Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

MOTO KROKR

cingcing

Oct 6, 2005, 5:07 PM
We've had our demo unit set up for a couple of weeks now and one of my co-workers brought laptop in so we could load 100 lol songs on it. Out of the 4 gigs of music he has on his computer (all of which are on his i-pod as well) the ROKR accepted 8! And, they had to be duplicated! On the phone and a playlist! lol I don't know why I expected anything else.

Anyone had better luck?
beenthere

Oct 6, 2005, 5:09 PM
heard they found a deffect with the rings it kept a continuis ring
cingcing

Oct 6, 2005, 5:10 PM
Never used it as a phone!
themike314

Oct 6, 2005, 5:22 PM
That problem was in the first 100k units sent out. Following shipments were corrected.

This will correct that problem if you or a customer has one of the affected units:

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/Motosupport/sou ... »
beenthere

Oct 6, 2005, 5:33 PM
yea i read that too. I don't pay too much attention To the things i read here at work
ralph_on_me

Oct 6, 2005, 5:36 PM
That downloader is only avaiable for the PC... yet the ROKR is a product of Apple and Motorola. Does anyone see the irony in that?
cingcing

Oct 6, 2005, 5:50 PM
LOL priceless! I think my dog left a similar "product" in my neighbors yard this morning.
ralph_on_me

Oct 6, 2005, 5:27 PM
I've only put about 30 songs in mine, but it sounds like his iTunes isn't set up right either. You can choose any playlist to load onto the phone, they don't have to be duplicated. What encoding are his MP3s in? If the bit rate or something isn't supported, he can easily convert his current mp3s or aacs to the same for better compatibility. It only has 512 mb of storage though.
cingcing

Oct 6, 2005, 5:53 PM
We created a playlist in i-tunes and tried to load it into the phone. I put eight of the songs on to the card and the same eight as a playlist on the card. Why would it be different than his i-pod?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.