Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

"This card is Non-Refundable"

aemsafd

Jan 21, 2006, 2:27 PM
Just had a customer try to argue with me that they were entitled to a refund. *They* were the one who pointed this out to me, then told me that that was stupid and they deserved their money back.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 21, 2006, 3:13 PM
I'm going to need more details. Exactly, why should they receive a refund? What happened?
aemsafd

Jan 21, 2006, 3:18 PM
They bought a prepaid service that specifically says "THIS CARD IS NON-REFUNDABLE" on it, and because they didn't use it, feel they should get their money back.
cabreras23

Jan 21, 2006, 3:21 PM
I'm suprised our hillbilly customers haven't tried that one yet.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 21, 2006, 3:23 PM
On your prepaid cards, do they have to scratch off the numbers or is the code printed out on a reciept?
aemsafd

Jan 21, 2006, 3:32 PM
This was a scratch card.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 21, 2006, 3:48 PM
Did they scratch it?
aemsafd

Jan 21, 2006, 4:04 PM
No. But my system doesn't allow refunds at all. We can void a non-debit transaction within thirty minutes, but that's about it. That's why the cards say "THIS CARD IS NON-REFUNDABLE" on them. If you have any questions, please refer to the card.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 21, 2006, 4:20 PM
Ours say that too but if the customer didn't scratch the card and it's within a matter of an hour, I would refund it but my system allows me to do that.

If it's the next day or week, I wouldn't do it and if the card is scratched, well, the customer is sol. I don't care if they declare that they didn't actually use the code and they have me call customer service to verify the code wasn't actually used. No. For all I know, they could have scratched it, wrote down the code and then after I verify the code is actually valid and I refund money, they go to their car and immediately use the code.

There are a lot of shady, shady people out there.
aemsafd

Jan 21, 2006, 4:28 PM
It was also purchased prior to Christmas.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 21, 2006, 4:35 PM
Good grief. It took me this long to make it back to your store. 😕
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 21, 2006, 4:36 PM
Them. Them. I meant them. I don't know what's wrong with me today on my typing. ☚ī¸
UOQuack

Jan 24, 2006, 10:21 AM
Funny story here.. Christmas of '04, a customer comes into the store, says he wants "a $100 card". I ask him if he means one of our prepaid cards for $100, and he says yeah I guess that's it. Apparently it's going to be a gift for his son. So I, seeing a nice little 10% commission, happily sell him the prepaid card, and off he goes, humming his sappy Christmas carols.

A couple days later, same guy comes into my store, bearing in hand the same $100 prepaid card and his cute little receipt we gave him. He says to me "you sold me the wrong thing. I wanted a gift card that my son could use to buy Cingular stuff". I says to him, "sir, I specifically asked you if you wanted a prepaid card, and you said that's what you wanted. We dont se...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.