Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Another term I hate.

Nikoletta

Nov 3, 2005, 10:18 PM
"wherefore." I hate it. Absolutely hate it when they say "wherefore." It's a word but it's not a modern word, it's old English and these people use it because they want to sound sophisticated and smart (smarter than they are) or that's my guess, maybe they just think it's a good word, I don't know. They don't even really use it in context. "I have two lines wherefore I have 1000 minutes to use."

Grr.
everman

Nov 3, 2005, 10:40 PM
I have a pet peeve wherefore people say wherefore when it is not called for by the context of the conversation.
Nikoletta

Nov 4, 2005, 12:42 PM
Exactly
Buffo

Nov 4, 2005, 12:55 PM
I say "nowadays"

i like the word

I also like "flibbertigibet"
Nikoletta

Nov 4, 2005, 12:56 PM
but those words I'm sure you use in context, not like these jokers and their complete lack of understanding as to what the word actually means.
Buffo

Nov 4, 2005, 1:12 PM
i don't use any word in context

😛
Vox Dei

Nov 4, 2005, 4:20 PM
"You people" Oh this is a really fast way to make me not like you and not want to help. Maybe i was willing to grant an exception a second ago or give you a courtesy credit after you say that you get nothing...you hear? nutin.
shellis129

Nov 6, 2005, 5:34 AM
OMG... that's funny. I haven't heard that since, well, before I walked.

I couldn't STAND it when someone would say "you people..." to me. That was it. Those 2 little words would make me cringe. My neck would stiffen, my eyes would get this feeling like they were going to explode and I wanted to reach thru the phone and strangle whoever it was that I was talking to. It was bad. Unhealthy, bad. Anyone who knows me knew that if you really wanted to get my goat, say "you people..." to me. After that, you got NO respect or courtesy from me. I think I even said it back to a customer once... "If you poeple would read the contract..." 👿

Automatic smoke break after those calls.
Nikoletta

Nov 7, 2005, 7:17 PM
"In regards to." I hate that one too. When they are trying to sound smart. They aren't. They need to stop trying to fool me. I can tell.
Caeser

Nov 7, 2005, 7:40 PM
Its not really a term, but more or less the incompitence (
Nikoletta

Nov 7, 2005, 7:46 PM
Well yes, it's more that I hate the stupidity that spawns the term than the term itself. I don't really care either way about the term but I have long since learned to associate certain terms and phrases with rampant stupidity and bad credit.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.