Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

Customer of the Day

Fredd

Apr 26, 2011, 4:20 PM
An actual email exchange:

Customer: Please check to see if the above wireless number is eligible for an upgrade.

Me: This line is eligible for an early iPhone upgrade

Cust: When will this line be eligible for a full upgrade?

Me: will be eligible for a standard upgrade on 05/15/2011.

Cust: When you say standard does that mean she will be eligible for a full discounted iphone upgrade on 5/15 or a smartphone upgrade or both?

Me: Line is currently eligible for an upgrade to any device other than an iPhone.

Cust: She will be eligible for an iphone on 5/15/2011, correct?

Me: YES (slams head on desk)
soundwave

Apr 26, 2011, 6:48 PM

Me: Line is currently eligible for an upgrade to any device other than an iPhone

Maybe im misreading this, but dont these two sentences conflict each other?
medic6037

Apr 27, 2011, 8:23 AM

Me: Line is currently eligible for an upgrade to any device other than an iPhone

soundwave

Apr 27, 2011, 11:30 AM
I see that there is a difference between the two, but you can not say that on this day, customer is eligible to get an iphone, and then same day say the customer is eligible to get any device other than iphone. Those two things disagree with each other. The difference is in the upgrade type, not the options of phone available to the customer (which is what they were inquiring about.) I think we all forget that the customer is not as knowledgeable as we are sometimes, and they dont always know the difference.
medic6037

Apr 27, 2011, 12:07 PM
True. Very true. That's why i hate selling the iPhones, because there's so many things that can affect eligibility and when you order it over the phone there's an email and if they don't agree you lose the sale (didn't know if you knew that. Sorry if you did). It's just a pain. that's why i've been selling the crap out of the inspire 😎
soundwave

Apr 27, 2011, 12:22 PM
Yeah i did not know that, ive only worked in retail at an indirect, so we have different scenarios than a phone center rep would. Ive been selling an insane amount of inspires too, we have them pretty cheap, we cant keep them in stock.
medic6037

Apr 28, 2011, 1:24 PM
How much do have the uinspire for? The lowest i can gert it down to is 74.99. Still when you're not eligible for an upgrade 74.99 sounds pretty good
soundwave

Apr 28, 2011, 4:07 PM
Dang, weve got it for 79.99 and i thought that was cheap. Between that and bb torches for 29.97 weve really been increasing our att traffic.
medic6037

Apr 29, 2011, 9:48 AM
Yeah. The way they dropped the prices on the blackberries i can give somebody a free curve 3 g and the torch is only 24.99. My sales have shot through the roof.
San_Sebastion

Apr 30, 2011, 10:37 PM
I don't even mention the early upgrade unless the customer brings it up to me first or they are seriously FUBAR'd with their current phone. There has been so much backfire on me over early iPhone upgrades.
Fredd

Apr 27, 2011, 11:40 AM
The iPhone upgrade eligibility is different than other devices within AT&T, regardless of contract provisions (I work with a major national account, normal upgrade eligibility is 2x in a 12-month period).
soundwave

Apr 27, 2011, 11:58 AM
I understand that, i dont believe thats what the customer was asking. I think they just wanted to know what phone they could get, regardless of what we call the upgrade. i know what you mean though, it seems like you tell people something 10 times and they still dont get it.
Ishamael

Apr 26, 2011, 6:56 PM
You totally misinformed the customer, and then later said something different, then said something different again!

First you said that it IS eligible for an upgrade to the iPhone.

Then you say it WILL BE eligible 05/15/2011.

Then you say that it IS eligible for anything EXCEPT the iPhone.

Make up your mind; it's no wonder you have such a tough time with customers.
soundwave

Apr 26, 2011, 6:58 PM
Thats what i thought. Just goes to show that when you get mad at a customer for misunderstanding, you may be guilty as well.
Ishamael

Apr 26, 2011, 6:59 PM
Yeah, I once did not believe what a customer was saying because it sounded so off-the-wall, we went in circles until I finally called a number he claimed was internal but not part of any of my records... I called the number, got an executive escalations rep, and they told me what was up.

I came back to the line with the customer and apologized.
soundwave

Apr 26, 2011, 7:34 PM
Thats why i always try to be nice to people, cause when i screw up, i look like less of an ass. And believe me, ive screwed up a few times.
callcenterrep69

Apr 27, 2011, 6:25 AM
The worse part? Agents (just like customers) whom believe are ALWAYS right 🙄
LA LA LA LA LA

Apr 29, 2011, 10:43 PM
CX: Where is my order

ME: One moment please as I review your order.

ME: Sorry, it looks as if your order has been canceled due to verification problems, please visit a store.

CX: O so that means it should be here on monday?

ME: No. Unfortunately it has been canceled.

CX: Where is it then.

ME: I am sorry sir, your order was canceled by our Verifications team.

CX: WHY?

I am not lying this happened today and I literally wanted to scream.
MadLib

Apr 29, 2011, 10:48 PM
I can't imagine how you would react with actually frustrating situations.
LA LA LA LA LA

Apr 29, 2011, 11:07 PM
Sit here and do this for 8 hours while you are dealing with people who do not know basic words and then try and dumb it down also this is just my worst of the day. Not my life.
pickles

Apr 29, 2011, 11:29 PM
yeah, I feel ya. I've had to explain to customers what credit was and why we needed to check it to send them free sh*t.
MadLib

Apr 30, 2011, 12:17 AM
I worked in Sam's Club for three years. What I encountered were the most ignorant of all fools. That experience did nothing but boost my already-overbearing ego, as it was clear that I was almost always the most intelligent individual inside of the entire building (hubris FTW!).

That was the problem, though. My father, who I consider to be the most intelligent person I've ever met, has always taught me to seek those who are more intelligent than I, as it is both unproductive and frightening when I am the most intelligent person in the room.

I've taken a career in banking, which starts on Monday, and it is my hope that I will be able to surround myself with brilliant individuals as opposed to the stifling stupidity of my previous cli...
(continues)
soundwave

Apr 30, 2011, 10:07 AM
odd, i left a career in banking to come sell cell phones in a sams club.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.