Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

is it too much to ask....

techrepgirl

Jan 4, 2012, 12:46 PM
Is it too much to ask for a simple thank you after having spent 2 hours troubleshooting a device as a courtesy??
(a phone that, by the way, I was not required to troubleshoot. I could have just been a bitch and left it as warranty voided, but I felt bad for her.)
I mean, seriously, what happened to simple courtesy? I spend two hours fixing the mess she made out of the Iphone that she should never have been sold because let's face it, no 90 year old woman needs an Iphone. I get no thank you or anything other than her saying, it's about time followed by her hanging up.
I really wish they'd make a law where you have to be able to pass an IQ test before you can get a smartphone!!
*End rant lol* ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Steve Jobes

Jan 4, 2012, 12:55 PM
If you think that owning a smartphone merits passing an IQ test, you really should be questioning your own intelligence.
techrepgirl

Jan 4, 2012, 1:01 PM
sorry if that hit a nerve but 95 percent of my calls are people who do not knowhow to use the phone or apparently read the the manual, to me, this says they are too stupid to own the phone.
HatesBlackberrys

Jan 4, 2012, 2:03 PM
How so? I think he/she is right. Too many people with smartphones that have less IQ than the phone contains. Honestly, over 1/2 my customer claim to throw away their owners manual. And then they ask stupid questions about using the phone that was in said manual.
Steve Jobes

Jan 4, 2012, 3:42 PM
Do you literally believe that it should be illegal to own a smartphone without having passed a set intelligence level?

That's not even big government; that's insanity.
HatesBlackberrys

Jan 4, 2012, 5:30 PM
But it would work. If anything, those people that REALLY, REALLY want one would attempt to increase their IQ and the overall education level in our country would rise a bit.
iljaaf21

Jan 5, 2012, 10:55 AM
After working at both GameStop and AT&T, I have to say there definitely are a lot of people in this world that have devices that are smarter than them. But most of them are just too stubborn to learn how to use their devices. Passing a law that you have to have a certain IQ to purchase said devices is ridiculous. Educate your customer before you sell them a device that's too advanced for them.
Your job is to sell them on the correct device for their needs. Not just sell them smartphones. ๐Ÿคจ
Fredd

Jan 5, 2012, 12:36 PM
I do not think anyone was serious with that comment. There is normally a lot of venting here, such comments are a sign of frustration not serious proposals.

However, I do see a LOT of people with devices smarter than they are!
dilligaff1

Jan 4, 2012, 6:09 PM
I must say I agree w/you but if that was the case w/ IQ test's, We wouldn't Have JOBS. ๐Ÿคฃ
Stryphor

Jan 4, 2012, 11:06 PM
techrepgirl said:
I really wish they'd make a law where you have to be able to pass an IQ test before you can get a smartphone!!
*End rant lol* ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Maybe not an IQ test, but a general knowledge of tech at least. Dont get me started on how many grandmothers I get ordering/using iPhones "Just to say they have a better phone then their grandkids."
dilligaff1

Jan 4, 2012, 11:32 PM
At least the 'Square Peg in a Round Hole" test ๐Ÿคฃ
PhonemanJ

Jan 7, 2012, 1:57 PM
I don't find that it is so much wanting to have a better phone than the grandkids. I find it is more along the line of "I really didn't want a smartphone (fill in the blank of type), but my son/daughter/grandchildren said that I should get this one." then they spin 6 hours in the store wanting me to set everything up for them and asking 6000 questions on how to use it, because they don't want to learn. I keep wanting to tell them that they should take it to the person who told them to get the darned thing and have them do all the work.
Da_Bonehead

Jan 9, 2012, 3:07 PM
Usually they return the device on a 30day satisfaction guarantee and get something simpler. I also have an individual who got a smartphone for business because their colleagues use them, an they come in once every 2 weeks to have us add their new contacts and help them find their E-Mail. Then the same colleagues told her she could use her smartphone as a WiFi hotspot to teather her laptop. (Smacks Forehead)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.