Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

I can't take it anymore.

Nikoletta

Nov 7, 2005, 6:30 PM
I've been on the phone all day, I'm working on a special project for the company (yet again) and I am a vegetarian (This is relevant.) When I agreed to the project I asked my boss to make sure she told the rest of them that fact, that I do not and can not eat meat (makes me very much ill and nobody will willingly sit in the same building as me after I eat it so I just don't.) because they are going to provide our meals for the project. She said she'd mention it. Either she didn't, or they just didn't listen/don't care. Our lunch today was comprised of two large trays of sandwich meat rolls, two giant tubs of potato salad and macaroni salad, a veggie tray and a tray which held a combination of cheese cubes and grapes. Now seeing how me e...
(continues)
Caeser

Nov 7, 2005, 6:53 PM
Colorado huh... If they'd like to talk to someone in Colorado then send them my way. 😁
I'd be more than happy to sellthem a phone. 😛

And it sounds like you might want to start bringing your own lunch 😳
ralph_on_me

Nov 7, 2005, 6:55 PM
I think we work for different companies, but for a moment I was worried you had taken the call I from a man I pawned off on customer service.

He's been calling me all day to try and acess his call log on a Nokia phone, and all I can tell him is "press the menu button, then the down key, then select." I work in a store and I've spent over an hour on the phone with him collectively today. On the last call I told him I had a store full of people and had to get off the phone with him to call in for another customers issue (true story). So, whomever gets to "help" this man, I'm sorry I had to send him to CS. I feel bad, but I'm at my wits end for that.

I was a vegetarian for five years Nikoletta, so I know how you feel. It took me over...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Nov 7, 2005, 7:44 PM
I can eat meat, it's just bad for everybody in the building with me.
Vox Dei

Nov 8, 2005, 5:01 PM
You know how you said you were on the faster queue. Well your not really. Your just on the Queue where the IVR says "If your an idiot press one and we will transfer you to niki" There's just alot of them 😁
christmaswhistler

Nov 8, 2005, 6:56 PM
🙂 I am not a vegetarian because I don't like meat. I am a vegetarian because i HATE vegetables 😈
Nikoletta

Nov 9, 2005, 4:51 PM
So I've pointed out, multiple times, that whole no-meat-for-me thing. Today's scrumptious lunch? Pizza. Fine, Vegetarian pizza is fine, I can pick the green peppers off (I don't like them.) and go for that but what do they do? Oh you can choose from "Meat Lovers" "Supreme (with 4 different types of meat!)" "Pepperoni" "Sausage" "Hawaiian (Canadian Bacon and pineapple)" or the three meat combo with Pepperoni, Sausage, and Bacon. My options? Pick one of the meat-monstrosities and eat it and get sick (hell I don't feel good anyways) or pick one of the meat-monstrosities and spend the next hour picking off the toppings so I can eat a piece of cardboard-like crust and sauce with a spattering of cheese (because most of the cheese was firmly at...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Nov 9, 2005, 4:54 PM
Even if you pick off the meat it will still make you sick from the oils that came off the meat. You may not be AS ill, but it'll wreck you.

I say grab all the food when it gets there and throw it in the trash, then say, "If I'm not eating then neither are any of you!"
Nikoletta

Nov 9, 2005, 4:56 PM
Yesterday it was a big thing of chicken, coleslaw, and rolls. At least the coleslaw was good (see how that was my lunch) but the sheer mass of chicken smelled horrible, meat poisoning for me just by the fumes (ugh!) so I had to dig up my slaw while holding my breath.
aloha

Nov 9, 2005, 5:03 PM
So you know this is going to be a problem, you have seen the pattern for a few days and you still don't pack a lunch? I don't get it. I would rather bring a lunch I know I would like than to complain for days.
Nikoletta

Nov 9, 2005, 5:08 PM
I guess I keep hoping they'll have some consideration. I've talked to the gal in charge (different person that the last person I talked to, we have lots of bosses) and she swears they will make sure there is something I can stomach tomorrow. I've almost asked what they plan so I can know what to pack tomorrow. I shouldn't have to pack a lunch though, that's part of the deal, they nerf my lunch hour down to a half hour and I don't get mad about it, and they feed us. If they aren't going to give me lunch like the rest of the group, I am not going to work that extra half hour.
aloha

Nov 9, 2005, 5:15 PM
I see your point. I'm not suggesting you let them run over you but sometimes I do things that make my life easier even if I don't think they are right.
For example I would take a lunch and know that I will have something to eat that I like. I would rather walk in "guns blazing" so to speak and demand that they address the problem and give me a decent lunch. Is it worth the stress, arguments, and rise in blood pressure, I think not so I move on.
ralph_on_me

Nov 9, 2005, 5:46 PM
I would rather have a hunger strike. When people are that inconsiderate they won't remember unless you make them.

Oh, pack a lunch and then sabotage their food. See how they like going hungry...
nygiants

Nov 10, 2005, 9:03 PM
ya eat some meat then throw up on your boss's face. That will show um!
Nikoletta

Nov 9, 2005, 5:01 PM
I finish picking the Canadian bacon off my pizza and eat cheese and pineapple (seemed like the least sickening choice.) but I'm still hungry so I go back to see if i can grab another piece. It's all gone. Now they told my row we had to wait until last so that we weren't all coming off the phones at the same time so we got the pickings left from all the other people. I'm about ready to just go home. I don't feel good, it's loud, the callers are DUMB, and the powers that be have no consideration.
csouthgal

Nov 9, 2005, 5:40 PM
how much are you getting paid for this WONDERFUL job, please for treatment like that it just cant be worth it
Nikoletta

Nov 9, 2005, 5:52 PM
Not enough.
celesticatfl

Nov 10, 2005, 5:43 PM
Maybe you can volunteer to do the ordering next time. Then order none of the things they like or normally expect, but the things you love! and force them to pick through to suffice. No body would forget that.
celesticatfl

Nov 10, 2005, 5:36 PM
Would you be allowed to order a delivery for yourself and have the company reimburse you? Or maybe provide your list of specific lunch and where to get it to the person ordering ahead of time? I would think this would be allowed. They would be allowances made if someone could only eat Kosher food, so why not Veggie?
Just a thought. I'd even go so far as to get my Dr to write me a prescription next time. 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.