Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Too much scum, you think we could control it.

axess_denied

Dec 1, 2005, 8:20 PM
I am completely apathetic to those individuals that steal material things from people. If you have a mitigating circumstance such as: you are a disaster victim or homeless and you are stealing food and toilet paper, then you are excluded from the lot of scum that scour the Earth looking to take things that other people have worked hard to acquire.

Tonight some little punk-ass baby "thug" decided to steal a phone from our kiosk. It would be one thing if the phone he took belonged to the store (most inventory is insured.) Unfortunately, the phone that was stolen actually belonged to my co-worker, who at the time turned around to get the thief a charger. By the time he turned around to hand the individual the charger, the thief and the phone...
(continues)
everman

Dec 1, 2005, 8:22 PM
I have actually been kicked out of Union Station for wearing a red bandana on my hat. I heard about Nelly getting kicked out too, and I thought that was hilarious.
longsleeves

Dec 1, 2005, 8:26 PM
I need to start wearing a hat or dew rag seeing as how for some odd reason I've lost my hair in the past 3 years
axess_denied

Dec 1, 2005, 8:57 PM
I've also been kicked out for wearing a hat at Union Station. They are bunch of Nazis. FU-CKY-OU Union Station.
Nikoletta

Dec 1, 2005, 8:35 PM
It is pretty pathetic too when you have to basically hide your own personal phone to keep people from stealing it. Hopefully the little asshat (yes I used that term on purpose if you catch the pun) will be caught.

We recently had a similar theft occur at our call center. An employee had ordered in a nice electronic device for her son for Christmas. Because she was going to be out of town for some company work she had it delivered here (not wanting her son to find out what she was purchasing for him.) It was left for a whole five minutes at the front desk and somebody stole it. Not only did somebody steal it but it had to have been somebody from inside the center since the doors are key-carded. She is a really sweet person, the one w...
(continues)
everman

Dec 1, 2005, 8:37 PM
Niki, I think I love you.
longsleeves

Dec 1, 2005, 8:38 PM
That happened to me at my call center. I won a camcorder a really nice one 300+ and I signed for it and they put it in one of the managers cubicle so I could retrieve it after work guess what yep someone stole it from the cubicle. Also a co-worker left her purse with one of the managers and he put it in his office sure enough someone stole that too.
Nikoletta

Dec 1, 2005, 9:01 PM
We generally don't have a lot of theft around here, which surprises me. I can leave my purse and phone lying on my desk all day and it never walks off, but then my desk is right next to the supervisor's desk and she knows who should and shouldn't be getting into my desk during the day. I leave my scarves and stuff around too but then I really don't think anybody would steal those and if they did they must need them very very badly so I guess they can just have him, I'd only ask that they take the ones made out of the homespun yarn since that's much less expensive than they other stuff I like to play with.
Caeser

Dec 1, 2005, 8:43 PM
I had a co-worker steal the battery off of my phone while at work. I confronted him about it (wasn't hard to figure out who it was since there were only four of us working) and of course he denied it. Wanted to hit him right there in the middle of the store. Insted I walked into the VZW direct store right next door. I knew everyone that worked there, so I just just asked a friend if they had any spares.
axess_denied

Dec 1, 2005, 8:48 PM
G'damn Nikoletta, how do you really feel? Obviously the **** that stole that gift has something coming to them. Karma is a b-i-t-c-h, just keep them in your not-so-nice holida thoughts.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.