Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Top ten things not to say in a cellphone store....

drewsoccer17

Sep 14, 2005, 8:57 PM
Got this in an e-mail the other day and couldn't stop laughing 🤣 😳

#10...But my bill says Cingular now......
Ok genius...you signed up with AT&T, you have been billed by AT&T for years, your phone says AT&T on the outside. The only thing that has changed in your world is the logo on your bill. Let me put it into perspective...If you buy a box of Frosted Flakes, and your wife puts a picture of the Lucky Charms guy on the box, does the contents inside magically change into pink hearts and yellow moon marshmallows? Convert over or deal with the reality that you signed up with the wrong team.

#9...Best Buy sells the RAZR cheaper....
Its called a promotion. Their reps are hourly employees which means no commission is paid out. Best ...
(continues)
mysystemsareupdating

Sep 14, 2005, 9:12 PM
this would be the perfect moment for the slow clap that cresendos into thunderous applause.
Nikoletta

Sep 14, 2005, 9:31 PM
Oh Dear God.

#8...Customer service said I get a free phone....
If customer service told you that you weighed 80 pounds less, would you run out and buy a two piece and flip flops? Congatulations..they told you what you needed to hear to get off the phone and walk into a store like everybody else. The prices are set locally in each market. Customer service can't possibly know the prices unless they visit each store. Besides, they leave notes on accounts if there is a free phone offer. 9 times out of ten....no notes on your account. If you bought the phone from Motorola or Samsung directly, you would pay 2-300 dollars. We only charge you 50-80. Where does that other 150 go? We eat it up front. But that is not good enough. You wa
(continues)
UOQuack

Sep 29, 2005, 1:43 PM
Interesting side note.. I think it's Mitsubishi is now offering 1 year worth of free gas when purchasing or leasing a new car from them. The 'free' trend is not going away, unfortunately.
TruthWise

Sep 14, 2005, 11:15 PM
How could you get this across to customer
without making them mad.I have a hard time getting good point off to customers.Help me help the customer
Fenix1003

Sep 15, 2005, 10:44 AM
You can't.... i have tried to get those EXCELLENT points through their this braindead heads, but they are stubborn man!!!
bigchieftoiletpaper

Sep 15, 2005, 11:50 AM
wow..........

dont get me started on the insurance side.

it would be enough for all of us to jump off a cliff
orangetd88

Sep 21, 2005, 2:05 PM
Even though I'm a Telesales rep, I can relate to most of this stuff. This is great!
cingcing

Sep 21, 2005, 2:14 PM
How about "I've been on the phone with you guys for like 4 hours!"?
beenthere

Sep 21, 2005, 2:27 PM
Thats when i wanna say thats your own damn fault call the right department the first time
Nikoletta

Sep 21, 2005, 2:57 PM
And listen to the prompts (idiot) so you get to the right extension the first time.
orangetd88

Sep 21, 2005, 2:20 PM
If I might add, from a Telesales rep's perspective...

1. Did you listen to ANYTHING the prompt said? ANYTHING? Yes, you have to have a credit card. That means YOU HAVE TO HAVE A FREAKING CREDIT CARD! Don't have one? Get your ghetto, no credit havin @ss off my line!

2. No Habla Espanol.

3. I don't give a rat's @ss what Wirefly.com has. We are not Wirefly.com. you have questions for them? See if you can call them. Try it, please.

4. This is NOT customer care, and no, I CANNOT take your bill payment. Next time, LISTEN.

5. Thank you, Mr/Ms Customer Care rep for screwing my conversion rate ONCE AGAIN by asking some dumb, inane question that you could have answered yourself by using your resources. And no, I can't tr...
(continues)
cingcing

Sep 21, 2005, 2:41 PM
Heres another one.

"I bought this from the kiosk down the mall."

Nothing good ever comes of this.
levi_strauss

Sep 27, 2005, 11:35 AM
hey now... what are you trying to say?
Nikoletta

Sep 21, 2005, 2:59 PM
"I was on vacation in Hawaii and bought this phone and now it doesn't work. I need you to fix it because I don't want to go back to the store."
cingcing

Sep 21, 2005, 3:07 PM
🤣 Even better!
orangetd88

Sep 21, 2005, 3:11 PM
I bought this phone in 1987. It's still good. Why can't I activate it?
thegreatrep

Sep 26, 2005, 9:29 PM
We had a guy come in two days ago who was whining because we were converting our TDMA towers. Kept going on and on about how when you sign a contract with someone both parties need to honor their agreements, yadda yadda yadda.. He signed up in like 1997 and hasn't done anything to his account since... I guess no one told him his contract was only for two years..
m0nsterzer0

Sep 28, 2005, 1:10 PM
#32... "My phone is broke, I did not do anything. It was sitting on my desk and I picked it up and the screen was out"
--- Yeah and I am Jesus

I kinda feel like an a$$, cause this one honestly happened to me. 🤭

And yet I still laugh at the customers who come up with the same story...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.