Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

FDT$*T($FDF CHINA!!!!!

Jellz

Jul 10, 2012, 12:09 PM
33% of my chats so far today have been from CHINA, and EVERY SINGLE ONE has asked, MULTIPLE TIMES, to be transferred to tech support to unlock their iPhone. What the hell? Did someone over there post on a giant forum that we can do that? Seriously. Starting to piss me off. On top of the fact that my phone is practically bricked. UGH.
Haggard

Jul 10, 2012, 12:12 PM
Droid, Droid, Droid, Droid, Droid. ๐Ÿ˜ Gotta love updates that don't work.
Jellz

Jul 10, 2012, 12:15 PM
Haggard

Jul 10, 2012, 12:17 PM
Have you tried completely restoring the phone to default and restoring your info back onto it? Probably a route that most would hate to deal with, but could potentially fix the problem.
Jellz

Jul 10, 2012, 12:19 PM
I can't even get into the settings to restore it if I wanted to. I got to the settings once, but after a few seconds the phone locks up and goes black like I mentioned. It is slightly ridiculous. I'm going to go by the AT&T store later. I do have an upgrade on my account, and while I'd rather not use it... hopefully they'll know something to fix it.
Haggard

Jul 10, 2012, 12:28 PM
That's pretty strange, IDK much about Android, but that sucks it happened to you and the other guy is fine. Did you update immediately as soon as it came out? I wonder if there was a second revision of the update or maybe during the download of the update, it didn't get it fully. Nothing posted online about the issue?
Jellz

Jul 10, 2012, 12:31 PM
I checked Android forums and asked there too, but from what I'm seeing everyone else updated just fine. It's not like mine was rooted or anything.
Haggard

Jul 10, 2012, 12:38 PM
Strange. Better make them give you a brand new one because that one bit the dust. Seems like ICS killed your phone. Hope they are able to help you out though.
Haggard

Jul 10, 2012, 12:45 PM
Did you get any errors during the installation?
Jellz

Jul 10, 2012, 1:00 PM
Nope, it went just fine. Though the Internet did go out for a couple minutes the first time, and I had to start over... that could do it... ๐Ÿ˜•
Haggard

Jul 10, 2012, 1:02 PM
Hmm I wonder if Android updates cache from the previous download point and may have caused a corruption. Maybe they can connect it to some device and manually update it through there and hopefully all will be well then.
Arjuun

Jul 13, 2012, 7:22 PM
hardware reset useing the power and volume button and then fboot to see if it will boot into , i have seen androids have same problems, this normaly works

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.