Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 64 replies

Funniest thing a customer has ever said/called you.

santasbluehelper

Jul 20, 2005, 12:48 AM
I've had two seperate customers call me Satan.

But I would say the funniest thing i have ever heard a customer tell me would be, "Well i gues i have on resort left, now it may not be much but it sometimes helps. I prey to higher being and a powerful being indeed. (I have expected him to try the force next) I will pray that your company has the same presparity that your customer service has show me. That way in 3 weeks you will be out sourced to Pakistan."
(I told him I could not mig over the phone with out a credit card.)

Its really funny becuase I already told he was talking to an outsourced rep.
rep12345

Jul 20, 2005, 10:08 AM
haha funny 😁

i've had customers call me all sorts of things from time to time.... the last one though was when what sounded like a nice woman called- she wanted all of her roaming charges credited- unfortunately they were alllll completely valid and nothing i could do about it. she told me that i should go rot in hell. ;S
lil_britney

Jul 20, 2005, 10:34 AM
I had a cust a couple of days ago- immediate escalation because cust didnt want to process wex with rep fr India 🙄
By the end of the call cust was yelling numerous explicits, including the ole "i should shove my fon up ur a$$)
bigshaun

Jul 20, 2005, 1:38 PM
A customer called in rather upset that his newly activated phone was not working. He charged the phone up for a few hours, and he has been waiting for too long for this to work. "This is Bulls*#%! I wantn my money back, I knew I should of went with Verizion, The agent told me it woould be on in 45 minutes! It has been 7 hours! I'm taking it back if you don't fix it right now!!!!!" He said.
"Okay, Sir I do apologize, can you please turn the phone on for me."

In which he replied, "How the hell do I do that?!"... 🤭

Some people just don't need cell phones.
bluesnot

Jul 22, 2005, 1:06 AM
About 2 years ago, I had someone disputing a bill of about 1000$ racked up by roaming. Luckily, the notes said he called prior to leaving and we told him he'd get charged roaming, so it was really easy to say no and back it up. He said he didn't know it would be that much. He ended up saying he would pray to allah to save my soul from this evil corporation that has sucked it from me and stolen my life.
I told him that it would do as much good as praying to the tooth fairy.
He hung up.
Letsgopense

Jul 22, 2005, 9:01 AM
you should have told him that you are a Christan and that you don't need his heathen prayers. lol that would have been funny
Mazdaman

Aug 19, 2005, 10:02 AM
there was a time a couple weeks ago a customer called up and i said my stuff... at first she said she needed her phone exchanged.out of nowhere she asked me if i had her parts for her warsher and drier in yet.. i instantly put it on mute for a minute.she asked me if i was still there and trying not to laugh while i was talking i said i was. then i stated this is cingular wireless. she said this isnt sears im still laughing while im talking she said how could i get the number wrong. after that call i laughed until i cried i never laughed so hard in my life... đŸ¤Ŗ
getgsm

Sep 7, 2005, 10:35 AM
There have been so many, but one time during Christmas a couple of years ago, we were swamped, of course I couldn't get an activation to go through so I was on the phone with them; while I was on hold I asked if anyone had a bill payment,etc that I could do quickly while I was waiting. This guy comes up and wants to buy pre paid minutes, so I process the transaction, and he wants me to put his minutes on RIGHT THEN! I explained that I was already on the phone and could add his minutes when I got through, and he said "Man, I'm going to jack you up". I had no idea what he was talking about, no one else did either- I'm sure it was a threat, but since I was doing him a favor to begin with, it really hit me as funny that he would say that. I've b...
(continues)
themike314

Sep 7, 2005, 10:49 AM
He was just offering to change your tire. 🙂
Daenerys

Sep 8, 2005, 3:43 PM
themike314 said:
He was just offering to change your tire. 🙂

đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ
ZombieJ

Jul 21, 2005, 4:25 PM
Next time someone does that just tell them they are welcome to do whatever they want with their device, however it would void the warrenty.
tnCCKatz

Jul 22, 2005, 10:25 AM
I had a call where a woman went on for 20 minutes because she didn't want to talk to an outsourcer. I wish they'd realize how raciest and bigotted they sound. đŸ˜ŗ
freephones4all

Jul 23, 2005, 12:54 PM
A customer recently called me an idiot because I couldnt remove the SIM card from his A670. I explained I could transfer his contacts to another phone, but that his A670 did not have a removable SIM card. He informed me that since I was not familiar with our equipment he would take the phone apart, remove the SIM card and return it to be installed to a Motorola. By a tech who 'knew what they were doing.' I admitted my ignorance. And he went home to disassemble his phone.
đŸ¤Ŗ
AVIOUS2001

Jul 28, 2005, 4:12 PM
HAHA!!
themike314

Jul 20, 2005, 12:34 PM
It wasn't funny because of what was said, but because of who said it.

