Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Too Bloody Early

ollywolf

Oct 15, 2005, 7:47 AM
Ok I work swing shift and on Saturday I have to be here in the morning. No problem I can handle that, but what I cant handle is only getting 3 hours of sleep because I have to be at work at 6 am when I normally have to come in at 8. I get off work on Fridays at 10 and it is a 45 minute trip home so I am home around 11 pm. Has anyone had to go right to bed when they get home from work and was able to sleep without having to relax frist? If so please share your secret with me. ☚ī¸
lorilicious

Oct 15, 2005, 8:33 AM
argh I hate when that happens! been there! we got a steady shift down here tho ... either all mornings or all nights 🙂 hope you feel better. btw.. you need to get a closer job 🙂
ollywolf

Oct 15, 2005, 10:17 AM
I thought of that but the only place that is hiring is a gas station and that in like $6 an hour and no benifits either. On the week ends my job is open from 9-6 saturday and sunday
themike314

Oct 15, 2005, 11:55 AM
I've been there before. A few years ago I had to work until 11PM on Saturday and turn around and be back at work at 7AM Sunday. I usually just stayed up all night and slept after work on Sunday.
Signals

Oct 15, 2005, 12:16 PM
that sucks. I have a two year old daughter, so i never get to relax with her. she normally goes to bed at like 8:30- 9 o'clock, then I have to pick up all of her toys, then get ready for bed, and it sucks also due to the fact that she wakes up at butt crack of dawn 😡
ollywolf

Oct 15, 2005, 12:30 PM
Well I don't have any kids yet, but I don't have a 150lb dog who will try to wake me up that early on my day off.
Signals

Oct 15, 2005, 1:22 PM
haha that sucks
ollywolf

Oct 15, 2005, 2:20 PM
I guess it could be worst
Nikoletta

Oct 17, 2005, 1:32 PM
That's because he loves you. A whole bunch. Tons. Feed him.
ollywolf

Oct 17, 2005, 6:01 PM
If i feed him any more then he wouldn't be able to fit out the front door
Nikoletta

Oct 17, 2005, 6:03 PM
No, he's starving, just ask him, you should give him some roast beef, or a bbq chicken, yeah chicken would be good. And he needs more space to sleep on the bed too.
ollywolf

Oct 19, 2005, 1:13 AM
He doesn't need help on that one. Trust me if "SHE" wasn't here he would be sleeping on a bed.
Nikoletta

Oct 17, 2005, 1:30 PM
It's called drugs Tatie.
Buffo

Oct 17, 2005, 1:45 PM
I just looked at Wacko_Javo, and we were wondering about you...

Where's Nikoletta, is she gone?

and then we looked at the screen
Nikoletta

Oct 17, 2005, 2:21 PM
Nikoletta had a death in the family and took a few days off to cope.
Buffo

Oct 17, 2005, 3:21 PM
sorry to hear that
Nikoletta

Oct 17, 2005, 4:05 PM
Thanks... still trying to cope and not doing a real hot job, but apparenlty the customers just think I'm mellow, not that I'm about to burst in to tears if I'm not careful. My boss (bless him) is working on getting me sent home. What really sucks is because this wasn't a biological relative (just my brother in every other way) I can't take bereavement time...and couldn't afford it even if I could as it's not paid time off.
ollywolf

Oct 17, 2005, 6:03 PM
You do get paid when you take beravement time

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.