Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Unauthorized Downloads

keshakho

Feb 8, 2012, 10:19 PM
Can somebody give me scenarios where a customer would be enrolled to monthly subscriptions? Is this really unauthorized or they didnt pay attention and downloaded them by accident? Im sick and tired of these type of calls.
famoussasjohn

Feb 9, 2012, 10:36 AM
Horoscopes, ringtones (the ones you see on tv like TEXT 234324 for yadada). There's all kinds. They do it knowingly because they have to text them and agree to the charges.
HatesBlackberrys

Feb 9, 2012, 2:43 PM
I think he meant to ask for a legit example of when a customer doesn't subscribe to one of these.

Only one I can possibly think of is one where customer just starts service with a newly assigned number and is getting spam text from the previous number's user on what they subscribed to.
keshakho

Feb 9, 2012, 5:37 PM
Thanks.. I thought this is something scary that they would be charged for something they dont know at all
Fredd

Feb 10, 2012, 10:09 AM
It usually is an oversight.
There are several places out on the internet that will subscribe you to a service if you enter your wireless number. General rule - read the small print, and do not enter your wireless number online within sights you are not regularly using!
Fredd

Feb 10, 2012, 10:09 AM
and sorry, meant "sites" (TGIF!)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.