Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

You know they're lying when...

Nikoletta

Aug 17, 2005, 4:41 PM
Trapped here all day (with our restricted Internet) I turn to this forums for my amusement...and I know I love reading other people's stories about idiotic behavior (both on the part of other reps and on the part of the customer) so I thought I'd share a couple more of my more memorable calls in telesales...

We get a lot of fraudulent callers, people who have stolen other people's credit information and are trying to order service using that information but some of them are more obvious than others. People must think we're stupid and won't notice but we have to pretend that we are and that we don't while on the call...the minute we hang up we fire off an e-mail to our fraud department so they can stop the order.

One of my all time fav...
(continues)
GWFOX

Aug 17, 2005, 4:50 PM
.. when the customer opens their mouth to speak.

I quote a line from the best movie ever "This job wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the freaking customers" (Clerks, spoken by Randall)
Nikoletta

Aug 17, 2005, 4:59 PM
I watch House on Fox every Tuesday night and I subscribe to his opinion... Everybody lies, all the time.
jamesm

Aug 17, 2005, 8:03 PM
nikoletta... you a cp person?
Nikoletta

Aug 17, 2005, 10:54 PM
Yes 🤭 It's so sad but it pays the bills. I've heard of you James... M as in MOOOO right?
jamesm

Aug 17, 2005, 11:22 PM
ya who is this 😳
Nikoletta

Aug 17, 2005, 11:35 PM
I'm on the Wizards, I sit over by the west door, have Kermit the Frog on my computer and umb... lots of Dilbert Comics up around my pod.... You can see my desk from the West (the back) door.
jamesm

Aug 17, 2005, 11:39 PM
Ha ill spot ya
Nikoletta

Aug 17, 2005, 11:46 PM
Should I be scared? Should I go into the like agent protection program or something? Hey that's a good idea actually, Agent Protection for retired store reps so people can't find them on the streets and beat them to death.
jamesm

Aug 17, 2005, 11:47 PM
ya you better...

sounds like a good idea though, whole name change and everything.
Nikoletta

Aug 17, 2005, 11:51 PM
I'm standing up right now actually.
ollywolf

Aug 31, 2005, 5:16 PM
Stop abusing kermit or I will beat you with a wet noodle, or no sales for you from BO
Nikoletta

Sep 1, 2005, 1:18 PM
Kermit started it.
ollywolf

Sep 16, 2005, 10:24 PM
He did not. He told me that you did it when you wouldn't let him go YEA!!!!
jamesm

Aug 17, 2005, 11:26 PM
ya you know its creepy when you get a guy callin in with some info and he wasnt approved then He calls back in with his "parents" with same info.
elephantman

Aug 19, 2005, 4:33 PM
You couldn't be more right. My pantalones are chaffing.
EvilOrangeJello

Sep 1, 2005, 12:09 PM
Center Partners in Fort Collins? I actually used to work there about a year ago. Decent environment and great pay, if memory serves.
Nikoletta

Sep 1, 2005, 1:13 PM
Nope. Not me anyways. I would say things about environment and pay but I'm cranky right now and at work so that's probably not a good combination.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.