Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

Cure for Evil Customers

newfette

Jul 15, 2005, 4:24 PM
I have a new idea on how to deal with angry customers.. every time a customer gets angry for no reason... the we randomly break into song.. singing any annoying commercial Jingles from the 60-70 like the oscar mayer or the slinky song... it would either piss them off more or shut them up... 😈 😈 😈
jamesm

Jul 15, 2005, 7:13 PM
i just tell them i am not the one to raise thier voice to.
santasbluehelper

Jul 16, 2005, 12:05 AM
I do the fallowing:

1) speak softer

2) place them on hold (time out. Hey it works for the two year olds that I badysit)

3) Ignore it

4) piss them off so that they hang up.
---> usually involves quoting the T&C, also knows as dropping the T&C bomb.

5) advise them that their is a secret help number that only business excutives have, but if they promise not to tell anyone i gave it to them I'll let them call it. Dail #turkey on their wireless phone.
bluesnot

Jul 17, 2005, 12:49 AM
Oh, I love dropping the T&C bomb.
They ALWAYS say "Well I didn't read that" or "No one told me about that".
One guy actually said "You actually expect us to read those? No one ever reads those!"
Well, I do now!

Hold is great. Nothing like a time out.

When someone keeps interrupting and talking over me I just stop talking, or mute myself, until they're done. Then they think I hung up and I just say "No, I was listening to you. Will you listen to me now?"

Repeating the same thing over and over, when there's no other answer, or they're just not getting it, works too. "Like I said..." "As I just said..." "I already gave you your options. Once again..."

I love being so incredibly nice to them, that by the end of the call they appo...
(continues)
aemsafd

Jul 17, 2005, 11:13 AM
If somebody has a long rambling story with no point or they want to vent about a particular problem that has nothing to do with our business, my question is "Do you have any questions about any of our products or services?"

That usually gets the conversation back on track or just shuts them up.
prncss21

Jul 18, 2005, 3:22 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
captainplooky

Jul 20, 2005, 11:59 AM
So basically you avoid trying to do your job?
acumpton

Jul 24, 2005, 10:50 AM
Plooky, I had just started on this forum a couple of days ago and the whole reason why I, and probably a lot of people in this forum, come here is to vent about our jobs. You might be this great CSR who loves their job, but some of us need to vent. If you don't want to hear about people venting about the job, go to some other forum, because that's basically what this forum is for. Every post from you, you are bitching about something. Just chill out and let us vent how we want to vent
iloveMOTOV300

Jul 20, 2005, 3:23 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 S**T that is funny!
shortchick

Jul 20, 2005, 10:06 AM
My personal favorite has to be reciting T's and C's. Saying, "oops my systems timed out", at which point they can wait for me in time out/ hold or I can transfer them is another doozy. Transferring to the Spanish line, etc.
captainplooky

Jul 20, 2005, 11:57 AM
Shortchick's profile
i hate my job.

Then do something about it instead of whining.
shortchick

Jul 20, 2005, 2:18 PM
captainplooky said:
Shortchick's profile
i hate my job.

Then do something about it instead of whining.

It's much more fun to complain so I can annoy others like you, darling.
captainplooky

Jul 20, 2005, 3:14 PM
I see... so you prefer being unhappy to taking action to change the things that make unhappy?

Reminds me of battered spouses.
butterflyeffect7

Jul 20, 2005, 3:18 PM
Dude, do you have nothing better to do?
captainplooky

Jul 20, 2005, 3:45 PM
Sadly unforeseen layovers leave me with unexpected time on my hands.
themike314

Jul 20, 2005, 3:50 PM
captainplooky said:
I see... so you prefer being unhappy to taking action to change the things that make unhappy?

Reminds me of battered spouses.

What job does not involve stress? What job does not involve 'bad days'?

Even if you're working your dream job, you're going to experience negativity - whether it be from customers, co-workers, supervisors/bosses, setbacks, mistakes, etc. (Running your own business is even more stressful, but that's a different topic.)

Is it wrong to express frustration when something negative happens?

True, negativity in and of itself is subjective, because people aren't affected the same way by similar circumstances. But who are you to say what is or is not acce...
(continues)
shortchick

Jul 20, 2005, 3:58 PM
So you're implying that I am a battered spouse? Hmmm interesting. Look Padookie, I do not need to explain myself to you.
captainplooky

Jul 20, 2005, 11:56 AM
What is the cure for dealing with reps who are jaded because they are in a dead in job with no hope of ever becoming what they wish to in life - and thus - take it on the customer?
KCShadowDragon

Jul 20, 2005, 12:16 PM
captainplooky said:
What is the cure for dealing with reps who are jaded because they are in a dead in job with no hope of ever becoming what they wish to in life - and thus - take it on the customer?

The cure is posting idiotic responses and "editing" quotes of others on a forum.
Oh and also you have to give yourself a "cutsey" name with some Officers rank thrown in to make you feel important.
DDA

Jul 20, 2005, 1:00 PM
captainplooky said:
I am a whiny little child who thinks that CSR aren't human and should take endless hours of abbuse and not get upset about it at all. It's not like they are human or anything.

There are times when we need to vent a little bit. No company yet gives its employees a forum board to write down there opinions of customers. I'm sure that if any of the major carriers gave its CSRs a forum board to post thoughts and rants, you'd never see anything like this again in public. Oh well, that is my $.02, take it or leave it.

Have a nice day.
captainplooky

Jul 20, 2005, 3:16 PM

No company yet gives its employees a forum board to write down there opinions of customers. I'm sure that if any of the major carriers gave its CSRs a forum board to post thoughts and rants, you'd never see anything like this again in public.

Perhaps you all should ask for one?
butterflyeffect7

Jul 20, 2005, 2:08 PM
You're gonna get flamed for that.
shortchick

Jul 20, 2005, 3:00 PM
I'm sooo sorry! I don't take calls for the home shopping network or any other wishy washy company. Heaven forbid we don't bend over and kiss someone's rosy red when they want credit for going over the minutes and roaming, among other stupid things they do that they blame on the big bad wireless phone company. I am the first to admit when a customer has a valid reason to be angry. Try being in a group where your primary job is to correct te misinformation sales reps give customers to make a sale. About 50% of my calls are like that. The other half are about people trying to get something for nothing, being a credit or equipment. I have had people trying to get a top of the line phone for free just because they are having a bad day. So excuse ...
(continues)
iloveMOTOV300

Jul 20, 2005, 3:22 PM
OMG, they do that at Coldstone Creamery! Ha Ha! That would be funny, dancing and singing, "Oh the custmer's pissed, but who cares?!" 🤣
repCB

Jul 25, 2005, 3:19 PM
I've tried that. I failed a quality monitor. ☹️

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.