Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

US Cellular and Joplin, MO

Pretty Keeley

May 31, 2011, 12:37 PM
I just want to say how great I think it is that US Cellular is providing a cellular solution for the people hit by this tragedy. They are providing charging stations for customers and non-customers alike at no charge. They are swapping out batteries for their customers for free (already a service provided by them.) They are also providing a hotspot for everyone to use to stay connected. What other cell phone carrier is going to such great lengths to make sure these people are taken care of? None that I know of. US Cellular believes in something better! 😁
Pretty Keeley

May 31, 2011, 2:08 PM
Thank you for the info. I hadn't done any research, but I hadn't heard of anyone else doing anything.
Arjuun

Jun 3, 2011, 10:07 PM
sprint is based out of Kansas city ks if you didnt know its less then a hour away from Joplin

and sprint is doing more then that they are doing food and donation drives at there centers for joplin also
desireuser442

Jun 6, 2011, 4:23 PM
yea i love their customer service...sarcastic @ sprint. and their service blows compared to us cellular. nuff said
olderthandirt

May 31, 2011, 2:07 PM
I think all the carriers pull together in these situations. Just good business and intent.
They are all there doing this.

Let us see who is there in 3 months though
Pretty Keeley

May 31, 2011, 2:09 PM
What do you mean let's see who will be there in 3 months?
IrishCarBomb

Jun 4, 2011, 10:11 AM
Exactly that, lets see who is still there in 3 months... its all good to toss some help in the short term, but continued help down the road matter much more and is a sign of truly caring and being concerned.
desireuser442

Jun 6, 2011, 4:28 PM
so you must be talking about us cellular then? cuz if you check our standings for customer service in the past, compare it to sprints, then come back to this thread.
Fredd

Jun 1, 2011, 10:05 AM
Here is info on AT&T's disaster response efforts:

http://www.att.com/Common/about_us/files/pdf/Vital_C ... »

also made a $50,000 grant to the Greater Ozarks Regional Chapter of the American Red Cross supporting storm relief in Joplin.
herbz

Jun 3, 2011, 2:20 PM
wow 200 bonus min that is like peeing on there cusotmers
IrishCarBomb

Jun 4, 2011, 10:07 AM
You are a tool...

Gotta love there "upgrade sooner" bs, where you pay extra for the plans that can do that, then simply get a discount on the phone, not even the full 2 year price.
Pretty Keeley

Jun 6, 2011, 2:47 PM
I'm a tool? Okay. 🙄

US Cellular's belief plans aren't for everyone, so depending on what plan current customers are on and what features they're interested in, it could cost more, it could save money.

When on a belief plan, should you choose to use your points for an early upgrade, you get the SAME DISCOUNT you would get for signing a 2-yr contract.

How is that BS? Hater.
desireuser442

Jun 6, 2011, 4:31 PM
its ignorance like yours irishcarbomb that makes me dislike other carriers. do you research, theres no extra fees AT ALL! simply have enough beleif points(which you get for just being in service,tool).
temporary

Jun 4, 2011, 12:08 PM
Do you believe that US Cellular did this out of the kindness of their heart?
FaeLynne

Jun 4, 2011, 1:14 PM
Almost NO large corporation gives things away (money, goods, etc) out of kindness. It's to put a good face on the company so consumers will look at them and say, "company X did this good deed, company Y didn't. I'll take my business to company Y."
temporary

Jun 4, 2011, 11:15 PM
Bingo. Is there anything wrong with that? God, no.
Pretty Keeley

Jun 6, 2011, 2:52 PM
both. Obviously it gets their name out there, but US Cellular's slogan is 'Believe in Something Better.'

US Cellular has provided FREE batteries for their customers for almost 3 years. When their own store was taken out bc of the storm, why not continue to practice this service, especially when cell phones are many's lifelines?
olderthandirt

Jun 6, 2011, 3:34 PM
The main thing is that the people there are having to rebuild their lives and we need to wish them the best. It could be any one of us down the road.

What ever is offered is good as long as it helps them rebuild their lives.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.