
Charging people $5 for charging their phone isn't a bad idea! Maybe i should just park my car outside and put a giant sign on the back that says come charge your phone for only $5
CptFarlow

Feb 6, 2006, 2:15 PM
🤣
xIsamuTM

Feb 6, 2006, 2:01 PM
LOL, that's worthy of Junior Terrorism.
KrazyJoe

Feb 6, 2006, 3:26 PM
I used to get people trying that at Best Buy often. Why you'd leave your phone unattended in a place like Best Buy is beyond me, but whatever.

I'd always wait until they walked away and I'd unplug the charger. They'd come back an hour or so later and their phone gained no charge. Obviously they aren't going to say something about it cuz they know they're being shady.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.