Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

ever have this happen?

petenick

Nov 14, 2005, 12:34 PM
A woman comes up with an old old nokia that won't hold a charge anymore. I tell her she may be better off getting a new phone. she refuses says she hates our company and is cancelling. Then she asks to use our phone to call her daughter long distance(!) since she cant use her cell. I decline and say no, we will be charged for it. Then she asks to use my personal cell phone! I have a local plan, NO long distance(I dont travel at all). Plus, i just bought a RAZR and can't get insurance on it. No way is she using it! After arguing over why I wont let her use it for a few minutes I directed her to the pay phones and bid her good day. Anyone else have similar experiences?
Fenix1003

Nov 14, 2005, 12:50 PM
no, who do u have ur RZAR with? as far as i know cing and Tmob let u put ins on the RAZR
computerking

Nov 14, 2005, 1:05 PM
Hehe. I had a older guy come in a couple weeks ago, he had a Nokia 5100 series phone, that he had for about 5 years ago now. I broke the #1 key off the keypad. We havent had parts for this phone in many years. His contract has been up since 2002. I sugest a better route of just renewing his contract and getting a brand new nokia 6019i for free after rebate (a whole $30 upfront). He refuses, he said that since he had phone he should not havta sign a new contract and we should fix his phone since he had been a customer for so long. I explained the phones only come with a one year warrenty. I also explained the advatages to getting a new phone TDMA-CDMA1x for better reception, also the E911 feature and so on. He just kept repeating we ...
(continues)
danclang

Nov 16, 2005, 10:18 AM
Had a customer trying to return a loaner phone. She said she had signed for it in a different store. But decided to return her since it's closer to her home. Advise since she signed the paperwork there, she'll have to return it there. Next word out of her mouth was "How is your company going to compensate me for driving all the way out there? Can't you just ship it to them? YOU are the same company right? I only did it there because I was in that neighborhood."
🙄
lefteyeiu2006

Nov 16, 2005, 11:55 AM
I would say, "Here is how we will compensate you: here is a brand new piece of paper, enjoy it on the house!" And if she bitched I would add: "Oh, and here is a complimentary pen to go with your sheet of paper. Maybe you can make a sign to hitch-hike to the other store."
alejandro

Nov 16, 2005, 12:19 PM
i never get that compensation for driving thing, but if someone gets a really crappy loaner (insurance loaner) or a temporary phone until they can buy another one sometimes people just want to buy the crappy 2 year old loaner..... But it is really funny when people want to buy a battery for their 5 year old phone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.