all discussions

show all 5 replies

Is it just me?

fleurdemiel

Jul 19, 2012, 9:49 AM
Or do these shared data plans from at&t benefit ABSOLUTELY NOBODY? 👿
Jellz

Jul 19, 2012, 10:01 AM
Switching from one smartphone, four non-smartphones to five smartphones. The shared data is gonna save them a bundle, for all that his bill is only increasing by $20 to $30 or so.

It's a good thing that the current family plans and data aren't going away though.
Haggard

Jul 19, 2012, 10:18 AM
Still better than Verizon's because they will take away your unlimited data and put you on these shared plans.
iljaaf21

Jul 20, 2012, 1:04 PM
I'm gonna partially agree with you. Looking at the tier prices breaks my heart, they're so ridiculous.

But at the same time, it's what the customer has been asking for.

All I can say is my husband is gonna be keeping his unlimited data, and I'll be keeping my 5gb hotspot! We will not be switching to the shared data, ever.
truthinsuffering

Jul 20, 2012, 3:15 PM
The only people that I can see that it benefits would either be the people with alot of smartphones not using much data, ex using 300mb each or less. Or if they already have the unlimted talk plan with unl text, Because it comes out cheaper than the standard $70.00 plus $49.99 per add line, then $30.00 for unl fam msg when you can just do $45.00 or $30.00 per line to cover everything.

At least we aren't forcing people to change like Verizon....

But knowing Ole, Ma Bell we will probably eventually follow suit and at least grandfather the old plans.
fleurdemiel

Jul 23, 2012, 10:23 AM
Not the worst idea, m'dear.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.