Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Customer Service vs Retail Sales, who wins?

CDMAAOK

Sep 25, 2005, 4:49 PM
Hey guys, I'm a CSR for VZW, it seems like since I started the line has been drawn quite clearly in the sand. CS vs Sales. It seems like a war that has been going on for ages. When I run across an account that has been totally screwed up by sales it makes me feel like the sale is all that matters for the agent that created the account. Then I see a CS agent screw up an account and it drives me even more nuts!!! Who started this war? Since I'm in customer service of course I feel like I'm always cleaning up a mess whether it be from Sales or from CS. I don't care if you work for Cingular, Sprint, or whoever but when will the war end!?!?!?! I'm sick of it. 😕
Nikoletta

Sep 25, 2005, 5:38 PM
It probably depends more on the type of person than what department they work in. If you have a person who only cares about the money, who doesn't care about other people, and is just slimey to begin with they're not going to care what they do that makes your job harder.

But for me I really do want to make sure things go smoothly, because honestly, if I putz something up and you lot have to fix my screw up, the customer gets progressively more frustrated, and from a purely selfish point of view, I loose out because they stand a higher chance of canceling the line I sold them. But that's the selfish aspect, I'm not really that focused on making massive amounts of money but pushing the service on people. I want to work with Care because ...
(continues)
cadillacman1986

Sep 26, 2005, 7:03 AM
I feel for ya CDMAAOK. I'm a CSR for VZW also and feel the same way. I just activated vzw service with radioshack and i had to call cs myself to get the 2 yr promo code fixed. hehe, i think i may go to sales though. i feel like such a dirtball in cs, making cst's pay for things like prorated minutes that they never knew about.
cellutions79

Sep 26, 2005, 12:33 PM
Sorry but why would you go to radioshack to sign up, it seems to me that you would just do it at work. Is there some policy against this. Radioshack blows why would you give a commission to them instead of a corporate store or indirect agent. Not trying to bust your balls, but it just doesnt seem right.
cadillacman1986

Sep 26, 2005, 12:57 PM
I only work as a csr in an outsource vendor call center, so there is no access to activations.
75vette

Sep 26, 2005, 2:43 PM
i don't think it is a fight over the customer, i think it is more of a fight over information. i work in sales and we have to make a certain amount of sales according to how many calls we get. and when you get a csr on the line that just wants to ask you a simple question that in my opinion could have been answered by a manager it frustrates you after a few of them. but yea i don't lie the tension between the two dep but it seems like it will always be there.
cellutions79

Sep 26, 2005, 3:40 PM
I have never called telesales for information, because they will try and take the sale. I have a direct line to credit/activations and tech support that can pretty much answer any question and wont want to take my commission.
75vette

Sep 26, 2005, 4:02 PM
thank you for using those tools given to you
cellutions79

Sep 26, 2005, 4:23 PM
your welcome

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.