Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Customer arogance

Wakkado

Feb 2, 2006, 5:33 PM
Just had a cust explain to me that alltel is going out of business. I was shocked, I havent heard anything about it so I asked them why they think that.

"Their customer service sucked when I tried to call them."

And in his head that means they will go out of business. Do people really think they are that important? I would be willing to bet no one would flinch once in alltel if he cancelled his service
sacdude

Feb 3, 2006, 3:49 AM
some customers are just idiots
evilbstrd666

Feb 3, 2006, 12:46 PM
Yeah, like the ones who threaten to have you fired. I like those.

"When you told me internet service was free for the first month, you didn't say ringers actually cost $2. You lied, and I'm going to call your boss / Better Buisness Burau / anyone else I can think of to complain to and have you fired!"

Yes, this is after the phone WARNS you THREE TIMES that the ringers cost $2 each!

Yes, I am sure I will be fired, especially since I am on the security system explaining this.... 😈
tequilasundae

Feb 3, 2006, 3:21 PM
i had one today too..guy shows up outside the front door@ 950 (we open @ 10)..lights are still down, i am counting my drawer within eyeshot of him, it doesn't take a mental giant to realize that it isn't quite time yet!..so at 954 then assclownicus decides to bang on the window!! 😳 which of course makes us want to open faster..NOT! 😈 I flash him the 10 fingers, indicating our opening time so when we finish loggin in we open the locks..and he stays there pouting, like we offended him somehow.."you aren't open for 2 more minutes yet!!" (ooh you got us there !!)
then he proceeds to bitch that we didn't let him in cause he was standing there..and that he should have his payment fee waived cause we "made him wait"...which of course g...
(continues)
Ex-BIGDOG

Feb 5, 2006, 3:45 PM
Well you know, all customers HATE us, afterall we are BILL collectors. 🤣
evilbstrd666

Feb 7, 2006, 8:51 PM
Yes, and they take it personally, like the lackey working behind the counter is pocketing the money he/she is paying us....
TheItalian

Feb 3, 2006, 3:30 PM
people come into my store all the time and let their chidren run wild while they're looking at dummy phones. it gets to the point where the children break things, and make a huge mess. my new favorite line is "sir, watch your children, this isn't a daycare center"

of course they get upset with me, but continue looking at dummy phones. then when I yell at the child for going behind the counter and playing with the cash register the parents get pissed.

I don't understand parents like these. I would love to beat them with a fire poker
Vox Dei

Feb 3, 2006, 3:54 PM
"I'm sorry sure but if you can't control your child i will have to ask you to leave my store"

Of course you may lose a sale every now and then...But it's up to you.
evilbstrd666

Feb 7, 2006, 8:52 PM
Well, sometimes it's a choice between a $5 sale and a $500 product / piece of equipment / display.....
Nikoletta

Feb 3, 2006, 5:03 PM
Hahah, I had one time when I was working at the book store and this woman had a three year old who was fussing to be picked up and she was ignoring him... now I knew her older son so I wasn't being totally weird but I scooped down and picked him up and settled him on my hip and carried him while she and I were discussing the books she was looking for and while I was looking them up on the computer and then handed him over when she was heading to the door. She just kinda stared at me for a minute when I first did it but she needed to have done it herself, her kid did not need to be standing there crying because he wanted held and she didn't want to be bothered. You make the kid, take care of 'em. He settled down right away when I picked hi...
(continues)
evilbstrd666

Feb 7, 2006, 8:54 PM
Apparently, attention, which costs only a little amount of time, was too expensive for her..... 🙂
vzwgal21

Feb 3, 2006, 7:02 PM
Sometimes I think we're running a daycare center for "adults" (I say "adults" because mature people would not act in this manner). Had one today who told me he would get his lawyer and would not pay his ETF's on 5 lines due to the fact that he "didn't read his contract" when he changed his price plan...who in this day in age doesn't read something they sign? duh He also told me I could bet on the fact that he wouldnt have to pay his ETFs...I had to restrain myself from saying "how much? I'm feeling lucky today and I need new tires?" 😳
evilbstrd666

Feb 7, 2006, 8:55 PM
And if he doesn't pay his ETF's.... Say it with me here:

"So long good credit history!"

That way, in three weeks when he changes his mind and repurchases equipment, he has to pay a deposit. 😈
vzwgal21

Feb 7, 2006, 9:59 PM
I have to seriously restrain myself from smirking when customers tell me they're going to call their lawyer and they won't have to pay their ETFs...man if I had a dime for every time I've heard that. hahaha I almost tell them...read your contract, we pretty much don't guarantee anything..it's so specific yet so vague...but i'm sure every company's is like that D**n it is difficult dealing with people with the IQ of yogurt 😛

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.