Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 97 replies

funniest thing you have ever said to a customer.....

jbetch

Jun 8, 2005, 11:25 AM
ok, so i know this is a bit of a repost of a thread from feb., but it has been a few months since, and i bet there are some just crazy stories to be told. what was the funniest, meanest, wierdest, etc thing you have ever said to someone in your store.
Doppelganger

Jun 9, 2005, 6:41 PM
i dunno.. this was more mean than funny.. but i had this one woman call me about her account - she was completely adamant that since she started service a year ago, she has had the mobile to mobile feature provisioned on her call. checking her account, i found out she had called a bunch of other times arguing the same thing, and every rep she spoke to so far has told her that no, she's never had mobile to mobile and because she's on a one-year contract, she doesn't qualify for this free feature anyway. she's been told she can add this for a price. she's refused, each time.

i advised the customer this time again of the exact same thing and told her that no matter how many times she called, she'll never get a re-rate or another answ...
(continues)
SpArkY101

Jun 22, 2005, 11:08 AM
nice!
Vatothe0

Jun 9, 2005, 6:54 PM
A customer called regarding their $300 bill. I explained that when you're on a 400 minute plan and use 900 minutes, your billed for those extra minutes. He swore up and down he didn't use his phone that much. I read off some of the longer calls and he claimed he had no idea what they were. I told him the best thing to do would be for me to shut his service off to stem the problem and that I'd forward him to our fraud department and get him to the police for him to file a fraud report. Suddenly, he kind of did remember making all those calls.
bigshaun

Jul 20, 2005, 1:48 PM
🤣 Good one I'll have to use that next time
axess_denied

Aug 4, 2005, 1:29 PM
I have dealt with quite a few people in similar situations, everyone abuses their rate plans and then they never expect to be held accountable.
XPDX

Jun 11, 2005, 12:42 AM
... customer called in for pretty common call plan review. at some point during the call the customer said something that reminded me of the movie "2001 a space oddyssey", so I to said: " sir, if you can tell me what the H A L in HAL9000 means, I'll credit your account five dollars". he didin't get it exactly right, but close enough I issues a $5 credit to account and another $5 for playing
PsYkE

Jun 11, 2005, 2:25 PM
lol wtf... You should be working for a game show not a cell phone company! 😛
blueSST_TX

Aug 26, 2005, 12:54 AM
this post here makes my day..damn that is funny !!! 🤣
Tampa_VZW_Jim

Jun 21, 2005, 4:17 PM
This reminds me of a time when a customer came into my kiosk inside Circuit City and bought 3 lines from me...the story goes like this: It was a relatively slow night and someone comes up 30 mins. before close. We had a conversation and I ended up selling him on 3 phones. He was asking me to offer him something that we didn't have on special, a BOGO on a high end phone. I went ahead and did it for the sake of selling a few phones. He wanted accessories free, I met him halfway with that. After receiving payment I explained the activation fees to him and he insisted on only paying 1 of the 3 activation fees. I look at him, look at my watch (it was 25 mins after closing) and I said in a straight face "Do I look like Monty Hall? Do you thin...
(continues)
cingcing

Jun 21, 2005, 4:36 PM
I've found that you can usually say whatever you want as long as you have a smile on your face
Tampa_VZW_Jim

Jun 21, 2005, 4:53 PM
Well almost...Once I tried telling someone that (we can't credit a bill because of overages that they made themselves) with a smile. It didn't go over too well 🤣 🤣 he threatened to beat me up 🤣 🤣
lil_lara

Jul 1, 2005, 4:58 PM
cingcing said:
I've found that you can usually say whatever you want as long as you have a smile on your face

THAT IS TOTALLY TRUE
repCB

Jul 29, 2005, 5:13 PM
I wish that'd work over the phone
axess_denied

Aug 4, 2005, 12:31 PM
They say you can hear a smile over the phone... try it that way?
SpArkY101

