Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

ok i got to know

cdmamotohead

Jun 7, 2004, 7:31 PM
tech support at call centers, how much training do they have to have with phones.

now don't get bent out of shape because there are great tech support folks out there, but usually when i call i ended up telling the tech what to do. the only reason i have to call is that they have access to computer software that i don't to get things accomplished. most of the time it seems they are reading a manual.
shiroitora

Jun 7, 2004, 8:24 PM
It depends on the company. I work for T-Mobile and we got 10 weeks total initial training (this includes basic billing stuff as well) plus ongoing training on new devices, services etc. We have devices available to us to play with basically whenever we want. For us, it depends on the rep as to how familiar they're going to be with the handset. Some reps are more interested than others so some reps will know more than others. When the new phones come out, we don't usually get to see them until after they're out and we've received our models. The only exception to this is data devices which we will usually get trained on prior to launch.
I work with several people who worked for Sprint a while back and they didn't get much handset training at...
(continues)
VZWCustServ

Jun 7, 2004, 8:58 PM
I'm in cust service but I suspect that, as always, Techs can know as little or as much as they want. If a rep in vzw chooses to get by just doing the minimum and pulling in a check each month, they probably don't know very much. I try to be on top of everything so I probably know more about the phones than some Tech's that don't care. I doubt I know even half as much as Techs that do care, because they have different resources.

"Transfer me to a supervisor, I want to talk to someone who knows what they are talking about!"

"Uh, so which is it you want sir? The supervisor or the person who knows what they're talking about?"
theDMan

Jun 7, 2004, 11:08 PM
I work for AWS and our tech is mainly focused on network and system issues. They maintain a working knowledge of the phones but really CC has a wonderful database that allows them to go step by step thru pretty much everything tech will take them through. Most of our tech's wont go a long ways out of the way for equipment troubleshooting as it is CC's job and they are usually extremely busy. Network or system issues are a whole other ball game, I have had many a tech spend over an hour with me getting a system issue resolved.
Athena

Jun 13, 2004, 11:54 PM
"Transfer me to a supervisor, I want to talk to someone who knows what they are talking about!"

"Uh, so which is it you want sir? The supervisor or the person who knows what they're talking about?"

Hahaha.. That's funny. I may have to try that the next I get someone asking for a supervisor claiming that the sups know more..

It's so true though, So true.
CptWireless

Oct 10, 2006, 9:59 AM
This one's for Whodey!
frankiewawa

Oct 10, 2006, 9:59 AM
hahaha YES, thats what im talkin about! 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.