Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

To the CCare rep with the T&Cs memorized..

Hombre07

Sep 30, 2011, 8:31 AM
Do any of you know this woman?

Called in yesterday with a guest to see about a microcell. She had coverage at her home, new phone didn't pick it up, and it was bad enough to switch. She wasn't into paying $200 for a microcell so I was going to see if we could get one at no cost.

Me: Hi, my name is hombre07, I am an authorized retailer and I have custy on the line with me, she is having some service issues at home and we wanted to ask some questions about them.

Rude rep: AT&T does not guarantee coverage in your home area 100% of the time.

Me: Right, I know that, but we can still ask questions to see why it's like that and see if we can do anything about it. Maybe a warranty claim, or a SIM card, or a degraded tower, or a Microcel...
(continues)
melrhodes

Sep 30, 2011, 8:46 AM
...you called telesales? 🤨
Hombre07

Sep 30, 2011, 10:00 AM
No. Straight up customer care.
melrhodes

Sep 30, 2011, 1:58 PM
agent having a bad day probably
Hombre07

Oct 1, 2011, 10:24 AM
I thought the same, because we all have bad days. But I'd like to keep my job.
iljaaf21

Sep 30, 2011, 9:57 AM
And this is why I hope and pray to the flying spaghetti monster that every call really is recorded for traing and quality purposes.
You couldn't get any kind of CCID out of it? That blows, man.
Hombre07

Sep 30, 2011, 10:02 AM
Nothing. Don't remember her name, and she never pulled or noted the account.

And I totally understand service isn't guaranteed. But what if it was a bad SIM? Or a bad phone? Or a tower that was down? Or a provision on the account?

It would be a perfect "don't do this" call. Can't script this kind of rude service.
Jellz

Oct 1, 2011, 12:23 PM
That sounds gross. If I knew that person, I would stab them for you.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.