Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

sigh, rant

soundwave

May 6, 2012, 10:47 AM
So my other associate requested today off for a weekend vaca. Im to open, then i leave early on sundays to soot in my pool league. Boss just called me and told me his dad was in hospital and having chest pains, etc. and wanted to know if i could close for him. I firmly believe his dad is in the hospital, so i agreed to do it. This sucks, i believe he should be able to go with his dad to the hospital, but it happens quite frequently, and im the only one who can ever cover. So instead of leaving at 3 like i was expecting, ill be here til 8. And ill miss pool. Im sick of being the only helpful one and never having it paid back in any way. And now with the 30+ hour a week training im doing for my other job, i need all the time off i can get. THI...
(continues)
Ohfrigginreally

May 6, 2012, 12:24 PM
Sometimes you have to say "No". I notice my job will find someone to cover for them sometimes or my boss (who gets paid a salary for things like this ) will have to come up with a solution or stay.
soundwave

May 6, 2012, 12:29 PM
but we have no one who could cover. And it is a legitimate medical excuse. If i thought my dad was having a heart attack, i wouldnt be at work.
tacmus

May 6, 2012, 1:46 PM
even if hell is freezing and demons walk the earth you have a choice, you can say no, you have a life too and have important things to do, 1 time..my bad, 2 times...a favor, 3 times...i'm the stupid one! ๐Ÿคจ
Jellz

May 7, 2012, 7:35 AM
Then the store closes at 3 instead of 8. ๐Ÿ˜›
Massively

May 10, 2012, 12:15 PM
you're gonna go to heaven for your good deeds ๐Ÿ™‚

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.