Jun 22, 2005, 11:10 AM
i'll remember that
Doppelganger

Jun 30, 2005, 4:59 PM
this may sound stupid, but a friend of mine who also works in care with me decided it would be hillarious to call care as a prank and tell them she'd give their supervisor a compliment on their behalf if they listened to an entire metallica song. that rep did it, too. the rep got a compliment, too. awesome.
lil_lara

Jul 1, 2005, 4:59 PM
okay you have too much time on you hands 🙂
texaswireless

Jun 30, 2005, 5:27 PM
And people wonder why Cingular is tightening up the credit system.
LuciferTMO

Jun 11, 2005, 12:04 PM
In a retail store, a customer had lost their antenna, or more correctly wanted us to replace the antenna at no cost, because he considered the ability for it to come out a manufacturer's defect. Now, I'm not a huge jerk, and if we had had a spare antenna I would have been more than happy to give it to him, and after rustling around the back with no results, I apologized and told him exactly that. He began to get aggravated with me and argue, and we argued back and forth (I like to argue sometimes) until I realized the logistical problem, so I told him that he can ask all he'd like to, but he "might as well ask me for a human sized waffle because I've just as many of those in the back as I do antennas."
SpArkY101

Jun 22, 2005, 11:11 AM
hahahahahahaha 🤣
axess_denied

Aug 4, 2005, 12:34 PM
LMFAO! That is great... Nex time tell the customer you're out of antennae but you have plenty of paper clips and roll of tape, see wht kind of reaction you get 😛
cingcing

Jun 11, 2005, 5:05 PM
We have a couple of guys that come into our store form time to time that are, lets say, "Intellectually Challenged." Usually drunk and also usually parked on the curb about 2 feet from our front door in thier big "chester van."
One time they came in cause they wanted to add time to their pre-paid account and my co-worker told one of them that he could get a camera attachment for his motorola t-120. He totally bought it. What's worse he came about 2 weeks later and asked me if I knew where to find one. I didn't have the heart to tell him they don't exist so I told him to go to best buy across the street.
cingular rep69

Jun 11, 2005, 5:52 PM
It could just be me, but being a rep, we have to deal w/ dumb things that dealers tell custs... even if the cust is an idiot/drunk whatnot, still is no right to tell him things that aren't fact. For future ref please give custs correct and accurate info, so they don't call us yelling about what a dealer advs them... it seems to happen alot. Which is sad our custs are treated the way they are...
everman

Jun 11, 2005, 6:14 PM
Is could just just me, or do people just go out of their way to try to take the fun out of something on this forum.
This is not the appropriate thread to be a retentive jerk.
Go to one of the 12 different customer service threads where people will actually care about what you say.
elihuspeaks

Jun 11, 2005, 6:21 PM
There's also a difference between having an angry yelling customer in your store and dealing with one over the phone.

On the phone, if worse comes to worse, you just hit the release button and they are GONE never to bother you again.

In the store, they can (and do) come back day after day to harrass and otherwise bother us sales reps. There are certain customers - who when we see them walking across the parking lot - start a fight amongst the sales reps as to who has to help them this time . . .

Stores (particular agent stores) exist primarily for sales - and some customer like to come in and waste our time. I try not to get too mad at them - they probably don't understand that we get paid on commission and that customer care coul...
(continues)
cingular rep69

Jun 11, 2005, 6:43 PM
about the release button part, unfortunatly i do combined billed custs, so i get the same custs over and over and over, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day... trust me i understand how working in the store is, i have done it before. My only thing is just when a dealer does give wrong info, it comes back to us sometimes before the store, and than we have to call the store and so on.. I am just saying please don't give inaccurate info, because then I have to listen to something I can't control. Mostlikely I am going to send them back dealers way anyhow. I wasn't trying to be snotty or rude, i was just speaking my mind, and Everman got offended, thats to damn bad.
elihuspeaks

Jun 11, 2005, 7:17 PM
My point was only this - when that same customer calls in two or three times in a day, you still make the same amount of money.

