Obama fone

pickles

Apr 15, 2011, 9:15 PM
me: "So, Mr. Customer, who do you have for your current service provider?"
customer: "I just got oneadem obama fonez"

and then they told me $29.99 a month was too 'spensive
wireless.praying.mantis

Apr 15, 2011, 9:25 PM
Yet another one of our prepaid products...
http://www.assurancewireless.com/Public/Welcome.aspx »
pickles

Apr 15, 2011, 9:27 PM
i figured. he didn't know wtf assurance or lifeline was, he just kept saying "obama fone!"
wireless.praying.mantis

Apr 16, 2011, 9:02 PM
I'm not sure if Assurance Wireless is the same as the Lifeline program. All I know if the handset they get appears to be a monolithic style Kyocera one. ๐Ÿคจ
pickles

Apr 18, 2011, 9:16 PM
i wasn't implying they are the same company (duh they're seperate), but they both provide similar service to qualifying low-income households. my point was, the dude i was talking to had no idea which one he had.
MadLib

Apr 17, 2011, 12:40 AM
Are you sure you're not exaggerating? If not, remind me of why you, I and every tax payer are paying for his bill, when he doesn't even have the comprehension to recognize the service he's using. Why do we support the weak in such a way? Providing for food and shelter is one thing (although the federal government should absolutely never spend for those reasons; that is to remain the responsibility of the states), but a cell phone is absolutely not a necessity and there is no reason a government funded cellular service should be provided.

This is a perfect example of an opportunity for a charity program to exist. A great way to provide this service is as a combination effort from all major carriers who all contribute decent amounts to a co...
(continues)
olderthandirt

Apr 18, 2011, 7:49 PM
Whine, whine, whine, blah, blah, blah,,about what the government should and should not do is ever changing.

for elderly and disabled the cell phone is safer and at times the only way they can get emergency service. And a lot of them fought and supported this country and are owed more than we have ever given them. Need to thank them for your freedom.
-----------------------
The lifeline program is supported already supported by a minor charge leveled on all accounts.
callcenterrep69

Apr 19, 2011, 8:08 AM
You've fallen and you can't get up? There's an APP for that! ๐Ÿคฃ
medic6037

Apr 19, 2011, 10:57 AM
๐Ÿคฃ
you.CAN.hear.me.now

Apr 19, 2011, 4:38 PM
Sounds like you have an Obama phone, too.

I fought for my country. That's why I don't want my taxes paying for a cell phone.
pickles

Apr 19, 2011, 7:21 PM
Madlib is a pretty cool guy. Eh, makes things into poltical debate and doesn't afraid of anything
whitechick

May 11, 2011, 10:55 PM
Why do the needy need cellphones? Why is the landline program not sufficient? A cell phone is a luxury. If I lose my income the first things to go will be the cellphone, cable and Internet. I really don't see a need for a cellphone charity OR cell phone entitlement program. ๐Ÿ™„
But 'obamaphone' is pretty funny ๐Ÿคฃ
reelbad

May 12, 2011, 7:03 PM
ringringringringringringring, BANANA PHONE!!!!!
๐Ÿคฃ
MadLib

May 12, 2011, 7:15 PM
reelbad
reelbad

May 13, 2011, 2:41 AM
I try!
MadLib

May 13, 2011, 8:31 AM
My joke was worse. ๐Ÿ˜›

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.