Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Why. Do. Some. People have. to.. talk. like...this.?

RageLevel-RISING

Feb 10, 2012, 6:29 PM
Seriously, it gets on my nerves, man!

Cust: "I'm calling....about....my..bill.... whyyyyy..do. *I*... need to. payyyy... this... bill? " (and the entire call the person is talking like this, like William Shatner, only to an exponentially more annoying degree)

Me: *ripping hair out my head*
Jellz

Feb 11, 2012, 12:15 PM
Or chats (online) where they end each line with '...' like "Thanks..." or something. It drives me crazy, making me think I said something wrong or they think they're talking with a robot or something. Blah.
skoobertdoo

Feb 11, 2012, 1:57 PM
... means pause in the English language

I use .... all the time because i'm hitting the blunt everytime I type that in 🤣 🤣 🤣
Jellz

Feb 11, 2012, 1:59 PM
No. No. PERIOD (.) means stop. COMMA (,) means pause. ELLIPSIS (...) means trailing off or omitting something. It implies skepticism in a conversation when used at the end of sentences, like "OK, I understand..." as opposed to "OK, I understand."
skoobertdoo

Feb 11, 2012, 3:00 PM
I'm sorry. iono what i was even thinking lol. I'm pretty sure the best way to use it is if you're abbreviating a speach

example: President Ken once said "Don't ask what can you do for your...."

Right?
Jellz

Feb 11, 2012, 4:13 PM
That's covered under 'omission.' For instance, if you're quoting someone, you can go

"Don't ask... ask what you can do for your country."
skoobertdoo

Feb 11, 2012, 5:46 PM
I feel like I'm in school all over again. 🤣
famoussasjohn

Feb 13, 2012, 9:10 AM
That's a pet peeve of mine that I have with people I chat with. It's like they are telling a story and it's a cliff hanger each time they submit a message.

"I have a phone..."
"that I don't like..."
"I want to..."
"possibly return it for a new phone...."
"I just don't want to pay..."
"the restocking fee."

I just want to type "TYPE IT ALL OUT TOGETHER!" 👿
Candall

Feb 13, 2012, 9:38 AM
he's... very focused on... running... the helm of... the Starship Enterprise.
famoussasjohn

Feb 13, 2012, 10:36 AM
🤣
dilligaff1

Feb 13, 2012, 12:31 PM
Beam me up Scotty. There....is.....no....intelligent...life... in the....Cell...Phone.....Custys!!!!! 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.