Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 25 replies

Why can't people listen, let alone think before they speak???

MeAndTheCapnMakeItHappen

Jan 28, 2006, 6:49 PM
I am starting to question the mentality of some of the people that approach me on a daily basis.

Customer: I need a car charger for my phone.

Me: OK I would be happy to help you. What brand is your phone?

Customer: It's a Verizon phone.

Me: Uh..OK but who makes your phone?

Customer: Well I know for a fact its a Verizon phone because it says it right on the phone!

(by now I am trying not to bust out laughing)

Me: Verizon sells the phone, but is manufactured by somebody else like LG, or Nokia. Do you know who makes yours?

Customer: I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand, I just need a charger for my !@#$ Verizon phone. You know what nevermind, you weren't much help!!

(Yeah you either!)

In t...
(continues)
crazyeaglefan236

Jan 28, 2006, 6:53 PM
yes yes yes! LOL

or better yet...

I am here to get a charger for my boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband/etc's phone.

Me: "what make of a phone is it?"

Customer: "Oh...its one of those flip phones."

BOY THAT JUST NARROWED IT DOWN!!! LOL
aemsafd

Jan 28, 2006, 6:55 PM
How about the old

"Well, you don't have it any more"

While they look at the current selection of phones.
crazyeaglefan236

Jan 28, 2006, 6:58 PM
LOL.

Or how about a credit check...

Social ssn? Customer, "I don't know" Driver license "I can't find it." Home address "You mean where I live?"
girltech33

Jan 29, 2006, 10:13 AM
My Favorite yet..

Customer calling in: I have one of those Verizon flip phones and its not working.

Me: Ok what is it doing/not doing?

Customer: Its just aint working!

Me: Ok maybe you should bring it in for me to take a look at it for you

Customer: you means you cant just fixed it over da phone? Just send a beems or something to make it work!

Me: Im sorry sir/ma'am thats not how it is done

Customer: Thats stupid (must be looking in a mirror) And its not very well customer service..VERIZON S***S!!

Thank you for calling in sir/ma'am have a nice day..AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
MeAndTheCapnMakeItHappen

Jan 30, 2006, 12:43 PM
LOL... 🤣 thats too funny!

What makes it even better is i know exactly how that conversation goes i just had that about 5 minutes ago myself too!

Maybe.... It was the same person??? Or are they all multiplying??

Can you beem it??? LOL

You know i would, but Scotty is on break right now and I can't justify using that kind of power on complete laziness!! 🤣
Nikoletta

Jan 30, 2006, 1:12 PM
You just made me laugh so hard I choked on my tea! Scotty's on break right now... oh dear. It's going to be a long day isn't it?
MeAndTheCapnMakeItHappen

Jan 30, 2006, 1:35 PM
You have NO idea! The hits just keep on coming for me today.

Not to mention i am alone for the whole day, so i am sure i will have many more for ya!

Maybe you shouldn't drink any more tea today just in case, wouldn't wanna be responsible for making you choke! 😉
ButtaKnife

Jan 30, 2006, 1:59 PM
Heh, our mall here is absolutely DEAD right now. I haven't even talked to anyone yet about service. The only people out here are the elderly people who walk the mall for exercise.

Ok scratch that. As I was typing this someone walked up and asked about service. After talking for about 30 seconds they decided they had already found better plans and left without giving me any time to figure out what they were even looking for. Great job shopping around morons. Good luck picking your cell phone plan if you don't know what you're getting. I don't even care really. They were disturbing my peace and quiet. 😁
MeAndTheCapnMakeItHappen

Jan 30, 2006, 2:12 PM
Yeah same here as far as being dead goes!

I LOVE those people! I have to listen to all of their crap about carrier X and ask them questions..... and then my turn to talk comes and they just take off!

Thanx for wasting 20 minutes of my life for you to vent for no reason!
Nikoletta

Jan 30, 2006, 1:11 PM
girltech33 said:

Customer: Thats stupid (must be looking in a mirror)

Ahahaha, that's the funniest thing I've seen all day.
longsleeves

Jan 28, 2006, 7:06 PM
so right luckily I don't have to deal with customers I just listen to calls
Nikoletta

Jan 30, 2006, 1:13 PM
I hate you. *nods sagely* (kidding!)
MeAndTheCapnMakeItHappen

Jan 28, 2006, 7:08 PM
Yup I have had that conversation "a few" times!

