Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 23 replies

I HATE MY JOB!

lh1031

May 8, 2011, 9:00 AM
I hate that sometimes calls at tenty minutes apart and sometimes they are on top of each other.

I hate that I am twenty times smarter than anyone I interact with wether they be customers, coworkers, or supervisors.

I hate that I am micromanaged every minute of every day for every thing I do.

I hate that I hate it so much I dont want to help the customers anymore.

I hate even when you are trying to be a nice customer you still sound stupid.

I hate that when you try to be a smart customer you still come off as an idiot.

I hate that I can not get my schedule changed no matter how hard I try.

I hate that I can not find something else no matter how many applications I put out.

Im burnt out. I dont care about any of th...
(continues)
lh1031

May 8, 2011, 9:09 AM
Dont spell things for me like Im an idiot. I know how to spell Chevy. I am looking at your name. If I need yoru help spelling it I will let you know.
lh1031

May 8, 2011, 9:37 AM
QUIT PUSHING BUTTONS IN MY EAR! IT HURTS!
cynicaldreams

May 8, 2011, 2:46 PM
But I'm not able to understand you because there is a constant beeping noise on the line. Would you mind ensuring that your phone screen is locked.
olderthandirt

May 8, 2011, 3:50 PM
Maybe but I opened the memos on account after verifing and there was 14 attempts by someone trying to spell Toyota Corolla. And then they transfered blind to me when they could not do it

So try and understand their frustration also
callcenterrep69

May 8, 2011, 10:12 AM
agreed! How long have you been at a call center?
lh1031

May 8, 2011, 10:16 AM
two years
callcenterrep69

May 8, 2011, 11:13 AM
aww...you have much to learn youg padawat (or something like that)
lh1031

May 8, 2011, 11:21 AM
I dont see how people do this for more time!
callcenterrep69

May 8, 2011, 2:03 PM
Necessity is a b!tch...you kinda mentioned some of my struggles in your initial post...apply everywhere and get hired nowhere 😢
olderthandirt

May 8, 2011, 4:06 PM
I do not mind the people so much. Yes there are some real jerks out there. But most seem to just be normal. Frustrated at times but who wouldn't be at times.

I hate the way we are treated and the way they have removed all the bonuses except a sales bonus which they have gone to great pains to make it almost impossible to get regardless of how much you sell.

To cap it all. They made a mistake on our checks and some did not even get min wage. Those that worked the payday got a paper check for the difference and there was no attempt to call or let anyone else know there was an issue.
So maybe Monday we will get our corrected checks. They suck big time. And they expect us to care. My customers are all I can care about. Without th...
(continues)
lh1031

May 8, 2011, 12:28 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I HATE THAT IM BADLY TRAINED AND EXPECTED TO KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT EVERYTHING! IM SO FED UP!
lbc1127

May 8, 2011, 12:41 PM
Would you like a drink?
lh1031

May 8, 2011, 12:45 PM
No, just for the next 15 minutes to go by quicker.
lbc1127

May 8, 2011, 12:47 PM
It'll be over before you know it. Then you get in your car, let out a primal scream, turn up some music, and forget all about the wackos and know-it-alls that wasted your time today. I know it's hard not to get overwhelmed, frustrated, burnt out, etc. with all the issues we deal with on a daily basis.
Do you think you help at least one person today?
lh1031

May 8, 2011, 12:50 PM
Who cares if I did their problems are dumb.
lbc1127

May 8, 2011, 12:51 PM
agreed.
lh1031

May 8, 2011, 12:54 PM
Luckily I have not had any adjustments today just idiots talking about why they cant pay their bill and how they lost their phone and how their phone is broken.
Chaos

May 8, 2011, 1:08 PM
This is why I got out of the call center and into a store.
cynicaldreams

May 8, 2011, 2:35 PM
To be honest, if it weren't for the fact that I needed the money, I'd quit and just work part-time as a store rep.

I'm sorry things came to a head today, though, and I hope you feel better.

Whatever you do, don't fall into the Dark Side of the Nicotine.
me12

May 9, 2011, 10:01 AM
But the dark side tastes so sweet!!! 😁
famoussasjohn

May 9, 2011, 12:51 PM
Avaya just got wood..
me12

May 9, 2011, 6:20 PM
😲 I didn't realise what they could have ment... 🤭
reelbad

May 9, 2011, 9:12 PM
lh1031 said:
I hate that I am micromanaged every minute of every day for every thing I do.

THIS! 100% This. and they are heaping more and more on us and demanding that we do it all within a call. now I have to note both the account and track it several times and file 3 more things all while on a call. This job is becoming nothing but frustration.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.