When the same customer comes back to me (for no good reason) two or three times a day, I make less money, because I'm busy helping them when legitimate leads walk into our store. One of the other reps helps them even though I'm 'up' and I lose my bonuses.

I have no problem helping customers with legitimate concerns. That's part of my job - and that's why I make an hourly base pay instead of ONLY bonuses, but some customers can be absolutely infuriating!
PsYkE

Jun 14, 2005, 11:40 AM
If a customer comes back to you because someone else told them there was a camera attachment for their phone - then you can't blame the customer. He may be a PITA, but it was that rep who told him false information on purpose... out of humor. It wouldn't be funny anymore would it? I agree w/ cingular rep69... & I don't find the humor in giving someone false info.
axess_denied

Aug 4, 2005, 12:52 PM
Giving a customer false info is ignorant, and it makes you look bad, not just the company. If you work on commisiion you should be worried that even the drunks may not come back to you. I always try to treat the drunks the best, they usually like to come in and ask for you specifically and they always add bolts and forget to take them off. 😉
Doppelganger

Jun 19, 2005, 3:57 PM
you're lucky you make bonuses.. we (as phone reps) have to deal with customers' crap all day, every day for the same hourly wage no matter what we do or how long it takes us. when a store rep lies to them, they call us, we have no notes on it and have to explain why we just can't do what they were told about. you may not like dealing with the same customer problem every day or so, but trust me, when you're on the phone (on the front-lines no less) dealing with this stuff every day, every call and every customer start to sound the same. in essence, we have to deal with the same customer every day, almost every call.

but don't get me wrong, i love pissing off people who call me.. 😁
larsie

Jul 19, 2005, 5:54 PM
one time i was speaking w/ a cust over the phone whose last name was phoo ,pronounced foo,(can you see where this is going?) i was trying very hard to concentrate on the conversation and i had to quickly reference his name as we were heatily discussing his bill, and yes i did it i called him mr poo.
simplymarcus

Jul 19, 2005, 9:42 PM
I had a customer say Jehovah is going to kill you all kill you all dead.
cingcing

Jun 11, 2005, 7:35 PM
cingular rep69 said:
about the release button part, unfortunatly i do combined billed custs, so i get the same custs over and over and over, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day... trust me i understand how working in the store is, i have done it before. My only thing is just when a dealer does give wrong info, it comes back to us sometimes before the store, and than we have to call the store and so on.. I am just saying please don't give inaccurate info, because then I have to listen to something I can't control. Mostlikely I am going to send them back dealers way anyhow. I wasn't trying to be snotty or rude, i was just speaking my mind, and Everman got offended, thats to damn bad.

Do you have ANY idea how many ti...
(continues)
elihuspeaks

Jun 11, 2005, 7:45 PM
This is true . . .

I had a number of times lately when customer care told customer with billing problems to come back to my store and that I would credit them for going over on their minutes!

I work for an indirect dealer! It's really embarrassing and maybe half the time the customers think that I'm lying to them. One when dealing with an especially irate customer who had been told by CC that I would credit his account, I just flipped the monitor on my computer around with his account info (he was the only person in the store) and said "do you see a CREDIT button anywhere on this screen?! I can access summaries of your account info, I can change your rate plan, I can add or delete features, but I CANNOT credit your account."

That...
(continues)
SpArkY101

Jun 22, 2005, 11:20 AM
hey thats a good tip
AVIOUS2001

Jul 28, 2005, 3:48 PM
I've had to deal with the same problems and, I'm gonna use that one next time.
bluesnot

Jul 15, 2005, 1:13 AM
Exactly! Thank you.
I probably deal with more customers who say that CARE gave them misinfo as opposed to the store. And I'm in care!

Personally, I'd much rather talk over the phone, even if I get the same guy over and over, because we CAN get away. What if you have some psycho that follows you home? Customers don't even know my real name, and since I can't tell them I'm from Canada, they don't even know what country I'm in.
verruckt

Jul 9, 2005, 2:31 PM
Just so you know, it works both ways. I don't know how many times I have customers that were told something on the phone that is absolutly rediculous, and come to me expecting it. But now their in my face yelling at me.

