Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

"I don't have a password on my gmail account."

cingcing

Apr 28, 2011, 6:45 PM
Yes, the f**k you do Mr. Customer. I don't know what it is, and I can't look it up. It's between you and google at this point.
BMDroid

Apr 28, 2011, 6:50 PM
If you're just market place work on an android phone have them make one up they can add the real one later. I assume this is what's going on. If it's just someone that comes in and can't remember their password **** I hate that.
Da_Bonehead

Apr 28, 2011, 6:53 PM
I think the biggest problem is that they have their contacts synced to G-Mail and they had to have their phone reset without backing it up to the SD card or they purchased apps and will lose that money they spent in them if they need to start a new G-Mail Account.
BMDroid

Apr 28, 2011, 7:17 PM
No the biggest problem is when they're just turning it on for the first time and they can't remember their gmail password and somehow expect you to figure it out. I hate that I know this guys pain.
IrishCarBomb

May 1, 2011, 2:50 PM
No, I would say the worst is the customer that set up a gmail and forgot the username and password, and then after 6 months of using the phone, syncing all their contacts to that account and that account only, etc. breaks or loses their phone, then gets bent you can't magically make the gmail account reappear on the new phone without knowing the username and password. Then they go off for 30 minutes about how they were told it would back up all their contacts and apps for them and that it is our fault, yada yada yada... that is way worst, given they lost everything, than the person just setting one up trying to remember their gmail password from 5 years ago they never use, and are willing to setup a new.
Da_Bonehead

Apr 28, 2011, 6:51 PM
Everyday I am at work.
Their response is "You should have it in your systems", "I bought the phone here so you should have it"

::FACEPALM::
pickles

May 1, 2011, 3:55 PM
I would ask them if they seriously wanted *your carrier here* to have access to all of their personal info including contacts, email, calender appointments...nobody in their right f*cking mind would say yes....or would they?

"I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS AGREEING TO!!!!1"
CellStudent

May 1, 2011, 9:41 PM
The most annoying thing about this issue is it would be so EASY for Google to fix it:

Make the phone time-out after 7 days and require the password to be entered if a true login to the Google Account has not happened online or on the handset in the past week.

At least that way, the failure would bee identified and corrected within two weeks of the sale instead of 6 months later when their "friend" changes the passcode symbol for them!

I can't think of any reason Google made this so difficult!
Da_Bonehead

May 2, 2011, 9:51 AM
That is the one that drives me the most crazy is when their friend has tried to access their device when it is locked and causes it to time out. They show up in my store with a locked timed out device and do not know their password. when I tell them I can unlock it but their phone will be wiped, OMG, they start with the you cannot get my password for me. I tell them if they cannot I surely cannot.
::Smacking my head on my desk::

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.