Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Is it bad when....

DartStuticus

Apr 4, 2011, 2:31 PM
a customer wants a USB Internet card but you know they will wrack up overage. You tell them they will wrack up overage, but they want to get it anyway. Then the only reason you sell it to them is because their billing cycle just closed and you know they wont see the chargers for over 2 months and they are too stupid to call in or check for the overage the will most assuredly have before its too late for them to cancel.

I hate churn because I REALLY tell people what they are buying when I sell them something. I hate it when they don't listen to me.
BMDroid

Apr 4, 2011, 3:21 PM
DartStuticus said:
a customer wants a USB Internet card but you know they will wrack up overage. You tell them they will wrack up overage, but they want to get it anyway.

Right. You told them. They know what they're doing. What's the problem? Stop thinking you know more than them.
guitarhero73

Apr 4, 2011, 8:32 PM
All you really can do is, if you have full access to their account, note it fully so when they call in there's the info for the customer service rep to pass on.
BMDroid

Apr 4, 2011, 9:14 PM
What info? They know how much overage is. They know how to check balance and usage. What's the problem? The service provider isn't responsible for anything at this point.
famoussasjohn

Apr 5, 2011, 9:05 AM
Like informing the rep that the customer was informed of the policy and what would happen if they went over their limit and so fourth. basically cover yourself and if the customer calls in, they can't lie about it and it is in notes detailed on what happened when they bought it.
DartStuticus

Apr 6, 2011, 10:51 AM
I attempted to reply to this Monday but I guess I never ended up hitting submit and got caught up in something else.

My point was, if the customer had half a brain they would end up returning it because they would see that they would be wracking up overage. They won't return it though because they are too dumb to check their usage on anything other than a monthly bill, which they wont be receiving for 2 months, once they are outside of their return period. I believe they actually said as much
wdfichtel

Apr 6, 2011, 12:18 PM
DartStuticus said:
a customer wants a USB Internet card but you know they will wrack up overage. You tell them they will wrack up overage, but they want to get it anyway...

Nothing bad here. If you did your part as a consultant and they chose to get the service anyhow, it's all on the consumer. It's a little something called 'personal responsibility'.
serendair

Apr 6, 2011, 8:34 PM
...we have that?

Or, rather, we enforce that?
pickles

Apr 6, 2011, 9:24 PM
you use fake words like "wrack" but i'm not the spelling and grammar police or anything. you did your part as a sales rep. i've given people free phones knowing they wouldn't be able to afford the monthly service plan, and knowing prepaid would be better/cheaper for them...but they still want the free phones cause they feel like they're getting something for nothing. same thing here. you explained the charges, and what the overage charges would be. you did your job as a sales person, the rest is up to the customer.
Poking Pixie

Apr 7, 2011, 10:34 AM
o jester of the grammar police, he just didn't use it in the right context. Wrack is the past tense of the verb rack, as in "wracked with pain," or "wracked his brain for the answer."
Fredd

Apr 7, 2011, 11:32 AM
–noun
1. wreck or wreckage.
2. damage or destruction: wrack and ruin.
3. a trace of something destroyed: leaving not a wrack behind.
4. seaweed or other vegetation cast on the shore.
–verb (used with object)
5. to wreck: He wracked his car up on the river road.
Use wrack in a Sentence
See images of wrack
Search wrack on the Web

--------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

Origin:
before 900; Middle English wrak (noun), Old English wræc vengeance, misery, akin to wracu vengeance, misery, wrecan to wreak

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wrack »
Da_Bonehead

Apr 7, 2011, 12:32 PM
I think it was meant in this context
rack up
vb (tr, adverb)
1. to accumulate (points)
2. (Performing Arts) Also rack down to adjust the vertical alignment of so that the upper or lower edges of the frame do not show

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rack+up »

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.