I also had a lady that came in and FREAKED OUT because her phone wasn't working and wanted a replacement that second!

She told me her story about how her phone died and then wouldn't take a charge. So i asked her if i could see the phone so i could try to get it to charge.

I maybe had it plugged in for like 5 seconds and it said "Charging Complete"

So my next idea was to see if it would turn on, and it turned on fine.

She was so happy I thought she was going to jump the counter and hump my leg!!

She asked me; "OMG what did you do, I mean how did you fix it?"

I replied (while trying to not laugh in her face!) I just turned it on ma'am!

Apparently when she hurried to plug ...
(continues)
crazyeaglefan236

Jan 28, 2006, 7:15 PM
I had a guy come in and was irate that our holster that we sold him was the wrong one and he had to make a trip back. He was being very abusive to one of my coworkers about this. I came out of the back office and into the showroom. I asked to see his phone and holster. I politely put the phone into the holster THE CORRECT WAY!!! and handed it back to him.
Don.Mike

Jan 28, 2006, 7:57 PM
i had a guy one time that came in and returned his phone because he tried calling us and we don't accept calls from blocked numbers. so instead of pressing *82 and calling he had to drive all the way back to my store (5 miles) and was very irrate and said he just wanted to return them. so i did. then he came back a week later and bought the same phones over again (i mean the same ones, i had just erased them and he got the exact ones he returned).
tequilasundae

Jan 30, 2006, 12:46 PM
had a lady come in who was screaming about her bill...its only sposed to be $29.99 a mon...this bill and my last one were $140 apiece..dis is BuLLsh>t..i be goin to anudder company...so while she is screamin i look her up...and kindly inform her that she is on a 200 minute plan, but she talked for 1083 mins!! 🤣 🤣
MeAndTheCapnMakeItHappen

Jan 30, 2006, 2:17 PM
What?? You mean you didn't use your magic wand and "just go ahead and waive that for me" I have been with you guys for "forever" i should be able to get whatever i want!

Since i have been inconvienced by this problem (which in their eyes is always our fault, YEAH like i MADE you talk that long right?) I should get the Razr for free or i will walk!

K BYE!
Whitehorse

Jan 29, 2006, 7:07 PM
I don't mind people who make mistakes, even the silly ones, AS LONG as they can laugh @ themselves & understand it's their mistake. Don't blame me for (your) stupid mistakes - I'll be glad to help you but not take the blame!!!
MeAndTheCapnMakeItHappen

Jan 30, 2006, 12:32 PM
Exactly!

Nobody's perfect, I know I'm not. When I do/say something stupid I can always get a good laugh out of it.

But... I also listen to what people are trying to tell me before i come back with an answer that doesn't even go with the question being asked. 🙂
Nikoletta

Jan 30, 2006, 1:16 PM
The sign in my kitchen says...

"Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves for we shall never cease to be amused."

It's a motto I try to carry with me... at this job it doesn't always work.
MeAndTheCapnMakeItHappen

Jan 30, 2006, 2:23 PM
Good Motto to live by, but sometimes it is SO hard to be amused at times.

Given all of the lurking i have done and read posts for the last few months before registering, it never ceases to amaze me about the things that happen to you on a daily basis!

🤣
Nikoletta

Jan 30, 2006, 12:46 PM
Better than just naming the Carrier, now if you can get the carrier you'll be halfway there... What color is it? hmm, k, does it have an antenna sticking out of the top? Does that antenna pull out or not?

I'm sure some of these are far to difficult questions but that's generally what I do, then I can punch it into Phone Scoop's Phone Finder in Advanced mode and find what it could be.
MeAndTheCapnMakeItHappen

Jan 30, 2006, 12:56 PM
Yeah normally i would do that.

But this lady had NO idea what her phone looked like. The only thing she did know for sure was that it was a Verizon phone.

Its kinda like going to a car dealership and buying a car. When you need service or whatever, you say its a ford, chevy, dodge, etc.

Instead of: "Its a Bob's House of Used car!"

🤣
sacdude

Jan 31, 2006, 4:49 AM
niki how are you
Ethel

Jan 28, 2006, 11:21 PM
😁 😉

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.