Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Sprint REPS on the phone

Simply_Eric

Feb 26, 2011, 4:03 PM
we're all on the same team right? Please stop sending customers over to Best Buy for phones, those guys don't even work on commission lol
Ishamael

Feb 26, 2011, 10:39 PM
If a customer asks me whether or not they can purchase and activate a phone from a third-party such as Best Buy, I am required by policy to tell them that they can.

If the customer asks me whether or not Sprint will match prices for a third-party such as Best Buy, I am required by policy to tell them that we will not.

If the customer asks me whether or not third-party stores like Best Buy can sell phones for less than Sprint, I am required by policy to tell them that they can.

While the information is never vollunteered and customers are always refered to Sprint sales locations first, if a customer asks, I must answer honestly.
Simply_Eric

Feb 28, 2011, 3:48 PM
While you may personally never volunteer the information (and thank you for that) I can assure you it does happen. I've listened over customer conversations on speakerphone where the information is volunteered without the customers help. It's pretty much a kick in the shins.

Also, as for upgrades, that's correct we won't price match, new lines of service is a different matter altogether. I have a budget here at the store and if we're not over budget then there's some wiggle room with phone prices.
IgotStax

Mar 1, 2011, 7:07 PM
i personaly always refer them to sprint store and advised them of ready now service so they can have info transfered, learn how to use phones and insure plan set up correctly, if they ask about best buy i have to tell them they have no mir, but they are working with an hourly employe of the store who knows nothing about the phones, cant transfer info and will be pushed into a phone and sent out the store. i honestly try to get them to corp store.
Simply_Eric

Mar 9, 2011, 10:31 AM
Exactly. I wish every rep explained it to people like that which is generally the truth.

A lady came into my store yesterday that had went to Best Buy to get her son transferred to an iphone. She's been paying for a $129 family plan for a single line since August. ouch.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.