Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Why is this so difficult? Seriously

Nikoletta

Oct 2, 2005, 1:29 PM
I honestly don't understand why people struggle with this but I get at least 5 or 6 of them a day.

When you call our 1-800-number and before it drops you in to speak with a real live person (like my own sweet self) there is a robot voice that tells you (very clearly) that you will need a VALID CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD IN YOUR NAME to complete a transaction. I've ordered two lines of service through the 1-800-number so I know it says it.

But we get these people who call in and yank my chain saying they want to order service and then when I tell them we'll need a credit card they say "Oh I ain't gots no credit card." or something along that line... Or the ones that are worse... we have to mention at least once before asking for it that we d...
(continues)
themike314

Oct 2, 2005, 1:36 PM
Most people don't listen to what a live person tells them, why do you expect them to listen to a recorded or electronic voice?
lorilicious

Oct 2, 2005, 2:17 PM
Here at out insurance company, we give a VERY DETAILED introductory message indicating they:

*Must be the authorized user of the account
*Have a Police report ready in case of lost/stolen units
*Have your Date of purchase and Make & Model available.

What is so freakin hard to understand? They still get mad when I tell them AGAIN that they need to have this information and call back...
People can be so clueless....
hishkebibble

Oct 2, 2005, 2:40 PM
yeah i gots this phone....and i need the number for customer service..so i go ..'1-888 (####)'wait .lemme write this down" 🙄 🙄
themike314

Oct 2, 2005, 2:56 PM
I hate that. Whenever a customer asks for a number, they're never ready to write it down & a lot of them get upset about it.
lorilicious

Oct 2, 2005, 3:21 PM
oh yeah ! I also hate it when you say "is there anything else I can assist you with?" they say NO, and then when you start using your closing scripts they have a billion questions and interrupt you and then rush you off the phone lol
Nikoletta

Oct 2, 2005, 3:57 PM
The guy who calls in to upgrade his handset (and we only do new activations here so I have to direct him to care) and gets pissed because I can't do what he wants right that minute...so when I say "Is there anything else I can help you with?" and he shouts "Clearly not!" and slams the phone down on me...I like those too.
lorilicious

Oct 2, 2005, 4:08 PM
I also love it when I ask them for the make and model of the phone and they say something like "is a verizon silver small flip phone" and can't supply the model and they get pissed when I have done EVERYTHING I could to find the model and I refer them to their carrier
themike314

Oct 2, 2005, 4:10 PM
Those are amazing.

Customer: "It's a camera flip phone."

Me: "Do you know what brand it is?"

Customer: "It's an LG Motorola phone."

Me: " 😳 "
Nikoletta

Oct 2, 2005, 4:55 PM
They tell me they have this phone their buddy/mom/cousin gave them and want us to set it up for service...and they want it activated right that minute...now we use SIM cards so we have to send out the new SIM (I tell them this) and they inform me it has a SIM in it and they want me to activate THAT. NOW.

But I will ask them what model phone they have, just for giggles and they always say "A XXX phone." Then I finally get them to tell me and it will turn out to be like a kyocerra phone that Verizon used 5 years ago (so no SIM) or something dumb like that.
lorilicious

Oct 3, 2005, 8:07 AM
ugh I bet that's frustrating! I guess people loose all sort of common snese when they have to call customer service/sales
OrangeTSC

Oct 4, 2005, 6:10 PM
oh! oh! and when you are like, "what model phone are you trying to activate sir?"

"its a Ni-ko-ta" (nokia)

or

"its a ur-ki-sen" (ericsson)

or my all time favorite

"its a cellular" (cingular branded)
queenvictoria

Oct 4, 2005, 8:25 PM
or Motor Oil (motorola) I love that one. and i've had it several times
themike314

Oct 2, 2005, 6:12 PM
Good times:

Me: "May I have your name please?"

Customer: "Who's name do you want?"

Me: "Your name, please."

Customer: "The name on the account is Jane Doe."

Me: "And your name?"

Customer: "I'm John."

Me: "And your last name?"

Customer: "Smith."

More good times:

Me: "May I have the Cingular Wireless number that you are calling about?"

Customer: "I'm calling from my home phone."

Me: "That's fine. I just need the number of the phone that you are calling about."

Customer: "Like I said, I'm calling from my home phone, but I'm calling about my Cingular phone number 555-555-1234."

OR

Customer: "555-555-1234."

I proceed through the replacement process, and as we're finishin...
(continues)
lorilicious

Oct 3, 2005, 8:47 AM
Me: Thank you for callin *** my name is Lori, may I have the WIRELESS # u are calling about please.

them: 555-xxx-xxxx

Me: Thank you ... may I have the name on the account please?

Them: John Doe

Me: Thanks! and who am I speaking with?

Them: Michael Jackson

Me: Are you an authorized user in the account sir?

Them: Yeah, he told me to call, I pay the bill

*** We go through the claim and it turns out after account verification he is not listed as authorized user in account ****

Me: I apologize sir but john hasn't put you down in the account with XXX

Them: But I pay the bill! This is MY phone!

Me: Sir all we need is Mr doe's approval and for him to add you as authorized user

Them: Whatever F!ck u

Me: Thank ...
(continues)
EvilOrangeJello

Oct 4, 2005, 12:43 PM
My favorite one was always "Lemme axe you a question".

That plus if someone REALLY has money, they have an American Express card. It's a fact.
OrangeTSC

Oct 4, 2005, 6:14 PM
like when you get to the address part of the credit app and you ask.. "what is your HOME or PHYSICAL address?"

cust: "PEE OWE Box 123"

me: "so do you actually live in that little box in the post office?"

😳 😳

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.