AS my call rep friend and I agree, there are as many stupid reps as their are call center people.
joerhy1505

Jul 11, 2005, 10:35 AM
we cant catorgize everyone together there are bad agent bad reps agents that just dont care anymore and reps that just dont care any more then there are good reps and good agents who do their job no matter what we all have to put but with all the same stupid bull**** cust.
cingular rep69

Jun 11, 2005, 6:33 PM
Well last time I chckd, i could voice my thoughts anywhere, not just at a specific forum. I am allowed and entitled to say that sometimes how dealers treat custs is terrible. I am not trying to take the fun out of anything, and if i did that for you with just making a comment, than you shouldn't let what people say hurt your feelings. I am a cust myself, and I know when I call my cust servc and they lie to me that pisses me off, funny to them or anybody else. Just so you know, everman, i will always say what i want. If i am being a retentive jerk, it doesn't matter. If you can't handle it, don't read what I put out there. Again don't get me wrong sometimes custs have it coming, but just think of who has to fix the f-up that you make, if it i...
(continues)
cingcing

Jun 11, 2005, 7:47 PM
You suck
everman

Jun 15, 2005, 11:32 AM
Who said you cant say what you want?

I said people like you are always speaking out in the wrong forums for the topic you wish to vent on.
To be honest I agree with you about misinforming customers, and even though I am in sales, I find myself taking care of customers better than customer care does.

The point is not whether you are right or wrong, or even whether or not you are a retentive jerk.
The point is that you shouldnt preach to the choir about customer service when this is not one of the many customer service threads.

Regardless, I already know what your response will be.
" I will always say what I want. If I am being a retentive jerk, it doesnt matter."
Youre right.
It doesnt.
I only post on this f...
(continues)
axess_denied

Aug 4, 2005, 12:58 PM
LMAO I think you're on to something everman! And Cingular Rep69, don't bitch at these guys, call Stan Sigman out, he's the tool that runs your company, make him aware of the problems and let him know that little things like this make your job difficult. And if you really want to bleed your heart and help the customers, you uber helpful call center guy, get the info you need to let Stan Sigman know which agents are doing this stuff. Maybe then you'll get results, in the mean time, just know that your ability to hang up on a customer (even at combined billing) is much better than our ability as front line sales reps to get idiots out of our stores. You don't have to call the fuzz to get a custmer out of your headset! 😁
cingular__rep

Jun 13, 2005, 3:20 PM
i agree. i usually have a strong hatred for dealers
jamesm

Jul 9, 2005, 3:18 PM
im sorry to state this but dealers have the same problem with what customer care states to the the customer. And with no access into account info makes us both look bad
axess_denied

Aug 4, 2005, 1:01 PM
Dealers and Agents for Cingular aren't idiots because they want to be. They are idiots because most of them aren't trained. Cingular is horrible about communicating changes and adequatly training their front line agents. Forget blaming the dealers all the time, blame the CORPORATION they are the ones who keep the dealers in business!
AVIOUS2001

Jul 28, 2005, 3:41 PM
I do retail for VZW and I gotta say it goes both ways. Theres PLENTY of times when I have customers coming in who say that phone reps promised them the world, all of which are things I know I can t do.
Vatothe0

Jun 12, 2005, 11:35 PM
I have another one...

Customer called and wanted to know why his bill was so much. Explained that he went over his minutes by 200 or whatever and that was the resulting overage charge due to the .45 per minute overage rate. He then said it was illegal to charge that much for going over and that it wasn't right to charge at all! He was only 2 months into his service so I offered to re-rate him on a larger plan but that he'd need to stay on it for 3 months. Again he tells me he only needs the smallest plan because he shouldn't be charged for the other minutes.

