Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Poll

Joby

Mar 29, 2011, 11:40 PM
Should the merger of AT&T and T-Mobile be allowed to go through? Yea or Nay?
Simply_Eric

Mar 30, 2011, 9:31 AM
I say yes but only because I think its to my own benefit. I see a lot of Tmobile customers that won't be able to wait to jump ship and I imagine that ATT is only going to be so nice when it comes to grandfathered rate plans and such.

Sprint becomes the de facto low-priced carrier with this move and that's a position I welcome.

With that being said, I don't think this is a move that's going to benefit the average customer and I wouldn't expect rates to drop at all.
olderthandirt

Apr 2, 2011, 6:04 PM
The only problem with your thought is that Sprint is buried pretty deep right now.

Where I work word is out that Sprint is reclaiming all sup phones as of the last couple of days. And when sups are deciding where to meet for a last drink it is not a good oman

T Mobile customers will still have their service for sometime as hearings and stuff are still to be delt with. AT&T will have to be careful in how they do things as they will be under the microscope.

Only time will tell
Simply_Eric

Apr 2, 2011, 6:43 PM
When a company decides to trim the fat, the higher ups are the first to go. It in itself doesn't really mean anything other than they're trimming fat.
olderthandirt

Apr 5, 2011, 7:56 PM
Unfortunatily the real fat is at the top. And that does not get trimmed. Have seen CEOs leave and continue to make major money for not working. Check the web and will see.

Personally care less. Do my thing and enjoy life. Been in the crazy land of Work, work work. Decided Rather work to live than live to work. Never looked back. Retirement set though doubt I will actually do that. But can pick and choose what I want to do. Can do without a lot of the crap that many think is immportant.

Living on a 45 ft sailboat showed me that it does not matter. Lose the ego and it is easy
olderthandirt

Apr 2, 2011, 2:55 PM
Yea - AT&T will get it and pay some outside prices for doing so. But, in the end it is needed also by T-Mobile for long term survival.
Arjuun

Apr 2, 2011, 3:04 PM
but t-mobile wont survival it will be consumed by at@t they will keep people grandfathered take the tech and the people and kill the rest of it or anything they dont need and soon as any cust gets a new phone bam at&t plans and contracts and etf's all way higher then tmoble
its going to be just like Microsoft and small programing company's they buy
olderthandirt

Apr 2, 2011, 6:51 PM
Perhaps and that may be the way it goes. Hard to say with such a difference between US and rest of world. Greed rules here.

Friend in Germany laughs about the difference and when my son traveled in Africa his rate was std until back in US
Required

Apr 5, 2011, 10:21 PM
Nothing happens to my data and bill. Otherwise, this is me not giving a damn.
melrhodes

Apr 6, 2011, 12:11 PM
nay
5tr0uble5

Apr 6, 2011, 8:06 PM
umm duopoly...
😁
MadLib

Apr 6, 2011, 8:07 PM
Too harmful to the market and consumers.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.