Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

unlocking phones

cellnuts

Nov 20, 2005, 12:42 PM
i needed a motorola phone unlocked the other day so i could activate it for a customer and i heard that you can get online to get the unlocking codes for theses phones. does each phone have a different unlocking code?

and does anyone have a website that i can go to get the codes?
CptFarlow

Nov 20, 2005, 12:45 PM
When in doubt, Google it. If that fails, resort to Yahoo!
alejandro

Nov 20, 2005, 12:50 PM
carriers randomize the lock code when they get them, our phones do not get randomized until a roaming list update is performed. when i walk into a best buy i program every phone when they are not looking, what is wrong with 00000?
cellnuts

Nov 20, 2005, 1:17 PM
im not talking about the lock codes, im talking about the subsidary code that the phone askes for when you put another carriers sim card in it to make it acept the sim
petenick

Nov 20, 2005, 1:24 PM
Nokia codes are very easy to acquire. Do a search on howardforums.com and you may be directed to the site or even the code generating program itself.
Motorola phones generally need a cable and the right program to unlock them. There are many unlocking services available on ebay and other sites.
alejandro

Nov 20, 2005, 2:31 PM
that is what i am talking about as well, but i do not know anything about any kind of sim card.
alejandro

Nov 20, 2005, 2:32 PM
i have only messed with other cdma phones.
Cigee

Nov 20, 2005, 4:18 PM
Ok sim cards come with GSM phones. This thread has nothing to do with CDMA phones. To the person looking for lock codes, just go to google as was mentioned before and type in motorola phones unlock codes. You should be able to purchase some of them without a cable with a credit card.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.