Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 25 replies

Question of the Day!!

brentgodwin

Dec 22, 2005, 6:38 PM
You know how well our customers are at being informed on cell phones.

Guy is here doing possibly 2 new lines of service. He had to ask "What is the colored screen for?" after he picks up a LG 3200....

WTF?!?!?

Must be the holiday season.......
pete1660

Dec 22, 2005, 6:48 PM
I blame drugs. Not enough people are using them. 😈
CptFarlow

Dec 22, 2005, 7:01 PM
True, true. Yeah they are all busy "waging the battle" against them. As if they are going anywhere. 🙄 🤣 🤭
pete1660

Dec 22, 2005, 7:19 PM
My favorite are the anti-pot commercials that are followed up with a beer commercial. WTF? Better yet, any presciption medication commercials. Don't buy illegal drugs kids, but make sure you ask mommy and daddy about leptoprin. This world is falling apart and everyone's heads are up their asses.
Nikoletta

Dec 22, 2005, 7:28 PM
especially the beer commercials. "Pot will mess you up but alcohol is fine!"
pete1660

Dec 22, 2005, 8:07 PM
Exactly. They just keepin everybody down. Don't get high kids, but feel free to get drunk.
CptFarlow

Dec 22, 2005, 7:45 PM
So true.

I laugh when I see the anti-pot commercials. Like the one where it shows the little girl going into the pool unsupervised, then blaming it on pot. Isn't there any personal responsibility?

Or one that I heard on the radio. It was a girl getting ready for the prom, and her boyfriend never shows up, because he is too busy smoking pot. 🤣

I have seriously thought about being a politician, thinking I might be able to make a different in the legalization of all drugs. But I wouldn't even know where to start... 🙄

That and the fact that I don't like politicians...always playing political football...
Vox Dei

Dec 22, 2005, 8:00 PM
The prom one is the girls own fault for dating a dumbass not for dating a pot head 😛
pete1660

Dec 22, 2005, 8:09 PM
All of them are stupid. They showed a commercial where a kid is explaining how he killed his brother in a car accident while he was high. Don't do drugs. Hey! Where's the statistics on that one? How many accidents are from booze? I'm guessing a lot more than weed. Maybe dope should be legal and alcohol shouldn't. No wait, that's just crazy talk.
Vox Dei

Dec 22, 2005, 9:50 PM
take this to the canadian forum...For some reason thats were everyone talks about pot...I guess there is nothing else for us Canucks to do.
pete1660

Dec 22, 2005, 9:57 PM
You can play hockey!!!!!!!!!
CptFarlow

Dec 23, 2005, 3:26 PM
Yeah. One kid died from pot! Don't smoke it!

But it's okay to drink alcohol as long as you are 21, because that is when you become responsible. Oh, and, let's ignore the fact that alcohol kills more than all other drugs combined. 🙄
djdelay

Dec 23, 2005, 3:38 PM
no one ever OD'd on pot.....people have had accidents b/c of impaired judgement b/c of pot....but those people were usually drunk too.....natural selection, I'd say
celesticatfl

Dec 23, 2005, 6:50 PM
Exactly! Where's your tag? Slow Cheetah theory I say. You never see a slow Cheetah in the wild do you? Why can't natural selection work the way it's supposed to? I say legalize the drugs, let the Govn't collect their "luxury taxes', stiffen the laws for unresponsible use and let it go from there. No one is shoving these things down people's throats, they do it to themselves!
Shelle
DarkStar

Dec 23, 2005, 6:55 PM
I just love how you make a blanket statement like that but have no way to back it up. Who would enforce these laws? Who would make them up? Natural selection doesn't work on humans. We are as far in our evolution as we can get. People on these drugs will harm innocent people. I don't know if you want that on your conscience.
celesticatfl

Dec 23, 2005, 7:04 PM
THe Netherlands has laws that relate to use and abuse of drugs that are legal there Like POT and some injectable drugs as well. The laws for use are stiffer if you break them. The user is held responsible for their choice to use. My point about the natural selection is that Humans have played God for so long, in good ways and bad mind you, that medical advances have actually enabled things to continue that would not have been if natural selection was let to run it's course. Now notice I did say for "good and bad". But the whole responsibility thing is sorely lacking when folks sue for things resulting from their own choices and actions. ie smoking/cancer, hot coffee/burns,etc. There are valid points on both sides, but it has all gotten so r...
(continues)
CptFarlow

Dec 23, 2005, 7:53 PM
Drugs need to be legalized. We are hurting ourselves by prohibiting them. We create a product that people can make a HUGE profit on. We create the drug cartels. We create the drug dealers...then incarcerate them. 🙄

If drugs were legalized, sure, people would do more of them. Especially with this generation growing up, many more people are realizing that pot is not the demon many make it out to be. People would do many more drugs, but that is expected. Things sometimes have to get worse before they get better.

Over time, people would realize what is good for them and what isn't. While there will still be people addicted to the harder drugs, they will be more open to seek help, without fear of being arrested, or looked down ...
(continues)
timslo

Dec 24, 2005, 2:57 PM
DarkStar said:
I just love how you make a blanket statement like that but have no way to back it up. Who would enforce these laws? Who would make them up? Natural selection doesn't work on humans. We are as far in our evolution as we can get. People on these drugs will harm innocent people. I don't know if you want that on your conscience.

The fact is that there would be no laws to enforce. So the police could actually try and catch "real" criminals who murder and steal. Bill Hicks said it best, "It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom." The system used in some European countries like The Netherlands, Sweden, and others invoke a sense of how drugs can really mess you up. They have clinics w...
(continues)
CptFarlow

Dec 24, 2005, 3:32 PM
I love Bill Hicks. Too bad he died. He was totally right when he said that not only should pot be legalized, it should be mandatory.

People are going to do them anyway, so why is there any reason we shouldn't teach them to alter their mind responsibly?

Just like sex. Bush seems to think that if we teach them to not do it, they won't. Well maybe that worked a bit, because more kids are having oral sex. In Texas they teach abstinence only sex-ed classes, now Texas has one of the highest teen pregnancy ratings in the US. Masturbation is also looked down upon in many religions, especially Christianity. It's something that we should be pushing for people to do. You can't give yourself a disease, or get yourself pregnant.

Of course there ...
(continues)
djdelay

Dec 23, 2005, 3:17 PM
it's her fault for not skipping prom with him to light up
Vox Dei

Dec 23, 2005, 6:42 PM
Nonono. He waits till after the prom does his dance thing then takes her back to the pad and lights up. Not only does he get high but he get's laid too.
CptFarlow

Dec 23, 2005, 7:54 PM
I got did it before prom, and afterwards. Then had sex in a car. Then I slept at a gas station, in my car. Ah, good times... 🙂
Vox Dei

Dec 23, 2005, 10:45 PM
WOW. I went to the prom, went back to her place with a few friends lit up and kicked everyone else out and then got some.
Buffo

Dec 23, 2005, 3:07 PM
In call centers in Argentina the average employee is sexually amibiguous and goes to the t-room because he needs his fix.

we are sooo 80s
Insert Witty Name Here

Dec 24, 2005, 3:08 PM
I've heard that question too but for 2 lines of service, I will deal with any stupid question/comment/asshat.
cabreras23

Dec 26, 2005, 11:59 AM
Our customers like to ask...What exactly is colored?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.