It turned out he used so many minutes because he is a teacher and took some students on a trip and had to keep track of them in New York.

I finally asked him, "I tak ...
(continues)
SpArkY101

Jun 22, 2005, 11:23 AM
oooooo hahahahaha
aemsafd

Jul 1, 2005, 9:06 AM
I had to call up one store in our district. They currently sell Verizon and Sprint. However, a few months back they carried US Cellular before they switched to CDMA. When I called this store, the manager answered and I just started on a rant. I complained for five full minutes, not letting him get a word in edgewise. I said that the salesman "tricked" me into buying a phone, that he "made" me buy a $50 warranty for a $30 phone, on and on and on. They haven't sold this service in several months, so he knows this is one cuckoo customer! Anyway, after screaming and yelling, I give him a chance to respond. He takes a deep breath, and tries to defend our company and resolve the specific problems I have. He starts to "help" me, then I tel...
(continues)
jamesm

Jul 9, 2005, 2:57 PM
I was on this call for over an hour ok. Nice little old lady just wanting to add another line into her account so i gather her info place her on hold get approval through manual review. i Reconnect to the customer. "now debbie i got some great news! I just saved a bunch of money by switchin my car insurence to gieco" made her laugh and smile and finished my night.
bluesnot

Jul 15, 2005, 1:22 AM
That is awesome.
Fricken Awesome.
I love it.
jamesm

Jul 15, 2005, 7:39 PM
Now this wasnt to a customer but our internal review dept. My name is james telesales north idaho rep id: and the first initial of my last name is M as in MOOOO. The review dept rep fell out of their seat i heard a thud through the phone i made their day too.
stevelvl

Jul 11, 2005, 10:42 AM
the funniest thing i have ever said to a customer?

well one time i powered a customers phone up and right on the main screen was a picture of his tally wacker. i looked him straight in the eye and said "if mine was that small i sure would not have a picture of it on my phone!" the girl he was with just broke out laughing and he turned beat read and started sputtering and grabbed his phone and ran out the door!
madpuffcalm

Aug 4, 2005, 6:15 PM
thats pretty good dude.
joerhy1505

Jul 11, 2005, 11:00 AM
This cust i had the other day called in wanted to know why we werent checking onthe numbers that he got when i tried to explain that the numbers are automatically populated unless you want to choose your number he got irate wanted to know what kind of cust serv we were... i then explained we had 56 million cust. and that i wasnt going to go check them all but he was more the welcome to if he wanted to come in and apply for a job to do that then he wanted to talk to my sup. i told him i have to go check on 56 million cust. phone numbers and i would get a supervisor on the phone as soon as i was done and placed him on hold.....
rep12345

Jul 19, 2005, 10:34 AM
joerhy1505 said:
This cust i had the other day called in wanted to know why we werent checking onthe numbers that he got when i tried to explain that the numbers are automatically populated unless you want to choose your number he got irate wanted to know what kind of cust serv we were... i then explained we had 56 million cust. and that i wasnt going to go check them all but he was more the welcome to if he wanted to come in and apply for a job to do that then he wanted to talk to my sup. i told him i have to go check on 56 million cust. phone numbers and i would get a supervisor on the phone as soon as i was done and placed him on hold.....

HUH? haha you lost me.
axess_denied

Aug 4, 2005, 1:07 PM
Makes no sense, try to dumb it down for those of us who speak English. It is too hard to read your diahrea of the fingers.
VZWPort

Jul 13, 2005, 2:33 AM
Okay so this was a call that I had actually monitored of a cust svc rep. The cust had called in asking about how to rcv faxed on their hdst. Well, the rep informed the customer that the fax actually prints out the back of their LG VX6100 and there is never a need to refill it with paper. I about fell out of my chair when I heard that. LOL 🤣
axess_denied

