Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 34 replies

I work in a call center but I'm a...

wacko_javo

Oct 11, 2005, 1:03 PM
Psychologist. We'll, I have one year of college only, LOL, but you get my point...

You?
Nikoletta

Oct 11, 2005, 1:09 PM
Chemist... have 2 years of college and will be going back next year when I have the money saved up.
wacko_javo

Oct 11, 2005, 1:15 PM
same here, I owe them big time, LOL!

Next year... ๐Ÿ™„
everman

decent guy anyway.
wacko_javo

Oct 11, 2005, 1:17 PM
not if you work in call center, no. I never said I was a decent guy... ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Nikoletta

Oct 11, 2005, 1:22 PM
That's a good thing to be. Most people aren't. I'm a Nice Lady, how about that?
wacko_javo

Oct 11, 2005, 1:44 PM
Nikoletta said:
That's a good thing to be. Most people aren't. I'm a Nice Lady, how about that?

I was, kidding jeez... I'm nice too! so he's decent, you're a nice lady, and I'm drop dead gorgeous; and we can all still work in our call centers and get along in the phonescoop forums, how about THAT?
Nikoletta

Oct 11, 2005, 2:57 PM
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, I was serious, it is a big deal to be a decent person, a lot of people aren't.
wacko_javo

Oct 12, 2005, 9:42 AM
I see... so I've exposed myself, I'm a paranoid.
Buffo

"Licenciado en Letras"...

Don't know the exact translation. I always say it's a degree in literature but it's not, it's basically three branches of studies: Theory of literature, linguistics, and ancient languages. I think the equivalent in english would be "Arts". But "Artes" in Argentina is a different thing, as well as philosophy, even though "filosofรƒยญa y letras" used to be the same carreer.

This is my fifth year.

And, as you can see, I basically have no clue about it.
wacko_javo

Oct 11, 2005, 1:18 PM
yes, it is ARTS. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Buffo

Oct 11, 2005, 1:22 PM
I hate it, then. I'm not interested in arts, I'm not interested in drama actors, nor in painting, sculpture or anything else.
I don't even like literature!
I just want to have things to say at a party to sound interesting!
Nikoletta

Oct 11, 2005, 1:29 PM
That's a lot of work for things to just say at a party to sound interesting... But then I'm going for chemistry because I like setting things on fire and blowing them up and most of the options for that particular predilection are illegal...and don't pay well. Chemistry has lots of career options that involve setting things on fire and blowing them up that won't get me arrested and pay really well at the same time. Well and the whole chemistry thing was an accident actually, the college assigned me an adviser who was a chemistry teaching my first year in and he said "oh take this class, you'll have fun with it...it's an easy A, or at least a B." Because it was a class he was teaching and I found out later they needed one more person to si...
(continues)
wacko_javo

Oct 11, 2005, 1:39 PM
I highly doubt that's the reason you got into Arts... and Arts is just how the carrer is called in the states, you shouldn't be translating it anyway.
Buffo

Oct 11, 2005, 2:36 PM
i must have told you that in our call center a supervisor and one of his agents (both male) got fired not only for having sex in the breakroom while taking pictures with a cellphone (no cellphones in our floor), but actually sending the pictures via mail to his agents in the project.
wacko_javo

Oct 11, 2005, 3:03 PM
yes! and using the (monitored) corporate email account! these are the type of people that shuldn't have cellphones; even though the story is not related to cellphones it makes me think of stupic customers LOL! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคฃ
littlepinksock

Oct 11, 2005, 3:29 PM
Buffo, basically you're talking about a liberal arts degree or a degree in literature and literary works, I think

It's still a decent degree to go for.
Nikoletta

Oct 12, 2005, 12:58 PM
Thinking about it, that sounds like a degree in Linguistics, something more like that. ๐Ÿ˜•
employeeoftheweek

Oct 14, 2005, 4:52 PM
I am currently in my last year as a chemistry student, but Im going to be teaching it in high school, chemists Ive spoken to dont make any money unless they have a doctorate or invent something for the govt.
Nikoletta

Oct 17, 2005, 2:22 PM
Depends on your state, I'm going to move to Oregon where I have some friends who work for a research firm and are going to help me get in there.
employeeoftheweek

Oct 17, 2005, 6:57 PM
Im in Missouri, and the chemists I were speaking with all worked at Monsanto or Dow.
Nikoletta

Oct 18, 2005, 7:10 PM
wow. I have actually no clue what company my buddies are talking about. *shrugs* it's still better than getting arrested for doing something illegal though.
Fenix1003

Oct 18, 2005, 7:15 PM
getting arrested is fun!!! all the minorities do it!!!
wacko_javo

Oct 11, 2005, 2:21 PM
OH and I have a plan and everything! I study phsychology as undergraduate but after that I'm getting my MBA! I'm not going to starve as a shrink, LOL

then I'll laugh at my call canter days... swimming in my pool of money...
EvilOrangeJello

Oct 11, 2005, 3:06 PM
Mathematician / Engineer. In my second year of school right now.
ccanady

Oct 11, 2005, 3:36 PM
Assassin, working at an indirect store for almost three years. This assignment sucks as I sometimes want to use my skills on some of these customers but its almost over...

Today a customer comes in and tells me to turn her service off, she just ported her numbers over to ***. I say well if its ported its automaticly terminated, she does not want to hear that so I call CS. Now she gets the answer she wants me to see how much each line she has owe for the final bill, but the bill is in front of her... Man I wanted to wait till she got to her car before she knew what hit her...lol
lovingchaos1978

Oct 11, 2005, 3:37 PM
Producer, label Co-owner, band manager, booking agent. clothing designer, and poet.

oh and sexual stud. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
wacko_javo

Oct 12, 2005, 9:31 AM
I didn't know Missy Elliot worked in a call center. ๐Ÿ™„
djdelay

Oct 12, 2005, 4:26 PM
This one may come as a surprise.....but I'm a dj. (wait for oohs and ahhhs).
I'm actually a club dj that spins mostly progressive trance, epic trance, breakbeats, and hard house. If I feel like messing around, I'll do some chillout or dnb.
motorolams550brother

Oct 12, 2005, 4:32 PM
A gas station attendant
ollywolf

Oct 13, 2005, 7:57 PM
Person who needs a job to stay away from my house while my MOTHER is still living. I am also a Secretary for my step dad as well.
Buffo

Oct 14, 2005, 12:44 PM
Weird... Ollywolf is the only one who claimed to be a...

---person

(but then, a secretary)

cheers
ollywolf

Oct 14, 2005, 4:49 PM
Yeah well I never claim to be normal ๐Ÿ˜‰
cadillacman1986

Oct 15, 2005, 2:23 PM
Poor kid trying to go to college this spring lol while trying to get a loan for a newer car that has a window that goes up and down, and a heater that works for this up-coming new york winter!
Nikoletta

Oct 17, 2005, 2:23 PM
Had the heater problem in my North Idaho Winter...also wanted a car that started on a regular basis, that was a big problem.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.