I was cussed out by a little old lady - she sounded like she was at least in her 70's. She ran through every word and phrase in the book, and then hung up on me.

All because I told her about the deductible she'd have to pay.
tnCCKatz

Jul 22, 2005, 10:28 AM
Which she would have known if the would have looked at her documentation. But Noooo thats to hard to do. 🙄 You should not be allowed to own a cell phone unless you can read and have a brain.
Nikoletta

Aug 3, 2005, 8:51 PM
Actually a few of us poor reps here in the Pink Land of Sales have decided that there should be a standard IQ test for being able to use a phone (any kind of phone.) If you pass the test they instal a little chip in the back of your hand... every single phone in existance has a chip that respondes to the one implanted in your hand...If you pick up a phone and you don't have the chip for passing the phone just doesn't work. I think this would save a lot of trouble for everybody.
Letsgopense

Jul 20, 2005, 1:12 PM
best call i had was once i had a Catholic priest chew me out. to top it off it was the day the pope died
ZombieJ

Jul 21, 2005, 4:42 PM
Funniest thing a customer has ever said to me wasn't while I've been working for Cingular. I used to work for Hewlett Packard tech support and I did troubleshooting for wireless all in one's printer scanner copiers/faxes. And this supposedly educated gentleman (claims to be a sys admin) got very upset with myself and HP in general for the false advertising because he had to use a "power cord" with his printer. I tried to explain to him that wireless electricity has not yet been harnessed by the human race (save for converting solar energy into power) but he wasn't hearing it. It was so sad ... but i couldn't stop laughing through the whole call and I just couldn't take the guy serious when he started to get angry about it.
axess_denied

Aug 4, 2005, 11:39 AM
That must be chronic disease. The belief that via IR/Bluetooth we can transmit POWER not just data. I used to work for Best Buy and had many people in our PC dep't ask about the wirless multi-functions... The problem with idiots = you can't kill them, or teach them... ☚ī¸
tnCCKatz

Jul 22, 2005, 10:31 AM
The funniest thing that happen to me is when I was in Credit and Activations and I had someone say they where a freind of the CEO and got the wrong name.

Also when I worked for a text support company and the women was asking where the CD-ROM drive and when I discribed it she said "Oh you mean the cup holder" đŸ¤Ŗ
repCB

Jul 25, 2005, 2:55 PM
tnCCKatz said:
Also when I worked for a text support company and the women was asking where the CD-ROM drive and when I discribed it she said "Oh you mean the cup holder" đŸ¤Ŗ

Isn't that an old tech support joke? đŸ¤Ŗ
axess_denied

Aug 4, 2005, 11:41 AM
Probably older than tnCCKatz! Keep on laughing đŸ¤Ŗ
Cigee

Aug 16, 2005, 3:50 PM
Recently I have noticed a lot of people trying to bring that joke back but it's tired now. Kind of like someone calling tech because they can't find the any key. Let em die!
axess_denied

Sep 6, 2005, 1:42 PM
I think the best one is the customer who couldn't figure out why the computer won't power on, but had to look for a flash light to see if the cable was plugged in because the power was out... pretty lame and older than my grandmother.

The best way to help in a tech situation is to troubleshoot the issue then in a frantic voice tell the customer that the problem is bad but fixable. Ask the customer to get a pen and paper and have them write down that they have a virus call i-d-1-0-t. If the customer has any sense they will hang up the phone before they try to comment.
porsha846

Jul 25, 2005, 2:41 PM
I think it is funny when customers call in to activate their phone and they say "can you cut my phone on"
axess_denied

Aug 4, 2005, 11:42 AM
Or my phone cut off??? Get real!
BeaverTron4000

Aug 19, 2005, 5:20 PM
I hear ya, i take pymts and apply bonus mins on ATT Go Phones, i'm not racist but i can only work w/ what ppl give me.
alejandro

Aug 20, 2005, 12:10 PM
hahah, the funny thing about your post is that race or racism wasn't mentioned but you felt the need to affirm it.
axess_denied

