Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

I told you Managment was thick

Nikoletta

Dec 8, 2005, 1:12 PM
Our E-mail system was down, most of us were very aware of it, when it came back up we found this little tid-bit waiting for us. Apparently a manager had sent this out from his Blackberry to the rest of us during the outage.

"Fyi team this is for the email issue we are having….IT is aware of it and has declared an outage"

He sent that out as an email being fully aware of the fact that our email system was down, telling us that the system was down. What The Hell?
djdelay

Dec 8, 2005, 1:14 PM
wow.......

that's all I can say......

wow.......
djdelay

Dec 8, 2005, 2:10 PM
I've got one more response......

djdelay stands up while slowly clapping......
the clap begins to speed up......
suddenly clap bursts into uproarious applause......
longsleeves

Dec 8, 2005, 1:15 PM
You should reply to his e-mail thanking him for his great managment skills and quick thinking in such a crisis
Caeser

Dec 8, 2005, 1:39 PM
You should e-mail him back telling him thanks for the heads up. Also tell him that you think the system is back up and running again, and to let you know if it ever shuts down again.
ralph_on_me

Dec 8, 2005, 1:52 PM
Caeser said:
You should e-mail him back telling him thanks for the heads up. Also tell him that you think the system is back up and running again, and to let you know if it ever shuts down again.

I agree!
dca

Dec 8, 2005, 1:49 PM
...sharp as a marble...
longsleeves

Dec 8, 2005, 2:02 PM
I've cut myself on a marble..it hurt
UOQuack

Dec 9, 2005, 10:17 AM
Niki, you really need to read Dilbert. And you need to go to www.dilbert.com and submit your stories to the web site, cause he creates a sort of newsletter that has stories of idiot bosses. You'll find that, sadly, you are not alone.
CptFarlow

Dec 9, 2005, 10:37 AM
I love Dilbert. That and Calvin and Hobbes are my favorite comics... 🙂
djdelay

Dec 9, 2005, 12:24 PM
Calvin and Hobbes was the absolute best of all time......I still read the books.

If you want a really good one about teenagers, read Zits......it really is like they had someone recording random moments in my life.
longsleeves

Dec 9, 2005, 12:26 PM
Ah man I was so sad when Calvin and Hobbes ended I remember them walking off....it's too sad
Nikoletta

Dec 9, 2005, 1:09 PM
My mom always thought they were recording my brother. Fox Trot actually hits my family pretty well on the head too. Those books live in my bathroom.
CptFarlow

Dec 9, 2005, 1:18 PM
Yeah I like that one, too. Reminds me a lot about myself when I was a teenager.
Nikoletta

Dec 9, 2005, 1:08 PM
I do read Dilbert, I have a Dilbert book on my stand that people borrow all the time and the page-a-day calender with my favorites posted around my pod.
urg

Dec 9, 2005, 1:17 PM
Our manager is just as dense! I call him King of the Obvious. He always tells us stuff to do at least 3 hours after it's done. He doesn't know half the things any other manager I know happens to do/know. He acts like a 3 year old having a fit & thinks it's funny when he does this when you're talking to him because he won't listen to anything that's not his idea or belief. He's the master of thick!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.