Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

anyone else guilty of this?

soundwave

Jan 19, 2012, 1:04 PM
Do you ever pass on the opportunity to try and make a sale, just because the person is being so stupid you dont want to talk to them?

I had a customer this morning who was asking for the price of the phones without contract as she needed 1 phone as a replacement. I told her price and asked why she didnt want the contract, and her response was that they were entertaining the idea of going to another carrier. I explained that even if she upgraded and cancelled if she decided to change, the etf would be less than the cost of the outright phone price.

She looks at me and goes, "yeah but we have a family plan and are thinking of switching EVERYONE over."

🤨

I said "yes but you only need 1 phone, so 1 upgrade and the cost of a si...
(continues)
Fredd

Jan 19, 2012, 4:35 PM
I effectively gave up a sale a few years ago when a customer asked me what the best phone for texting while driving was. When I told her that there was no such thing and texting while driving was extremely danerous, she got mad and hung up on me.

I had no regrets for my reply.
soundwave

Jan 19, 2012, 6:21 PM
Thats how i feel. i can try but i cant fix stupid
Fredd

Jan 23, 2012, 10:28 AM
True, you cannot fix stupid, just pray it does not run into you while texting!
Jellz

Jan 20, 2012, 8:16 AM
Oh yes. Especially if their brand of stupid takes me overtime (since even if I'm done with my time, I have to finish the chats I was on), I'll just stop caring and focus on getting them out of their ASAP. Messing with my stats taking me overtime :\
PhonemanJ

Jan 21, 2012, 2:58 PM
I understand your frustration. However, some people are under the impression that all of the lines in a family plan are under the same contract and if they sign a new contract on 1 line, it will extend the contracts on all of the other lines on the accout. So the customer was thinking that they would not have 1 line to pay the ETF on, but 4. Sometimes the salesperson needs to listen to what the customer asks or says instead if it jsst being the other way around. With the right explanation, you might have made the sale, and maybe even kept the customer from porting out.
olderthandirt

Jan 21, 2012, 5:06 PM
And sometimes they have oatmeal for brain matter.
soundwave

Jan 21, 2012, 6:24 PM
Thank you. Some people just dont get it.
soundwave

Jan 21, 2012, 6:23 PM
"I said "yes but you only need 1 phone, so 1 upgrade and the cost of a single etf would be less than the cost of an outright phone." "

i did tell her it would be 1 upgrade, and 1 single etf.

How many times do you repeat yourself until they get it? 50? 100?

I dont care if they port out or not, i do 3 carriers. A port to another company would actually pay me more.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.