Aug 4, 2005, 11:53 AM
I was cursed out and called F*$#head by a customer because the customer did not feel he was responsible for his display's problems. When i removed the case I shook the broken pieces of glass from the LCD display and the customer finally exploded "Do you think I did that?" To which I replied, "I don't know if you did, but whoever did needs to buy you a new phone."
AlwaysConfused

Aug 4, 2005, 12:05 PM
I had a customer come into the store that wanted to pay his bill. I kindly directed him towards the bill pay machine because we have to do all bill pays that way. He resisted at first and then I offered to even guide him through the process (it is touch screen with big numbers). He then proceeded to argue with me stating he shouldn't have to use machines. I then told him he could pay over the phone, mail in a check, or set up an account to have it automatically deducted. He thought about it for a second then started screaming at me that I was a f'ing communist and that we are conspiring to force all public to pay through machines. Then, to top it all off, he brought his entire white trash posse him with him to sit there and glare at me...
(continues)
Idiotbeacon

Aug 7, 2005, 6:46 AM
I had an irate caller start the call by saying "This is the 3rd f&%#@n time I'm calling y'all today! After apologizing to the customer for any inconvenience that his being on the phone 3 times has caused him, I asked what was wrong with his phone. He told me that the display was completely black. I told him that I can definitely assist him with his display problem. I then asked him to remove the battery with the phone powered on so we could 2nd level reset and get the IMEI number from inside phone. The customer then said "now you just hold on sir....I've already done this twice today and y'all have hung up on me both times. Then this brilliant man asked me if I would promise that I would not hang up on him if he removed the battery for the 3...
(continues)
lorna

Aug 7, 2005, 11:42 AM
Idiotbeacon said:
...............Although tempted to say "I would never hang up on you sir..Go ahead and pull the battery", I had to get a land line number for callback due to heavy QA monitoring...

.......... Lorna says ............................................. ...
Question: What is QA monitoring?
Question 2: If there had not been heavy QA monitoring (by whom?) would you have asked the man to first give you his land line so that the procedure could continue?

I find that sometimes very intelligent people get so focused in on the problem that they go into emotional mode, such that their logical brain shuts down and logic and common sense becomes totally lost momentarily. You find a lot of smart pe...
(continues)
wolfspider73

Aug 7, 2005, 2:18 PM
QA is short for Quality monitoring. Each center has a team in place that monitors calls to ensure we are correctly resolving customer's issues, adhering to corporate core values, setting correct expectations and using professional tone and demeanor. There are remote monitors, side by side monitors, monitors done by the quality department, monitors done by supervisors and managers of operations.

Being tempted to prank the customer and actually pranking the customer are miles apart in this business. People get emotionally involved with their cell phones, and when something goes wrong a surprisingly large percentage loses perspective, loses composure, and loses the ability to apply critical thinking. I am sure that no matter what, the agent...
(continues)
lorna

Aug 7, 2005, 2:33 PM
This is good. Always remember that some kinds of jobs will always be dealing with unhappy or anxious people with problems that they want fixed, NOW. It calls for knowing how to reassure them, settle them down to objective thinking, and having faith that YOU are the one who will help them solve the problem.

For me personally, the worst thing to show me is sarcasm. I don't really like it in normal conversation and I hate it when I am seeking help and in an anxious state of mind.

-Lorna
cingagent

Aug 7, 2005, 4:39 PM
I got one: Cust came into store complaining that her phone was not working, when I asked what was happening, she could not place calls. Tried it in store, it was fine. Come to find out, she lives in an area of very poor service. When I explained that to the customer, she wanted to know why if her phone works nationwide. "I can go to florida and use my phone but I can't use it at home?" When I explained to her that we had been trying for 3 years (no lie) to get a cell tower approved by her town board, but it continually was either protested or voted down, she replied to me with "well, I don't want an ugly cell tower in my town. you should find a way to get service without a tower."
I politely asked her to invent that for me and we c...
(continues)
mattycingular

Aug 10, 2005, 10:17 PM
I am a rep in the Dep. known as CLM, although thats not what we actually call ourselves, not important. We handle promos and web match pricing and the such and one night I fielded a call from a lovely lady in Hawaii. She had obviously lived there her entire life as we had gotten into the conversation about how she didnt know where south dakota was (thats where I live and work). While building rapport, I got into how I was going to school for an Anthropology and she wished me blessings from God, which is when the call changed from nice to slightly wierd in a good way. She though that I was an educated person, so after I was done with her order and about to release the call, she said OH WAIT!!! GOD told me to ask you a question!!!! I sa...
(continues)
NFamous

