Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

whya re we here on sundays?

cellnuts

Oct 23, 2005, 10:21 AM
you guys are gonna get alot of threads from me today cause its sunday and i dont know about you all but i get 4 customers on average today, the company loses money by having me here. we are open from 11-6 .

im just curious who else has to wrk today and how long and where you are from...

thank god for this site im surprised the company hasnt proxied it out yet...im just waiting to come in and not be able to log on
lorilicious

Oct 23, 2005, 10:36 AM
ARGH!! don't call the bad luck! lol yeah I love phonescoop too! I get maybe 20 calls during the ENTIRE 8 hours I work today. and most of those are mis-directs. Not sure why they even bother with sundays.. but whatever, more money on my pocket. We have internet at work too (restricted) but some good sites I can still access. thank GOD they haven't banned EBAY lol I'm on a 12 step program you know.. lol... hope your day gets better!
Nikoletta

Oct 23, 2005, 11:10 AM
I want only 20 calls... oh wait, probably not happening, I'll get 40 goobers who all want me to 'Hoomeupwi'onedemphones' but couldn't give me a credit card number if I read the number off my Visa for them...and ask me "what you mean" when asked what kind of phone they would like me to put on their order so I can run their credit and send them to a store to pay a $500 deposit because their credit sucks. All the nuts roll downhill to the only payphone in town so they can take turns crank calling our sales department on Sunday, it's a religious thing I guess.
lorilicious

Oct 23, 2005, 11:18 AM
🤣 🤣 🤣
CptFarlow

Oct 23, 2005, 10:47 AM
Here at my store there is a list of site that I am allowed on. Basically anything that I could possibly use for my job and that's it. They monitor phone calls, computer activity, they know every keystroke I type, they have cameras (including hidden cameras...), they have wires throughout the store to hear what I am talking about, and the owners watch me on the camera on a daily basis. They actually send screenshots to my boss with a timestamp of me and what I did the day before.

I got written up for reading a book. Now I just sit here, stare into the wall and maybe come onto this site.

Again, thanks God for this site.
lorilicious

Oct 23, 2005, 10:50 AM
if it weren't for phonescoop, ebay, magazines and my ipod I would go banannas in here on sundays! sux you can't even read a freakin book! Do you work at a jail? lol j/k that's awful!
CptFarlow

Oct 23, 2005, 11:03 AM
I have only been here about two months. But about a month ago I was bored for 4 hours when I only had ONE customer that whole time. I brought a book, stayed in the front of the store, and read until a customer came in. When they left, I read some more. My boss got written up for it, which then trickled down onto me. The official offense was something like: "Using company time for a personal activity."

I brought a magazine in today...my new Maxim. I hope I don't get fired for reading this... 🙄

I'm getting the Sanyo 9000 so that I can listen to music while I am here.
freedomrep

Oct 23, 2005, 11:13 AM
Think your Sunday sux try this... I work from12 to 6 after that I have to drive an hour to the annual company meeting. Check into the motel do a meet and greet tonite and then sit 2morow from 8:30- 5:30 listening to nokia and motorola reps talk about stuff we already know. The good thing is is that the co. pays for the room and our drinks 2nite
CptFarlow

Oct 23, 2005, 11:16 AM
Ouch, that does suck. Well like you said at least you get free drinks. I had to drive 4 hours to a training for my company. 4 hours there and 4 hours back. It was over $50 in gas. I got paid to go to the training, but that worked out to about $40. I asked to be compensated for the gas and they laughed at me.
petenick

Oct 23, 2005, 11:16 AM
ever been to one of our meetings before? tonite will be my fourth... trust me, you will have a great time. also, I doubt any nokia or moto rep will be there... never been yet. just cell one, vzw, dish. then they tell ya the destination of our vacation.. last year was jamaica, i'm hoping aruba this year. 😁
freedomrep

Oct 23, 2005, 11:56 AM
Pete what location r u at?
freedomrep

Oct 23, 2005, 11:58 AM
No actually I haven't been I've only been w the co. for like 8 mo's. B4 that I was with the mobile pollution as a regional.
axess_denied

Oct 23, 2005, 11:22 AM
We havebeen open for exactly 22 minutes and have had NO customers!!!!!
CptFarlow

Oct 23, 2005, 11:23 AM
1 hour and 23 minutes and no customers... 🙄
mark0000

Oct 23, 2005, 11:33 AM
I've been open for an hour and a half (10am CST). My only customer came in when I did at 9:30 👿 to replace his broken Nextel phone...I work for a Tmo/Sprint(not nextel) dealer. Yeah. This is why Sunday is normally my day off.

At least I have unrestricted internet (honor system that we don't look at "inappropriate" sites). And though I imagine I'm better off than some of you, its far more depressing to be bored after you finish reading the entire internet than when you can't even start.

Our radio station sucks, so I too use my iPod to drown out the boredom.
axess_denied

Oct 23, 2005, 11:35 AM
We don't have speakers in our store to hook our MP3 players up to, whose got it worse, I am listening to the Mall's Muzak system and we get t hear Michael Jackson's "Free Willy" song and then some sh*t Sheryl Crow... This is weak, shoot me in he f*cking head now.
mark0000

Oct 23, 2005, 11:39 AM
I'm stuck listening to non-offensive pop crap on our store radio. The boss has sent people home for having on other stations when he comes in. I just use my headphones to drown it out when I'm here alone 😉
axess_denied

Oct 23, 2005, 11:43 AM
Good idea, we live under an oppresive regime here in all our mall. Our regional management likes to drop in and spy on us from around the corner!!! Bastards. 😈
everman

Oct 23, 2005, 3:13 PM
I f**king hate political correct music and anyone who forces you to listen to it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.