Aug 4, 2005, 1:10 PM
What an A$$-Hat! People like that are the reason irrate customers exist. If that kind of sh*t gets reps off they might as well work for chucky cheese so they can run around tell people the "Rat is real and he will steal pizza, oh yeah and he really is playing the electric guitar on stage!" Now that I have stuck up for customer service philosophies, good work, I new that damn LG had a paper jam...
bluesnot

Jul 15, 2005, 1:39 AM
A gophone customer wanted a credit on his account because he used all his minutes and didn't want to make another pymt for a few days. He just wanted to be able to use his voicemail. I said "sorry, no", and he spent about 20 mins begging and trying to convince me.
He finally said "But what if someone has an emergency? What if they're dying and they leave a message? I won't be able to help them because YOU won't give me a dollar! Do you want that on your conscience?"
He called me a b|tch and hung up after I replied "Well sir, I'm hoping that if someone's dying they'll call 911 instead of your voicemail."
shortchick

Jul 15, 2005, 9:51 AM
that right ther is funny and I don't care who ya are!
jamesm

Jul 15, 2005, 7:40 PM
please father forgive me. 🤣
santasbluehelper

Jul 15, 2005, 11:59 PM
Humm lets see a few of the winners i've had over the past months:

"Sir i will gladly sent you a peace of paper stating that when you sent me a piece of paper stating that you can't watch NBC on your radio." My sup in a m2m dispute.

"We wouldn't have this problem if you would pay your bill." My sup on another escalation.

"Mam i can will glad fix your phone for you, but I can't while your talking on it. Its kinda like you trying to replace your the engine of your car while your driving down the high-way." Me and a brain dead cust.

"Sir I can't fix your phone, becuase you do not have it with you. Its kinda like asking a mechanic to work on your car when you don't bring it to the garage." The woman husband called in an hour lat...
(continues)
aemsafd

Jul 16, 2005, 9:24 AM
I had a customer (probably drunk, definitely retarded) that wanted to cash a personal check that somebody wrote to his friend. Not written to him, and not to buy any of our products! He then tried to argue with me when I refused to take it! I actually told him with a straight face that a check is only as good as the person who wrote it. He then became upset and said "This check is good. It's just like money. This isn't something that you would through on the floor and step on." He then did exactly that, started stomping on the check there in my store. I asked him to leave, but only after seeing how long he would jump on his check.
axess_denied

Aug 4, 2005, 1:18 PM
That is too good! I am amazed at what some idiots will do. Drunk. 🤣
loyalty101

Jul 19, 2005, 7:01 AM
A couple of times i've accidently asked a female customer "what can i do TO you?" instead of "FOR you."

Heh, the one time she actualy asked where i was.
knowledge

Jul 19, 2005, 12:33 PM
i had a girl ci and she was mad about her 411 charges... she had like 50.00 in 411 charges and she wanted them credited back because she couldn't afford it - i told her if she couldn't afford it then don't use it, and that it would be cheaper for her to put a phonebook in her car and use that instead -- then she hung up on me and that was the end of that call.
heather05

Jul 25, 2005, 5:08 PM
Wasn't me but a buddy of mine was sitting at his desk a customer stormed at him through her bill on his desk went on for about 10 minutes about her bill and he just sit there smiling. After she hushed he told her I have good news and bads new. I can't do anything about your bill you must call cust. service but the good news is that I just saved a $100 dollars by switching to Gieco. I loved it...
daddydogg_00

Jul 25, 2005, 10:04 PM
Well I have no cajones to say these things to a customer but a buddy of mine in a corp store, not cingular, once was being smart to a customer and when the customer asked him if he was being smart the kid said yes and the customer was so baffled he had no clue what to say. Another time this customer kept asking for a renewal price on a new phone when she still had like 16 months on her current contract and when he kept saying no. He finally got so annoyed he actually said to the lady, "do you think we are running a charity here?"
JephMan

Jul 26, 2005, 5:10 PM
I had a customer that was trying to get a "deal" and he kept badering me with the same questions over and over....so I replied with...in my best Chris Tucker voice

Do you understand the words coming out my mouth...
Nikoletta

Aug 3, 2005, 8:05 PM
It wasn't something that I said to the customer so much as the whole conversation that had the rest of the call-floor rolling in the aisles. I work in Telesales (god help me)... and this actually wasn't me, it was the guy sitting about two seats away from me... We played it for everybody to listen to over a speaker because it was just too much.