Aug 15, 2005, 7:52 PM
can i ask where you work?, i live/work north of you and have been looking for work in the US as is my wife, she is finished university and is having a hard time finding suitable work in Canada, i am probably 3-4 hrs away, and the climate isnt all that different.if you do not want to disclose your location thats okay, but can i get an employer address / fax# so i can send a resume? thank you so much, and god bless.
jackscrack

Aug 16, 2005, 10:33 AM
I actually had a customer tell me that I was triflin' .... what the heck is that? 🙄
Kadeez

Aug 17, 2005, 8:43 PM
I must have a very seductive sounding voice....not trying to have one. I have had several marriage proposals, customer's offering to fly me in for dinner & even had one customer ask me if he could j*&k off to the sound of my voice!!!!!!!
Vox Dei

Aug 17, 2005, 10:55 PM
Wow. I had a female friend who got an offer from one of her customers to fly her down to TX to go out with his son 😛
Nikoletta

Aug 17, 2005, 11:02 PM
Gah, I've had that offer (marriage and fly me out, not the j*&k off one) so many times to. One of my co-workers was listening to some of my calls because she was having a bad day...and she told my boss "She just flirts with them all, that's why she does so well." I was mortified, I've never though I was flirting, I just like to chat while I'm waiting for stuff to load or just to build rapport with the caller. But then my boss (who apparently thinks it's great fun to listen to my calls) agreed with her. Certainly wasn't the intention, I'm just trying to make the day go faster and keep the caller happy, because if you're chatting amiably they are happier at the end of the call. Oh well.
Sinner

Aug 16, 2005, 11:39 AM
Not too sure if it counts for anything, but here was a moment from where I am.

Customer comes in to store and walks up to counter. Customer asks "Bill?"

"You want to pay your bill?"
Customer nods.
"It will be a 5 dollar fee to pay at this location."
Customer smiles and nods.
Start to process payment.
"How much do you want to pay on your bill"
Customer nods.
"How much would you like to pay"
Customer: "No English"
"You can't speak English"
Customer nods.
INTENSE sarcasm : "You can't speak English....excellent".

Another one happened yesterday. Same kind of scenario.

"It will be a five dollar fee to pay here"
"I no pay 5 dollars"
"Then you don't pay here"
Customer pauses to think.
"Okay, I pay this time but I no pay ...
(continues)
Fenix1003

Aug 16, 2005, 3:39 PM
you are a mean bastard but there is no need to take it out onthem like that...they can't understand you so just point at the check and say no...
FlyDog

Aug 16, 2005, 9:56 PM
This'll probably land me in flame-land but I gotta back him up on this.

I'm sorry kiddies, but if you're going to move, and become a permanent resident of a nation. You need to learn to speak the language. If I was moving to Rome, I'd bone up on my Italian.
Fenix1003

Aug 17, 2005, 8:38 AM
this people don't plan to move here until its really necesary and they can't support their families, they are not here on "vacation", they are here to work....how many healthy "americans" that know perfect english are begging for money in the streets? Alot, now this people do try to learn english, but u try to learn a different language when u r 35-40 and see how well it goes, specially when u did not even finish high school...
Sinner

Aug 18, 2005, 5:16 PM
Well let me say this, if you're too old to understand the language of the country you're living in, don't act upset at ME for your ignorance..
Renegade_Fart

Aug 20, 2005, 12:23 PM
If your going to swim to America or climb a fence or run whatever it may be and decide to get a cell phone.... SPEAK ENGLISH!!
Fenix1003

Sep 6, 2005, 6:36 PM
hehehe hurricane Katrina serves right to people like u that have non english speaking ppl helping ur "high quality" rich asses, and don't bring me that "nu huh" u have Puerto Rican soldiers in New Orleans
Renegade_Fart

Aug 20, 2005, 12:23 PM
Anyone want to cyber me!?
Cigee

Aug 18, 2005, 7:51 PM
Why again are we defending the companies that are laying off Americans left and right only to pay India 5 dollars less per employee an hour to do a s&%^tty job? Its crap.
alejandro

Aug 20, 2005, 12:49 PM
he is defending customers who dont speak english well, not outsorced jobs in other countries.
alejandro

