Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Why do some customers not understand security...

SEM

Jan 25, 2012, 6:52 PM
We had a customer come into the store to purchase a phone and when we get to the end of the transaction and tell this person his total he hands us a check. The customer is a male and the check has the name of a female at the top. We tell this customer that in order to run a check through the ECA, he must have the check writer here with a photo ID and he instantly goes nuts. He tells us to call the bank and verify funds, which has nothing to do with the interaction. This back and forth conversation goes on for about five minutes until he storms out of the store. Why do customers not understand that this is done to protect the CUSTOMER. If a place allowed someone to use a check of mine without checking ID, I would be furious.
soundwave

Jan 25, 2012, 6:57 PM
most customers are dumb.
kissesssss

Jan 25, 2012, 11:15 PM
he was trying to commit id theft. good job sticking to your guns and not letting him intimidate you into doing it
wire5

Jan 25, 2012, 11:23 PM
all the time at the bookstore I worked. The owner was anal about cheaking ID; even for Credit card. Unless the customer was an uber regular.
Tomdg07

Jan 27, 2012, 2:33 PM
I tried to pay both the cable bill and the water bill with my girls debit card yesterday and got denied at both locations... I do it all the time and while I was disappointed they sent me away I made no fuss as I know thats how it's supposed to be.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.