The call rang through and he gave his opening line "Thank you for calling... my name is... may I have your name please?"

The response (in a slow drawling and probably stoned voice.) "Yes... My name is James and I am... The Lord... Jesus... Christ..." (all the ... indicate places he paused for up to 30 seconds at a time.)

There was a pause on the line and then my partner in crime responded. "...
(continues)
axess_denied

Aug 4, 2005, 11:58 AM
While working for Best Buy, I got a customer to buy a Product Service Plan by telling him if he didn't and his camcorder broke his wife would think he was a jackass for not paying a measly extra 149.99 for 4 years of service! That is customer service. Too bad I wasn't commission
KCShadowDragon

Aug 4, 2005, 12:07 PM
Now that's funny. 🤣
completewireless

Aug 4, 2005, 12:54 PM
Customer called my little indirect store in the mall about not getting reception at her house. i explained why and she wasn't happy. she asked what i was going to do about the problem to which i replied, "OK I'll give T-mobile a call and see what i can do about having a tower installed in your backyard." she said thanks and hung up before i told her i was kidding. f-in rediculous.

the funniest thing i've seen so far was a poor little old lady who came to return her phone because it was "broken". apparently she couldn't get a dial tone to place outgoing calls!
madpuffcalm

Aug 4, 2005, 6:41 PM
Nothing too serious. But i got a kick outta it at least.
I take gophone payments daily. adding bonus minutes and the like. Well we happen to get ALOT, and i mean ALOT of spanish speaking customers. Well, i also just so happened to be the fifth of may.

"Thank you for Calling Cingular. my name is c. can i get your number please?"

"You Speaka Spanish?"

"No sir i dont, but i would be happy to transfer you......(pause for about 5 seconds)....and have a really great Cinco De Mayo.)

Needless to say, i dont really think he knew what the hell was going on.
Darque

Aug 4, 2005, 11:27 PM
I had a guy who wanted credit for three phones, after looking thru his account showed him where he had received the credit for two of the phone he asked about the third one which was stolen. advised him that if he can find that phone and return it to us I would be more that happy to issue him a credit for it but until it is return no credit will be issued. he did think it was very funny.
hishkebibble

Aug 5, 2005, 11:45 AM
just yesterday I had someone come up and say
"how much yall's deposits be??" 🙄 🙄
to which i replied, "that be YOUR deposit"
kalikidd21

Aug 5, 2005, 2:02 PM
wrapping up a phone conversation, i told the customer that " we looove your business" needless to say, this is after 3 cups of coffee in the morning, and im not a caffeine type of person. give it up for the smart girl in the office. 🤣
colione112

Aug 7, 2005, 2:26 AM
Ok... here's one. A customer came into the store and asked about the price of a phone. We told him and he said the other store(agent) had the phone cheaper, so we told him to go back there to get it if he wanted, but warned him about that stores history. 😕

Well, he's gone about 45 min. then he returns with a cingular bag in one hand and his phone in the other.

He tells us that we had to show him how to use it. (how to send a picture, very simple) When we went to show him how to use it, we saw it had been used for over 40 hours. We found out he paid 30 less for the phone. (the agent told him it was brand new) Trying to keep a serious face, we asked if it was worth the 30 savings as we told him, and showed him how much the phone ...
(continues)
wolfspider73

Aug 7, 2005, 2:30 PM
I was getting tag teamed by an irate husband and wife one night. they were calling in to cancel service on one of the additional lines on a family plan because their 13 year old was abusing his priveledges. I was in full save mode, offering alternatives to cancelling left right and center (temporary suspension of service, call restrictions, etc), which was making them even angrier. Then I informed the wife that by cancelling that line she would be subject to an early termination fee of $175 + tax. She flipped, got too mad to talk and handed the phone to her husband who immediately asked me where I worked. I told him I am not allowed to release that information and he asked if it was because I was afraid he was going to kill me. I replied tha...
(continues)
pissedoffrep