Aug 20, 2005, 12:46 PM
I'm more frustrated with americans, white people who cant speak english.... Imigrants have an excuse. I have had customers where their significant other had to sign their name because they could not.
Fluffhead

Sep 6, 2005, 8:49 PM
Thats not nearly as bad as

"Can a I pay a bill here?"
"Yes, you can only pay with a credit or debit card though."
"What about a check?"
"I'm sorry, we can only take credit or debit cards."
*customer stands thinking for a moment*
"I'll be right back, I can pay with a money order right?"
"No, credit or debit only. We place payments through our computer and it only allows credit or debit payments. SO, if you HAVE to pay with another means, you will have to go to *store with payment station*. I'm sorry."
"Oh..well I guess I could just put it on my debit card."
timslo

Aug 16, 2005, 8:02 PM
Probably the funniest I've heard was:

"If Cingular were an entity and kicks it's ass!"

She had some kind of billing issue, but we took care of her.

Tim
Store Manager
West Texas
timslo

Aug 18, 2005, 7:27 PM
🤭 oops! 🤭 I just now realized my mistake. "...I'd kicks it's ass!" is what the customer said.
celesticatfl

Aug 17, 2005, 4:54 PM
I remember one man about 88 yrs old. didn't understand why his phone wasnt working. investigation showed past due on the acct. research showed past due originally began about 8 months prior to the day he came into the store. When asked if he still had his copies of the bills, he said they were junk mail and he doesn't believe in opening htem. He said he had a bank draft to pay it every month. problem was he incurred overage charges one month and never verified the balance was paid. I asked if he checked with his bank to verify the drafts were bening sent to the correct place. He said that's not his problem. I eventually had to emphatically tell this man that it IS his responsibility to verify the bill each month as well as the payment. He le...
(continues)
elephantman

Aug 19, 2005, 4:14 PM
Next time try this: Shut the hell up.
John Bunyan

Aug 19, 2005, 4:49 PM
The funniest thing... "Hey man! I'm so high right now that I'm picking up all four frequencies of GSM." The dude went freakin' quad band on the phone!
BeaverTron4000

Aug 19, 2005, 5:07 PM
i have the reverse here, funniest thing a fellow rep has said to a customer due to rediculous request. i don't know if there's a seperate forum for this, sorry.
if i remember the situation correctly, a lady called one of my coworkers and wanted to get a new phone b/c the one she's had for several years had stopped working. the problem was that she got the phone several years ago and that phone wasn't being sold anymore. for some reason she didn't understand this concept. after trying for 10 minutes to explain that her phone doesn't get maid anymore and her not understanding, he told her "ma'm, if Jesus himself came down and told me to order that phone i couldn't do it." she sighed heavily and hung up on him.
Renegade_Fart

Aug 20, 2005, 12:09 PM
I had a customer who was very polite and when she asked a question on coverage she immediatly countered with. "AHHHHHH Shut the F%$k up!! I want you to burn in hell!!!" the started screaming in the phone like a middle eastern does before killing an infadel. ALALALALALALA!!!!
gbrown1976

Aug 20, 2005, 12:14 PM
i am trying to find out if all fo the car hands free kits and accessories for the nokia 6360 will work on the nokia 6230. my customer wants bluetooth but wants a phone compatible with all of current accessories
John Bunyan

Aug 20, 2005, 12:16 PM
The Blue Raspberry Big Gulp Slurpies at 7/11 are to die for!
alejandro

Aug 20, 2005, 5:11 PM
I had a customer come into the store who wanted a new phone because something happened to hers (i don't remember what but it wasn't our fault). When I told her I could not give them a new phone for free she slammed her fists on the class cases saying "YOU CAN YOU JUST DON'T HAVE THE BALLS" and then she stormed out. That's when you realize that woman who got a bill from comcast addressed to "bitch dog" probably deserved it.
Verizongoddess

Sep 19, 2005, 3:16 PM
OK so one night I get this call from a woman disputing her bill, she tells me there's no way she used all these minutes (my favorite thing to hear, maybe just maybe I'll let the customers in on the minute gnomes that sneak into your phone and eat up your minutes 🙄 ) So I ask if she has a detailed copy of the bill, which she does. I ask her to point out which calls she did not make and she explains to me that it was impossible for any calls to have been dialed from her phone on the eighth of that month because she was in neurosurgery. OK, fair enough...so I ask, was your phone in someone elses possesion while you were in surgery. At this point she gets beligerant and proceeds to tell me that she had her phone with her the whole time, ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.