Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

my first rant and rave

The Lost Ramone

Jan 24, 2006, 8:43 PM
I'm Justin BTW, the new guy to PS and Cingy.

well, in our slow little store, not much happens, but this guy sent me for a loop.

right when he pulls up in his beat up volvo that sounds like it will soon expire, i had a bad feeling. Home boy is wearing overalls and is in his 50's... sweet.

after the common intro and attempts at selling i start losing my sales approach, simply because he is one of those nay-saying customers. everything you tell him, he has a "friend" (i use this term loosely, he probably has no friends) who had X problems with the same phone/service.

well, i try explaining to him the meaning of "no roaming" in the midst of my shpiel, he begins yelling "HELLO!" and leaning closer to me. i mistook this for excitement...
(continues)
ki0sk

Jan 24, 2006, 8:52 PM
yes, a lot of anger and disgust towards those evil drones comes along with these customer service/sales jobs. just take it in stride and don't let it get to you.
i worked as a video store clerk back in the days and i'd get countless idiots who ask "how do you get a membership here"...and there it was right behind me in big bold writing,"membership requirements".
of course it's not the same line of work, but generally the customers are the same...idiots
The Lost Ramone

Jan 24, 2006, 8:55 PM
I'm used to it, i can maintain a professional demeanor the whole time the customer is here.then i go in the back, and immtiate them and vent haha.

the only people i've yelled at are my fellow employees. and i'm getting ready to yell at the girl i work with tomorrow, i can't take it anymore 👿
longsleeves

Jan 24, 2006, 9:03 PM
Maybe he'll call care tonight and get me I'm taking care calls for Blue right now it could be fun
Nikoletta

Jan 24, 2006, 9:03 PM
Ahh see you've missed one very important point that a customer knows and we pretend we don't. Everybody in this business is a liar. We do is maliciously because we really like making people mad. We want to rip them off and steal their money and spring nasty charges on them because we hate them. It's that simple. Take me for exampled. I make stuff up all day, I tell customers them they will be getting a Black RAZR for free then I send them the Magenta and charge them $250 for it. I also LOVE telling people I will waive their activation because they are special and then charging them for it and telling them they will get free unlimited calling for ten bucks a month and then they get overage charges and are pissed. It's funny!
longsleeves

Jan 24, 2006, 9:07 PM
you should tell them text messaging and internet is free forever!
The Lost Ramone

Jan 24, 2006, 9:14 PM
my absolute favorite is blue customers migrating, and yelling at me because they can't keep their "unlimited everything" for 15 dollars a month.

and they also get mad they can't buy an AT&T phone anymore. i had a guy bring in what i think was the FIRST nokia, and it had a talk time of about 2 minutes. he left the store when i told him we can't give him a new phone for AT&T. i guess the good thing is he will never get passed the IVR to complain about me 😛
longsleeves

Jan 24, 2006, 9:34 PM
Well for some reason we are still selling phones in BLue care and even signing up new customers, even had one customer reverse migrate back to TDMA come one they're never gonna be satisfied this way if they think they can keep everything. The best plan I've seen is $29.99 national 600 mins free nights at 7pm and mobile to mobile unlimted sign me up with AT&T
The Lost Ramone

Jan 24, 2006, 9:40 PM
roaming?
longsleeves

Jan 24, 2006, 9:44 PM
nope it was a national plan no roaming or ld sweet for that price plus they had a FAN discount
The Lost Ramone

Jan 24, 2006, 9:46 PM
nice. when you guys cell phones, are they refurbs? or old phones you still have some of? or new phones all together?
longsleeves

Jan 24, 2006, 9:47 PM
alot of refurbs and new candybar Nokias that we still have in stock and a bunch of blackberrys and Treos that haven't sold yet but once they're gone everyone is out of luck.
The Lost Ramone

Jan 24, 2006, 9:49 PM
any estimate as to when you'll be out of phones?

man, i'm kinda pissed. Cingy wants everyone to switch eventually, and it seems AT&T (whatever that may be) is trying to counter that.
longsleeves

Jan 24, 2006, 9:55 PM
not a clue and we only sell if they threaten to cancel or leave we've got to run out soon of course we also sell them unlocked v551's so your guess is as good as mine.
The Lost Ramone

Jan 24, 2006, 9:11 PM
I love doing that! my favorite is when "I" am the one who sold them the RAZR 8 months ago, and never told them that it was going on sale. but i never fix it because i'm a jerk off who scams people.

oh, and i also make people go over minutes, and charge activation fees when i activate phones. it's insane, i know.
sacdude

Jan 24, 2006, 11:46 PM
wow niki , are you allowed to get it away with it, and yes stick it to the idiot customers
xIsamuTM

Jan 24, 2006, 10:00 PM
eh, i give this a 4/10. A "rant" should be a good long opinionated assult on a particular topic. Good first attempt, good topic though. Work on them, and I'm sure your rants will equal mine, systems, or even Mr. Dennis Miller himself.

of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
longsleeves

Jan 24, 2006, 10:01 PM
I give it a 6/10 I think in the near future he could be one of the great ones but it will take pratice and dedication.
The Lost Ramone

Jan 24, 2006, 10:06 PM
with my affinity for ID 10 T errors, i am sure i will have lots of good stories in the future. but as i am clocking out, i will leave you with this nugget.

i just so happened to be visiting my friend Kevin at Petsmart, where he cashiers. a woman is standing there, and looking through the window into the grooming section.

when she says: "ooh look, a yorkie! and there's 2 of them! (pause) oh wait... that's a mirror"

he has also had a gentleman ask him to pet the fish... he wasn't joking. 😳
longsleeves

Jan 24, 2006, 10:07 PM
I pet my fish it's fun! it's all slimey and they hate it. Well I must leave as well goodnight
sacdude

Jan 24, 2006, 11:45 PM
how funny . good post

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.