Aug 9, 2005, 1:16 PM
the funniest thing I think Ive ever said to a customer is in my greeting

" Thank you for calling cingular wireless we appreciate you MONEY how may I help you "
😳 I was so embarrassed I felt like a retard!!! 🤭
freedomrep

Aug 23, 2005, 6:18 PM
I work in a mall location so we get asked for mall directions (especially restrooms) all day long. I am eating, literally my McDonalds on the counter with a mouth full of food when a guy walks right up and says can you tell me where Nextel is? My DM is here that day walks over to the guy and says "how would you feel if you were sitting down at a restaurant eating lunch and I walked up and asked you where the nearest Wal-Mart is?? The guy just kinda looked at my DM for a second so My dm says to the guy Nextel is at the other end of the mall on the right side. When your done there we will gladly port your # for you.
petenick

Aug 25, 2005, 11:08 AM
guessing from your name you work for freedom wireless? if so, which mall? 🙂
freedomrep

Aug 25, 2005, 1:06 PM
Petenick, do you work for freedom as well???
petenick

Aug 25, 2005, 1:18 PM
yeah. this is one of our only "approved" sites to visit.
freedomrep

Aug 25, 2005, 1:23 PM
What do you mean "approved sites"??
petenick

Aug 25, 2005, 1:27 PM
hmm u dont know? we have a list of approved sites we are allowed to visit... it was given to me about 3 years ago when i started, maybe they stopped that policy and never told me. I try to follow them, dont want the VP coming in and catchin me on instant messenger or some blog site.
freedomrep

Aug 25, 2005, 1:34 PM
what location r u at!!I,ve been here for about 6 mo's and never got that list for the most part I only go wireless related sites anyway.I figure with the amount their paying me if I'm gonna surf it should be a benefit
petenick

Aug 25, 2005, 1:37 PM
very close to the main office in PA. and going to wireless sites will increase your knowledge and increase your sales, and pay! i'm guessing you are at a Verizon location?
freedomrep

Aug 25, 2005, 1:40 PM
Yep, u have cellone??
petenick

Aug 25, 2005, 1:44 PM
yes.
freedomrep

Aug 25, 2005, 1:44 PM
r u at hq???
petenick

Aug 25, 2005, 1:53 PM
nope. I'm not listed on our website, either, even though we've been in the same spot for like 7 years. i swear they never update it.
freedomrep

Aug 25, 2005, 1:57 PM
what do have on 2day?
dreadedknight

Aug 24, 2005, 4:28 PM
i was working in my telesales call center and a man called in he was asking to purchase a mobile phone so i toatly got him pumped up for it. i told him i co9uld get him a free phone and it was a 300 dollar value. he then asked me if there was any special deal i could cut for him. i told him well if you want sir were doing a special on shaving ciwawas and asked him if he had a chiwawa that he needed shaving. the cust said no. i responded thats too bad but at least you get to take advantage of this free phone huhh... then the man grunted and said i supose so... i got the sale and set him up.
Nikoletta

Aug 24, 2005, 7:33 PM
I swear to god I hate it when people ask for "special deals." I also hate it when people want every phone for free. Had a guy last night who was asking about the Samsung E335 which is currently 149.44 w/ a $50 mail in rebate... the E315 however is free. The only difference between the two... 335 has a speaker phone... 315 doesn't but it takes video clips instead. When I gave him the price on the 335 the first thing he said was "And there is no way that can be free." What made me grind my teeth was even as I was giving him the price on it I was mentally preparing myself to tell him no it could not be made to be free.

Then as I'm telling him about the activation fee...before I even finished the breath he asks "And that can not be waive...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.