Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 25 replies

What I really wanted to say was "YOU ARE A LIAR!" But that wasn't an option

Nikoletta

Sep 20, 2005, 5:27 PM
At first I was sympathetic, she said she'd been getting the run-around trying to place a new order. I believed that and I was pretty sure it was not because we were doing it on purpose, but the new ordering software has been behaving itself very badly of late and some orders HAVE been lost.

She didn't yell, she didn't raise her voice, she didn't swear, she was pretty calm if not polite. But we got around to where she had vented her frustration (a little bit) and was willing to re-process the order with me so that we could get the phone out to her. We got the right phone, we got the free shipping, the plan and when we got to the legal text that where the FUN started. 🙄

She didn't want to pay the activation fee. She wanted me ...
(continues)
lovingchaos1978

Sep 20, 2005, 6:58 PM
Yes, we will charge her an activation fee.
Nikoletta

Sep 20, 2005, 7:05 PM
I know! That's what killed me, I almost fell out of my seat when she told me that she could get service with Cingular and not pay an activation fee. I wanted to ask her "In which universe?"
ralph_on_me

Sep 21, 2005, 1:47 PM
We'll charge her $750 per line for a deposit with that kind of stuff on her credit too.
Nikoletta

Sep 21, 2005, 2:12 PM
I wondered how much it would be. Our highest is $500 a line.
colione112

Sep 23, 2005, 1:12 AM
i've seen cing get up to 2000 a line (for what they skipped out for the first time they had the service) of course they claimed they never had cingular before so we gave them the fraud dept number but never heard back from them 🙂
ccanady

Sep 23, 2005, 10:19 AM
lovingchaos1978 said:
Yes, we will charge her an activation fee.

If for some reason she lived in NC in Rowan, cabarrus or stanley counties then she would get the activation fee's waived for cingular. Thats what we do around here...
Fenix1003

Sep 23, 2005, 10:22 AM
lucky people?
ccanady

Sep 23, 2005, 12:24 PM
no trust me they are not lucky, for those that live in those counties, they can only seek help in those counties. So if they go out of town and their phone screws up, they have to wait until they get back home...Sucks to be them and I hated selling in those areas since some family members got it for their kids who were going to college to find out they had to ship their phone to their parents everytime they has a problem.
themike314

Sep 20, 2005, 7:30 PM
I love people like that. It's such a pleasure dealing with them.

🙄
Nikoletta

Sep 20, 2005, 8:07 PM
What makes me batty is just that I'm so darn trusting. I take people at their word until they prove me wrong and have gotten burned that way. I need to take OFF the rose colored glasses sometimes and be more cynical but that's hard because I want people to be basically good. It is highly entertaining though to have the proof that they are liars like that though, especially when they are being difficult.
mysystemsareupdating

Sep 21, 2005, 10:12 AM
The only instance when I see an activation fee waived is if they are a business customer and its in the agreement between the company they work for and Cingular.
Nikoletta

Sep 21, 2005, 1:00 PM
I've honestly seen it waived once or twice for existing customers who is out of contract and is going to cancel their existing lines and can be talked into resigning and adding a line if it's waived. Otherwise, no way no how. There was a post previously ('10 things not to say in my cell phone store' or something like that) that made a valid point. Customers can't do the setup themselves, if they could there wouldn't be an activation fee but since they need me to walk them through the process, they need the people in Activations to actually set up the phone and they need the help getting the phone assembled (many do) they clearly can't activate themselves, hence the fee.
colione112

Sep 23, 2005, 1:14 AM
i've see it waived numerous times by the save team. but hey, they damn near give away the company to save a customer these days.
Nikoletta

Sep 25, 2005, 1:24 PM
I generally don't get it escalated that far, but yes they do, you're right. Those are the few times I've seen it waived were by our Retentions department.
ccanady

Sep 23, 2005, 10:14 AM
Nikoletta said:
I bit my tongue and didn't point at that her account would probably end up going about three months before they charged her the $400 worth of ETFs on top of the 3 months worth of service that she hadn't paid for before sending it to a collections agency and I'd love to see her get service with ANYBODY with that on her record.

actually she could go to any company and it will not be on her record. I doubt she would wait three months to then get a phone. She will just go to cingular now and in three months it will then hit her credit report but by then, it will be too late.

But then again, Cingular, Alltel and Suncom have the strictest credit check. In my years of selling I have seen a c...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Sep 23, 2005, 5:41 PM
Suncom is higher than Cingular on deposits? Dang, we must be slacking off...
ccanady

Sep 24, 2005, 12:01 PM
ralph_on_me said:
Suncom is higher than Cingular on deposits? Dang, we must be slacking off...

I will let you know this, suncom's credit is backwards and it is stupid. If a customer comes back with a 1000 dollar deposit with Alltel, they will get a 750 with cingular but with suncom they will get a 199 deposit or 350. Now if with Alltel they get a 500 dollar deposit they will get the same with cingular (alltel and cingular use the same credit check system) and with suncom they will come back with either a 199 or approved 0 deposit 10 lines...lol I am not lying 10 lines. Now if they come back with a 300 with Alltel, that is a 150 with cingular and a 750 with suncom...see how dumb their system is set up.
LADAMA1724

Nov 11, 2005, 3:44 PM
😡 TOTALLY WRONGGG, SUNCOM'S CREDIT SYSTEM IS OK. THEIR CREDIT STARDARDS ARE PRETTY HIGH, IF WITH CINGULAR YOU'RE REQUIRED A $500 DEPOSIT, WITH SUNCOM YOU'LL BE REQUIRED A HIGHER DEPOSIT. IF PEOPLE ARE NOT HAPPY WITH REQUIRED DEPOSIT THEN THEY SHOULD HAVE A GOOD PERSONAL CREDIT HISTORY.. ..
djdelay

Nov 11, 2005, 3:46 PM
t

o

n

e

i

t

d

o

w

n.
LADAMA1724

Nov 11, 2005, 3:48 PM
W
H
A
T

----------------- 🙄
E
V
E
R
!
!
!
EvilOrangeJello

Sep 23, 2005, 1:04 PM
The trick with these people is to /antipwn their /pwn. Call Cingular with them ON THE LINE and as if they have an activation fee.
Nikoletta

Sep 24, 2005, 12:39 PM
🤣 That's hillarious but I couldn't...it's against policy here.
can-cell

Sep 29, 2005, 5:18 PM
I had a customer come in griping about $600 of overage..he ranted and yelled and swore, insisting that the were fraud and that he didn't know any of them. THe Solution? picked up the phone and started calling the numbers he said were fraud. the first one was his mom 🤣

the second answered the phone screaming at me for always calling her. threatened a restraining order. oops!!! lol

started to call one more number and he picked up the bill and walked out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c-ya dumb ****!!!
Fenix1003

Sep 29, 2005, 5:20 PM
lol!!! thats awesome!
Vox Dei

Sep 29, 2005, 6:03 PM
to his mom you should have said "I have her and he claims he doesn't know you or have anything to do with you and would never call you"

See what responce you get from both of them at that time 😛

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.